Rain Bird Interview Questions in Tucson, AZ

Updated May 23, 2015

2.7

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

First a recruiter called, we had a couple one hour conversations.
    Then we did Skype video discussions with Rain Bird senior director.
    Then another Skype video conference with a business manager.

Then an onsite interview where there were Open discussions with a broad team, one hour each person.

Interview Questions

• Why leaving current role
      Questions about my current role

1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview process was smooth and easy. It consisted of an initial interview with the hiring manager, another phone interview with another employee and a day of onsite interviews with senior leaders. Each interview felt more like a conversation than a standard interview which made it much more relaxed and comfortable. What I found most beneficial was the ability to talk with leaders from so many areas of the company. Each had views in relation to the role I was interviewing for and provided unique insight into the company.

Interview Questions

• We've talked about successes in your career, but can you name a failure and what you learned from it?   2 Answers

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Not a very involved process. I got the feeling they were more interested in my resume than in me.

Interview Questions

• One of my future peers asked me if I was really ready to step into such a negative culture.   3 Answers

Negotiation

Generous offer, not much negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

No situation, Action, results questions asked on the solution selling method or how one resolved a complex sale. Seemed that the hiring decision was based on if they liked you and not what your abilities were. No salary requirements given, except that there is a cap on what you can make.

Interview Questions

• none, that is what was so surprising   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

On site interview

Interview Questions

• Very simple to the point questions related to the job positions. No technical questions. Talked about my experiences in assembly product flow, SolidWorks etc.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not negotiated

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Just Bizzare - Stood Up at the Interview

I submitted a resume to Rain Bird back in 2007. Apparently it was still on file. This May (2012) I recieved a call from an internal recruiter at Rain Bird. He found my old resume and passed it on to the director of the business unit. She wanted to interview me. He was calling to see if I had interest, sent me the job description etc. etc. All normal stuff.

Over the course of a couple of phone calls we set up a time for a phone interview. The time comes and passes. I have now contacted the company via email and phone...yes, the people do work there. No answer. The lack of professionalism is amazing. It sure fits with everything people have written. Wow.

Interview Questions

• When I asked the HR manager the name of the market manager I would be interviewing with.   3 Answers

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in February 2012.

Interview

I was prepped to discuss working people out of the org and sure enough we spent a fair amount of time on that topic. Bizarre to be honest. Most other orgs are much more focused on how one grows the business.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience dealing with underperforming employees   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a little unusual. Because the company is private nearly all of the information you might typically ask about various divisions, number of employees, etc. were either not answered or could not be answered by even senior management. Perhaps one of the most unusual things I learned was that at least 30% of their staff was "on notice" AT ALLL TIMES. They feel that this type of management is most effective. Furthermore, because of the secrecy, they embrace channel conflict and appear to do nothing to enpower synergies.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if you were 100% of plan and put on notice?   4 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

I first received a phone call a few months after I applied online. The phone call was brief and described the open position. I then had a face to face interview with the hiring manager. I received a long description of what it’s like to work in a call center, what to expect and how to succeed. After that interview I was able to talk with a few other managers’ one on one so they could get an opinion on me. There was a second interview where I was able to accept the offer and sign some paper work.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rain Bird (Tucson, AZ) in September 2011.

Interview

The process was lengthy (almost 2 months) and during that period of time I had to conduct several Skype, phone and in person interviews. The company flew me in to their Tucson facilities for 2 day meetings. Their HR department was very helpful and coordinated all the travel arrangements and at the end contacted me to make sure I had a good flight back and to reimburse any missing meal or car rental expenses.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, except the average, like "explain your strengths and weaknesses", " how did you resolve a dispute or managed a disgruntled co-worker", etc. They did want to know what experience I had in the industry and what was my knowledge on their products and the competitors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate much since they have already established packages for each position. I was taken back by the initial offer of a company car, but when I was hired they took that off the table explaining that they had just recently changed the company's policy. This was not a good starting point and made the situation a bit aggravating since they did not make any attempt to offer anything else instead.