Rakuten

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Graduate Recruitment Interview

New Graduate Recruitment
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rakuten in October 2012.

Interview Details – Resume>MyPage>Interview(Skype)>WebTest>InterviewX2(Boston) >Offer

I applied online through CFN (Career Forum Net) website and submitted a resume. They asked me to create a "My Page" where they have all sorts of e-forms for you to fill out. The questions on there are straight forward but you have to be diligent on the time.
There are a few notifications about events they hold, so it might be worth checking those out- I went to their One-Day-Internship-Event and held an orientation on some of the jobs they do and had us work on a group project to be presented. Going to the event turned out to be a good experience and a plus when I mentioned it in my interviews.
I had a total of 3 interviews. The First was Skype- 15minutes Same questions on the resume they ask you to fill out.

-They had me do a Web Test: Math-Language-Symbol/Code -personality tests.

#2 I scheduled at the Boston Career Forum(BCF), which was basically the same as the first interview- I think they ask more in detail and check to see if you really want to work there. #3 at BCF again but I got the offer on the spot and they asked me to come back in an hour.

BCF is an intense atmosphere if you are seriously doing job hunting there. For Rakuten, it is important to show that you have made up your mind. I wouldn't suggest implying that you are still unsure.

Interview Question – What separates you from other students/applicants?   View Answer

Worked for Rakuten? Contribute to the Community!