Rainbow USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rainbow USA (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

by phone they ask few questions to know me better and what were my duties as a manager also wanted to know how many years of experience I have as a manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow USA (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I just walk into Rainbows to fill out an application. Two weeks later I got an call from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. It's been a couple of days since my interview and I am just waiting on a call.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a typical day Rainbows is like? Describe yourself?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rainbow USA (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

It was brief, she hired me right after and asked when I could start. I said right away. The questions were fast and simple, nothing hard and nothing complicated. I had to do a back ground check and fill out a few papers too.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rainbow USA (Valley Stream, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I walked in and got an application by another sale associate. I went the next day to hand it back in and ended up meeting the district manager who told me to go in the next day for an interview. She mostly asked me about my availability and working experience. I waited a few days and went back to the store where I was told that I did get the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rainbow USA.

Interview

Very informal and quick. Asked basic questions about customer service, working on the floor, etc. It didn't seem like an official interview, rather it seemed like it was just a conversation. However, it worked well and I was hired.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rainbow USA.

Interview

Group interview, about fifteen minutes long. They ask about your previous experience, what you liked most and least about your last job. They ask you if you have ever dealt with a shoplifter and what you would do if you saw someone stealing. They want to know about any customer service experience you've had and may ask how you dealt with a particular situation such as an angry or unsatisfied customer.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work by yourself or do you like to have someone work with you, and supervise you closely and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rainbow USA (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

It was a quick process due to the store being under staffed. I applied online and was called into the store for a 1 on 1 interview with the district manager. This took maybe 20 minutes. I was then told I would have to have a phone interview with the regional, who called the next day. I was then told the manager with get back in contact with me to discuss the position and the store operations.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company? Why do you want to work here? What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rainbow USA in December 2014.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday and I got a call from the DM that following Monday to come in for a interview that Tuesday. We chatted up she asked the typical questions like Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to leave your current job? What do you like about working in retail? How would you handle this customer, how would you handle this employee, how would you internal theft?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? I would say is the most difficult because your not really sure if what you are saying is what they want to hear.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't none. You take it or leave it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rainbow USA.

Interview

I was called by the district manager to come into a nearby store to fill out a application. Once I finished I was told by the manager they will need to run my background and I shall receive a call to be interviewed. A week passed and I still have not heard anything so I called and found out the person that was suppose to interview me was on vacation. I gave up, then so happened to get a call to come in for a interview. I met with the district manager. During the interview she looked through my application and told me that I didn't have a lot of experience working in a apparel setting. That was correct but I do have years of management experience. She then asked me what position was I applying for which was odd to me because she pulled my application and called me in for this interview. I was asked how old I was which is a illegal question. She told me shevwill have to go over my qualifications with her boss becsuse usually her boss will not even consider me for the assistant manager position. Once again it was odd because if you felt that way why did you pull my application, waste my time and have me go out of my way for this interview. She lied to me and said I will be scheduled to interview with her boss and I never got a call back.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rainbow USA.

Interview

I was called 2 days prior to my interview to come in. On the day of my interview I arrived 10 minutes early to find out that the person who was supposed to interview me was on her lunch break for the next 30 mins. When I finally was interviewed it lasted all of 5 minutes, most likely because my interviewer had only been with the company for 3 weeks and barely knew about the company herself. the interview took place in between two racks of clothing on the store floor. I wasn't asked a single question just shown the ropes of the job to which the interviewer said, " seems simple enough right? The store manager will call you tomorrow for your hours and availability"