RainKing

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RainKing in October 2012.

Interview Details – Upon arriving for my interview, I was unceremoniously presented with a written test, which I hadn't been informed of prior to arriving. It was a little abrasive I thought, but it's designed to be a trick. You're supposed to complete as many questions as you can (skipping OK) in the allotted time. Interview itself was pretty unremarkable, they're just looking to make sure you can communicate reasonably well.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation not on the table. I now realize this should have been a red flag, along with the fact that bagels are listed among the perks in the offer letter.

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Regional Director of Sales
Bethesda, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RainKing in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty straight forward. I came in for my first round interview and felt like I was being cross-examined. Next they had me take the wunderlick test and a personality test. The final interview was via skype to see how I communicated over a digital medium. I had no idea whether I would get the offer or not based on my read f management.

Interview Question – Why do you want to make money?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation to be had. The stuck firmly to their initial offer.

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RainKing.

Interview Details – Pretty extensive. Need to complete wonderlic, writing test, and interview with two Research managers if you pass the wonderlic.

Interview Question – Give me a example of a time where you had to multitask.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RainKing.

Interview Details – You apply, and the hiring manager gets back to you, usually pretty quickly. You come in for an interview, and take an IQ test called the wonderlic. This is pretty much the only factor that determines whether you will get the job. Its a basic IQ test. Remember you can skip questions.

Two Research Managers will interview. Nobody is really experienced at interviewing, so the questions won't be tough.

If you did well on the Wonderlic, and didn't totally botch your interview, you should receive an offer call reasonably quickly. If you didn't that's because the job you interviewed for wasn't actually open. This company interviews with they're fully staffed in case somebody suddenly quits. You may receive an offer a month or two down the road if this happens. Nothing really wrong with it, but thats how it is.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with Cold Calling?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate. It can't hurt to ask for more money.

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at RainKing in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and cover letter for the position via email after seeing it advertised on craigslist.org. Four days later, I was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview for later in the week.

I arrived at the offices and immediately a staff member helped me find my interviewer, the Research Team Leader (there is no reception/ist). We had to wait a couple minutes for conference room space, but once I sat down another Research Analyst gave me a Wonderlic test to complete. I'd never taken this type of test before, it just reminded me of the SATs honestly. After 12 minutes, the test was collected and the interview began.

The interview was easy-going. They explained the position, I had enough time to ask the questions I needed to. At this point, I thought the interview was over, but I was then ushered to meet the Chief Content Officer. He gave me a quick writing assignment, asking me to summarize a paragraph from an article. We chatted for a bit and I left. I used the thank you emails I wrote later that night to ask about next steps.

My interview was on a Friday, and by Monday evening I had received a phone call from the Chief Content Officer with a job offer. He promised to email me a formal offer letter the next day. I had to remind him after a week had passed to send it, so that slowed down the negotiations process. Despite this, everyone was really easy to deal with and there was no pressure involved.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. I was asked to demonstrate why my skills aligned with the demands of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not receiving an offer letter until a week after the verbal job offer slowed down the negotiations process. Despite this, everyone was really easy to deal with and there was no pressure involved.

Corporate Researcher Interview

Corporate Researcher
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RainKing in January 2010.

Interview Details – 1. You first apply online to the company with your resume.

2. If the research department likes what they see on your resume, they will send you a personality test. You then will have to complete it and then send it back.

3. If the department believes the characteristics you put in the personality test are to its liking, then one of the research team leads will call or email you and ask if you are interested in interviewing. You may be able to interview as soon as the next day.

4. On your interview day when you enter our office, there is no receptionist. You will also notice that the vast majority if not everyone will be casual because RainKing is a casual workplace. However, that doesn't mean that you can slouch on your interview attire. If you're a man, wear a suit, no blazer and khakis or other shortcuts. If you're a lady, wear a business pant suit or a conservative skirt. Look serious for the interview, period.

One researcher near the front door will give you a Wonderlic test to complete and give you 12 minutes to complete it. You then will complete the Wonderlic.

5. Your test is graded while you wait for the actual interview. After it's graded, one or two research team leaders will be asking you questions. They will ask you generally open questions like "why RainKing, etc." but you will also be asked why you want to leave your current job, etc. as well. Expect at least one team leader to give you his or her email to ask questions, etc.

You are expected to pass a certain benchmark on the test if you're ultimately hired. Even if you do not pass the benchmark, that doesn't necessarily mean you're out. You will get interviewed either way. Just do well for the latter half of this process. That said, very few people at RainKing scored a low Wonderlic.

6. Email the team leader(s) that interview you back within 24 hours of your interview. Common courtesy, and standard procedure after any interview.

7. If everyone likes you up to this point, within 2 or 3 days of your interview, definitely no later than a week after, one of the guys from upper level management will give you a call and give you an abbreviated phone interview. With this call you should be extended an offer.

Interview Question – This position requires use of the phone. What can you do to convince me that you can use the phone effectively in this job?   View Answer

Researcher Interview

Researcher

Interviewed at RainKing

Interview Details – The first stage of the interview process is taking an online personality assessment. This assessment tries to determine if the candidate has a 'researcher' personality and will be more likely to succeed in the position. For candidates with the appropriate personality type, the candidates come in for face-to-face interview. During this interview, the candidate will meet with a few members of the research team and take the Wonderlic test. This is a timed test that assesses a person's ability to think quickly on their feet. If the Wonderlic score is acceptable the hiring team also considers personality and experience.

Interview Question – The interview is pretty conversational.   Answer Question

Corporate Researcher Interview

Corporate Researcher

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RainKing in August 2009.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume, if the company likes you, you will be sent an online personality test. If you fit the description the company is looking for, you will be invited to interview. The first thing that happens when you get to the office is that you will take a Wonderlic test. Then you will have a couple of informal one-on-one interviews.

Interview Question – Speak about your ability to talk to people on the phone/cold call.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RainKing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RainKing interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by RainKing employees and interview candidates.