RainKing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.7

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

The process was one test which I passed with flying colors when I came in for another interview face to face I initially thought the guy I believe his name was George something with a g was impressed with my test scores and personality but unfortunately rainking is a very unprofessional company they could not even call and give me the courtesy of telling me I had not gotten the job, they had my recruiter tell me and never gave me a concrete answer as to why I was not hired. My personal beliefs are that they don't not employ alot of minorities from what I can see when I stepped in the office.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I applied for the position and received an email from the employer asking me to complete a writing analysis and a third-party assessment that tested your critical thinking skills, the Wonderlic. After I completed the assessments the employer reached out to me again within a day or two to schedule a phone interview. He gave me a brief rundown of the company's history, its culture, and the requirements of the position. He asked me a couple of questions about my experience (professional/educational) and what it was I looking for from an internship. After the phone interview I sent him a thank you email and within a few days he contacted me via email letting me know I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. Talk to me a little bit about your past internship? What did you like about it? What didn't you like? 2. What would you say are your top 2-3 professional strengths at this time and how can you use them to excel at RainKing. 3. If you had to describe your ideal internship what would it look like, from the moment you step foot in the office to when you check out for the day? 4. Do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Corporate Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

In person interview that involved an arduous, timed skills review test. If the test answers were successful, you met with the appropriate Team Leader who discussed the role, explained the day-to-day process and asked about qualifications/experience, etc. If not, I believe you spoke with someone less senior as more of a nicety. It seems like it would be a better use of everyone's time if this test was offered online prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking people to provide or verify personal information they may not want to share?   Answer Question

Client Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, so my experience might not be the same as others, but it was easy and smooth. Took the Wonderlick and Personality test, then met with team manager, and then other team members.

Interview Questions

• They asked me fairly basic/typical interview questions such as what are you strengths, weaknesses, how do you work with others, managing style, etc. and my past experience in customer service.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

Pretty extensive. Need to complete wonderlic, writing test, and interview with two Research managers if you pass the wonderlic.

Interview Questions

• Give me a example of a time where you had to multitask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I came in for my first round interview and felt like I was being cross-examined. Next they had me take the wunderlick test and a personality test. The final interview was via skype to see how I communicated over a digital medium. I had no idea whether I would get the offer or not based on my read f management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation to be had. The stuck firmly to their initial offer.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RainKing.

Interview

You apply, and the hiring manager gets back to you, usually pretty quickly. You come in for an interview, and take an IQ test called the wonderlic. This is pretty much the only factor that determines whether you will get the job. Its a basic IQ test. Remember you can skip questions. Two Research Managers will interview. Nobody is really experienced at interviewing, so the questions won't be tough. If you did well on the Wonderlic, and didn't totally botch your interview, you should receive an offer call reasonably quickly. If you didn't that's because the job you interviewed for wasn't actually open. This company interviews with they're fully staffed in case somebody suddenly quits. You may receive an offer a month or two down the road if this happens. Nothing really wrong with it, but thats how it is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to negotiate. It can't hurt to ask for more money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter for the position via email after seeing it advertised on craigslist.org. Four days later, I was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview for later in the week. I arrived at the offices and immediately a staff member helped me find my interviewer, the Research Team Leader (there is no reception/ist). We had to wait a couple minutes for conference room space, but once I sat down another Research Analyst gave me a Wonderlic test to complete. I'd never taken this type of test before, it just reminded me of the SATs honestly. After 12 minutes, the test was collected and the interview began. The interview was easy-going. They explained the position, I had enough time to ask the questions I needed to. At this point, I thought the interview was over, but I was then ushered to meet the Chief Content Officer. He gave me a quick writing assignment, asking me to summarize a paragraph from an article. We chatted for a bit and I left. I used the thank you emails I wrote later that night to ask about next steps. My interview was on a Friday, and by Monday evening I had received a phone call from the Chief Content Officer with a job offer. He promised to email me a formal offer letter the next day. I had to remind him after a week had passed to send it, so that slowed down the negotiations process. Despite this, everyone was really easy to deal with and there was no pressure involved.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. I was asked to demonstrate why my skills aligned with the demands of the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not receiving an offer letter until a week after the verbal job offer slowed down the negotiations process. Despite this, everyone was really easy to deal with and there was no pressure involved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RainKing (North Bethesda, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

Upon arriving for my interview, I was unceremoniously presented with a written test, which I hadn't been informed of prior to arriving. It was a little abrasive I thought, but it's designed to be a trick. You're supposed to complete as many questions as you can (skipping OK) in the allotted time. Interview itself was pretty unremarkable, they're just looking to make sure you can communicate reasonably well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation not on the table. I now realize this should have been a red flag, along with the fact that bagels are listed among the perks in the offer letter.

Corporate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RainKing (Bethesda, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

1. You first apply online to the company with your resume. 2. If the research department likes what they see on your resume, they will send you a personality test. You then will have to complete it and then send it back. 3. If the department believes the characteristics you put in the personality test are to its liking, then one of the research team leads will call or email you and ask if you are interested in interviewing. You may be able to interview as soon as the next day. 4. On your interview day when you enter our office, there is no receptionist. You will also notice that the vast majority if not everyone will be casual because RainKing is a casual workplace. However, that doesn't mean that you can slouch on your interview attire. If you're a man, wear a suit, no blazer and khakis or other shortcuts. If you're a lady, wear a business pant suit or a conservative skirt. Look serious for the interview, period. One researcher near the front door will give you a Wonderlic test to complete and give you 12 minutes to complete it. You then will complete the Wonderlic. 5. Your test is graded while you wait for the actual interview. After it's graded, one or two research team leaders will be asking you questions. They will ask you generally open questions like "why RainKing, etc." but you will also be asked why you want to leave your current job, etc. as well. Expect at least one team leader to give you his or her email to ask questions, etc. You are expected to pass a certain benchmark on the test if you're ultimately hired. Even if you do not pass the benchmark, that doesn't necessarily mean you're out. You will get interviewed either way. Just do well for the latter half of this process. That said, very few people at RainKing scored a low Wonderlic. 6. Email the team leader(s) that interview you back within 24 hours of your interview. Common courtesy, and standard procedure after any interview. 7. If everyone likes you up to this point, within 2 or 3 days of your interview, definitely no later than a week after, one of the guys from upper level management will give you a call and give you an abbreviated phone interview. With this call you should be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• This position requires use of the phone. What can you do to convince me that you can use the phone effectively in this job?   1 Answer