Rain For Rent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2014

2.8

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rain For Rent.

Interview

I responded to an online posting and was contacted by corporate recruiter. First interview was with recruiter and region VP where they went through a pretty standard list of questions. Next was a whirlwind trip to Bakersfield, CA to interview with corp execs, followed by a visit to local branch, and 3 more phone interviews. In total I interviewed with 9 people over the span of a month. Oh yeah, there were online intelligence and personality tests too. It seemed like it would NEVER end, then finally an offer. After that it took nearly a month for drug, background and physical fitness testing.

The sad part is the company spends a huge amount of time screening candidates but practically zero effort onboarding and training. Small wonder turnover is so high among managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an emergency at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate hard for salary as bonus structure makes it difficult to earn incentives. Push for more PTO since vacation and sick days come out of your PTO balance.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Rain For Rent (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

It will take a very long time to actually be hired and on-boarded with Rain for Rent.

Negotiation

They are very tight with their salary offer, the offer given to me was very low.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rain For Rent (Mobile, AL) in November 2011.

Interview

- Multiple Interviews with Branch Manager, VP & Regional Sales Manager
    - Took multiple personality tests
    - Visited Branch and had ride along with Manager
    - Introduced to Branch Personnel
    - Tested on knowledge of systems and products
    - Reviewed Resume

Interview Questions

• What is your systems knowledge background   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rain For Rent (Riverside, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

3 Interviews, many questions, with the local Branch Manager, Regional VP, and the HR representative. Branch Manager interview was fairly easy, the one with the VP much more difficult.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Rain For Rent in January 2010.

Interview

i was recruited but the hiring process was very slow. It was a 3 month process of interviews and testing. After I was hired, i had to complete another 90 days of training outside my own department.i had to keep the ball rolling with the hiring process. i really kept wondering if they really were intending on hiring me or if there were some type of problem delaying their offer. i almost took a different job offer due to the delay

Interview Questions

• Why i wanted to leave my current job and come to work at Rain for Rent.   1 Answer

Negotiation

i negotiated an additional $5000 salary then their offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Rain For Rent (Fresno, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

I responded to an advertisement found in the newspaper. I received a call from the branch manager with in week of my resume submission. A few days later I went in for an interview. The interview went really well and the manager reciprocated the sentiment. We agreed on a follow up timeline. The manager also asked me to go online and post my resume and take an IQ test and a personality test. I took the tests the next day. On the date we agreed upon I followed up I received no response from the manager. This went on for 2 months. I finally gave up and decided that opportunity was dead. Out of nowhere on a Friday late afternoon (5:15 PM none the less), some 2-3 months after the initial interview I received a phone call from the regional manager. We proceded to talk for approximately 1.5 hours. I then received a call from the local branhc manager stating that the regional manager was going to call me. 4-5 days after the regional manager interview I got word back from the local manager and it was decided that I was to have a w3rd interview at the local branch. The 3rd interview consisted of stating I wanted the job, salary requirements, and paper work. The last step was a drug screen at the local clinic.

Interview Questions

• In your past how have you dealt with a situation that went wrong or where the customer was upset. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Rain for Rent's sales associate position pays 20.00/hour.

Technician Interview

Interview

there was a phone interview then you get called in for a in person interview. afterwards you wait for conformation of employment which then you go in and sign some documents finalizing your employment. the process takes about a 4-6 weeks to complete.

Interview Questions

• what are some of the ways your experience will help the company grow   Answer Question

Negotiation

don't under value yourself