Rain Bird

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Rain Bird in August 2011.

Interview Details – it was through a contractor, but the process was fast and easy.

Interview Question – it was my first work   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird.

Interview Details – Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Question – One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2012.

Interview Details – On site interview

Interview Question – Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not negotiated

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2011.

Interview Details – Interview process relaxed. Flew me in, interviewed with 4 people & the director. A pathetic solidworks test followed conducted by a temp guy who was trying to make it too hard for everyone. They made it seem like they are building Rocket Engines.

Interview Question – Basic HR questions, nothing too complicated.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in June 2013.

Interview Details – No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Question – none, that is what was so surprising   View Answer

Manager Level Interview

Manager Level
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in October 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with lots of people including VP. Very straight up - with very little humor involved - Use humor sparingly with VP. They do have a list of questions to guide them - some use, some don't.

Interview Question – Why did you go the school you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like any other - as expected

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rain Bird in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process was lengthy (almost 2 months) and during that period of time I had to conduct several Skype, phone and in person interviews. The company flew me in to their Tucson facilities for 2 day meetings. Their HR department was very helpful and coordinated all the travel arrangements and at the end contacted me to make sure I had a good flight back and to reimburse any missing meal or car rental expenses.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, except the average, like "explain your strengths and weaknesses", " how did you resolve a dispute or managed a disgruntled co-worker", etc. They did want to know what experience I had in the industry and what was my knowledge on their products and the competitors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate much since they have already established packages for each position. I was taken back by the initial offer of a company car, but when I was hired they took that off the table explaining that they had just recently changed the company's policy. This was not a good starting point and made the situation a bit aggravating since they did not make any attempt to offer anything else instead.

Training and Development Interview

Training and Development
Tucson, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in April 2011.

Interview Details – Standard contact by email if I was interested, followed by two very thorough phone interviews. Questions were in-depth and focused. This was followed by them flying me to Tucson for a series of interviews which went fantastic, until the last one.

Interview Question – How do you feel about the company policy of reducing employees by the lowest performing 10% annually?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Tucson, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rain Bird in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was contacted and interviewed by a corporate recruiter.

I had a first round interview with the Senior Product Manager over the phone, and was invited to Tucson to meet with the Marketing Manager, SBU director, and a fellow product manager.

Job offer came pretty quick with two weeks to decide.

The place gave me a strange feeling from the beginning. Way too serious for a company that makes plastic tubing and valves. The metal detector and bag inspection at the front desk raised a red flag. I used to work for a high tech communications company and we had less security at the front desk.

Interview Question – What would be your goals for the first 90 days?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was between jobs, the offer was fair so I didn't negotiate.

I should have pushed for more vacation.

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Tucson, AZ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rain Bird in May 2012.

Interview Details – Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Question – When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   View Answers (2)

Worked for Rain Bird? Contribute to the Community!