Rainbow Media

Updated Sep 24, 2014

2.6

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rainbow Media in August 2014.

Interviews began organically and things went well. The role was a good fit personally and skill-wise. However the HR process was very disappointing. HR did not set expectations about the necessary steps and timeline needed to complete the process. I had to contact them multiple times to figure out what to do next and after constant delays from them. After many back-and-forths and my new boss assuming I was making the delays, I informed them about the realities of the arduous process. They almost immediately retracted the offer because 'I did not complete the necessary steps within a week,' when I wasn't informed of what needed to be done. In reality, I believe they were upset that I stood up for myself and therefore tried to find a loophole to get rid of me. I am glad to not have spent my energy and time trying to work for a company like this. There are much better jobs available to designers and developers in a city filled with huge companies, thriving startups and a healthy freelance community.

Interview Questions
    • Basic code test; how to style a div, how to write small bits of jQuery.   Answer Question
    • Philosophy and methodology questions, how would you use WordPress to inject code into the <head>   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate a slightly higher salary

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rainbow Media in February 2014.

Phone Interview followed by a in-office interview. I was asked to come in to interview two managers for the particular department. And after the interview was over, they did a background check along with a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Probably the question, why do you want to work in the particular industry.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

it was very quick, HR person contacted me, then I came in for 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I think it's typical behavioral questions. But this was an entry level position...if you are applying for something more advanced they may get tricky.   Answer Question

Manager, Digital Content Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rainbow Media.

Multiple interviews, drug-testing

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rainbow Media.

Applied to position from my school's listserv; contacted by HR, which after a brief phone interview scheduled an on-site interview. Met with three people over the course of an hour; was called the following day to come back for a second interview. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one; it was a take it or leave it scenario.

Digital Media Intern At AMCtv.com Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rainbow Media in September 2012.

I originally submitted my resume online for a different position (I think it was PR intern), but it turns out HR had forwarded my resume to the departments that I was qualified for, so I ended up getting 2 phone interviews with Digital Media and PR and 4 in-person interviews with various marketing departments in AMC/Sundance Global, WeTV, and Sundance Channel.

Interview Questions
    • Digital Media: Do you think AMC should pursue web series? (something along the lines of that)   Answer Question
    School credit was required, so I just had to get paperwork filled out by my school confirming that I was receiving credit

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Phone interview and then 1:1 interview. My employer saw I was qualified and liked what I had to say. Hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the media business?   View Answer

Accounts Payable Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rainbow Media in June 2011.

Went in for a basic interview, was told I would be contacted once the department was up and running, I sent several e-mails inquiring about the position over the next few months and was told they would be in touch. I never received a phone call or e-mail from anyone, was very disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Never got a chance to speak with the manager of the department.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rainbow Media in May 2011.

The recruiter was new and didn't know company well yet. She was too excited about filling this position, it might have been her first. Met with two of the three hiring managers in one day. The senior manager wouldn't stop talking and didn't care if I met with the third manager.

Interview Questions
    • silly questions: tell me about your worst day and how you handled it? or something to that effect.   Answer Question
    easy negotiation

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rainbow Media in March 2010.

Pretty easy. I went in there for another job and didn't get it but was referred for a different and better one and was hired in 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • It was enjoyable actually. She wanted to get to know me more than anything.   Answer Question
    Fine, I counter offered once and they accepted.