Rain Bird

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in January 2009.

Interview Details – Overall good interview experience. Hiring Mangers were enthusistic about Rain Bird and very thorough in screening candidates. I was able to get a good honest perspective of the "ups and downs" of the position. They will definitely repeat they only hire "the best of the best". I am obvioulsly not currently working for Rain Bird, but I look at the interviewing opportunity as a positive experience moving through several levels of a tough interview process. They know what questions to ask and will fire through them interview quickly, so be prepared to have solid answers which can transition into the next question.

Interview Question – Be prepared to use specific situation based problems form past experience and your solution to the sales issue. They will then want to know how you could apply that to a Rain Bird setting.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Rain Bird in March 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview by the HR recruiter. The next step was another phone interview but with the hiring manager. Once those small hurdles were cleared it was on to some 1:1 interviews at their Tucson office. The process up to that point went fairly well, including the planning of interviews and travel arrangements.

Before my interviews I did the necessary research of this company, including some conversations with current & former employees. I must say that most of the comments about this company posted on Glassdoor.com are spot-on. There is an air of despair & unhappiness, not only with the individuals I spoke with but also from the minute you walk into their building. No one smiled; there was not appearance of camaraderie by way of colleagues working/speaking together. It felt like a jailhouse.

While you may be given the feeling that the interviews went well, don’t be surprised if you never hear a response back. For my experience the hiring manager’s parting words was he would make a decision within days & get back to me within that timeframe. Well, it’s been nearly two months & after multiple attempts by me to contact him & the HR recruiter I have yet to receive a response. Regardless of their perception of a candidate the shear lack of professionalism & common respect shown speaks volumes to support all of the negative thoughts I hear/read about this company. My suggestion is if you get an interview with them don’t turn it down. It will be good practice and good for you to experience what not to do when you’re in the same hiring position.

Interview Question – Continuous questions on why I want to leave my current job. One wasn't enough; it needed to be asked three different ways.   Answer Question

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!