Rain Bird

Relevance Date Difficulty

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rain Bird in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process was lengthy (almost 2 months) and during that period of time I had to conduct several Skype, phone and in person interviews. The company flew me in to their Tucson facilities for 2 day meetings. Their HR department was very helpful and coordinated all the travel arrangements and at the end contacted me to make sure I had a good flight back and to reimburse any missing meal or car rental expenses.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, except the average, like "explain your strengths and weaknesses", " how did you resolve a dispute or managed a disgruntled co-worker", etc. They did want to know what experience I had in the industry and what was my knowledge on their products and the competitors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much since they have already established packages for each position. I was taken back by the initial offer of a company car, but when I was hired they took that off the table explaining that they had just recently changed the company's policy. This was not a good starting point and made the situation a bit aggravating since they did not make any attempt to offer anything else instead.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Rain Bird

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rain Bird Regional Sales Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Rain Bird employees and interview candidates.