Rain Bird

2.7

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird.

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions
    • One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   View Answers (2)
    Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in June 2013.

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rain Bird in October 2012.

On site interview

Interview Questions
    • Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   View Answers (2)
    Not negotiated

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird in May 2012.

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions
    • When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   View Answers (3)

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in February 2012.

I was prepped to discuss working people out of the org and sure enough we spent a fair amount of time on that topic. Bizarre to be honest. Most other orgs are much more focused on how one grows the business.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience dealing with underperforming employees   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird in December 2011.

The interview process was a little unusual. Because the company is private nearly all of the information you might typically ask about various divisions, number of employees, etc. were either not answered or could not be answered by even senior management. Perhaps one of the most unusual things I learned was that at least 30% of their staff was "on notice" AT ALLL TIMES. They feel that this type of management is most effective. Furthermore, because of the secrecy, they embrace channel conflict and appear to do nothing to enpower synergies.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird in October 2011.

I first received a phone call a few months after I applied online. The phone call was brief and described the open position. I then had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I received a long description of what it’s like to work in a call center, what to expect and how to succeed. After that interview I was able to talk with a few other managers’ one on one so they could get an opinion on me. There was a second interview where I was able to accept the offer and sign some paper work.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rain Bird in September 2011.

The process was lengthy (almost 2 months) and during that period of time I had to conduct several Skype, phone and in person interviews. The company flew me in to their Tucson facilities for 2 day meetings. Their HR department was very helpful and coordinated all the travel arrangements and at the end contacted me to make sure I had a good flight back and to reimburse any missing meal or car rental expenses.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, except the average, like "explain your strengths and weaknesses", " how did you resolve a dispute or managed a disgruntled co-worker", etc. They did want to know what experience I had in the industry and what was my knowledge on their products and the competitors.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate much since they have already established packages for each position. I was taken back by the initial offer of a company car, but when I was hired they took that off the table explaining that they had just recently changed the company's policy. This was not a good starting point and made the situation a bit aggravating since they did not make any attempt to offer anything else instead.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird in August 2011.

it was through a contractor, but the process was fast and easy.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rain Bird in June 2011.

Interview process relaxed. Flew me in, interviewed with 4 people & the director. A pathetic solidworks test followed conducted by a temp guy who was trying to make it too hard for everyone. They made it seem like they are building Rocket Engines.

Interview Questions
    • Basic HR questions, nothing too complicated.   View Answer
    No negotiations