Rainbow Media Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rainbow Media in February 2014.

Phone Interview followed by a in-office interview. I was asked to come in to interview two managers for the particular department. And after the interview was over, they did a background check along with a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the question, why do you want to work in the particular industry.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Rainbow Media in March 2010.

Pretty easy. I went in there for another job and didn't get it but was referred for a different and better one and was hired in 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • It was enjoyable actually. She wanted to get to know me more than anything.   Answer Question
    Fine, I counter offered once and they accepted.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rainbow Media in May 2011.

The recruiter was new and didn't know company well yet. She was too excited about filling this position, it might have been her first. Met with two of the three hiring managers in one day. The senior manager wouldn't stop talking and didn't care if I met with the third manager.

Interview Questions
    • silly questions: tell me about your worst day and how you handled it? or something to that effect.   Answer Question
    easy negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

it was very quick, HR person contacted me, then I came in for 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I think it's typical behavioral questions. But this was an entry level position...if you are applying for something more advanced they may get tricky.   Answer Question

Manager, Digital Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rainbow Media.

Multiple interviews, drug-testing

Accounts Payable Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Rainbow Media in June 2011.

Went in for a basic interview, was told I would be contacted once the department was up and running, I sent several e-mails inquiring about the position over the next few months and was told they would be in touch. I never received a phone call or e-mail from anyone, was very disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Never got a chance to speak with the manager of the department.   Answer Question

Digital Media Intern At AMCtv.com Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rainbow Media in September 2012.

I originally submitted my resume online for a different position (I think it was PR intern), but it turns out HR had forwarded my resume to the departments that I was qualified for, so I ended up getting 2 phone interviews with Digital Media and PR and 4 in-person interviews with various marketing departments in AMC/Sundance Global, WeTV, and Sundance Channel.

Interview Questions
    • Digital Media: Do you think AMC should pursue web series? (something along the lines of that)   Answer Question
    School credit was required, so I just had to get paperwork filled out by my school confirming that I was receiving credit

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rainbow Media in May 2009.

Was referred to a freelance design project by a friend in Rainbow Media's interactive division. After a series of informal email discussions, I had 1-2 in-person meetings with key members of their creative management team, and won an initial project for one of RM's major TV/Film entertainment sites. The initial project went well, and gradually developed into an ongoing monthly freelance account of approx $2000-4000/mo, for the next 2-3 years.

Overall, I had a great time working with Rainbow Media / team – they were sharp, professional, and always paid on time. I'd gladly recommend other freelance designers to work with them – though I'm not sure how many freelancers they're using these days, as the site I was working on now seems to rely more heavily on text content, and simpler graphics produced by in-house designers (probably wise, as it probably helped their bottom line significantly).

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any wacky, or trick questions. In my case, was primarily a review of my (rather extensive) portfolio.   Answer Question
    At the time, RM's interactive division had gotten an increase in design budget, so they offered $75/hr. I generally charge at least $100+/hr for freelance projects, but since they were handling all project management, Info architecture, etc, $75 was fine, as the workflow was relatively simple w/o a lot of non-creative admin hassles...

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rainbow Media.

Applied to position from my school's listserv; contacted by HR, which after a brief phone interview scheduled an on-site interview. Met with three people over the course of an hour; was called the following day to come back for a second interview. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one; it was a take it or leave it scenario.

Audio Video Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethpage, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethpage, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Rainbow Media in January 2008.

Very laid back. Always felt comfortable. Made me feel like I was wanted.

Worked for Rainbow Media? Contribute to the Community!