Raley's

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rohnert Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raley's.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a friend and then went through an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – There were general questions, some situational and some regarding my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Galt, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Raley's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I put in an application online. I took an assessment test along with the application. I was called in for a interview. I interviewed with the store supervisor and he asked me simple questions like, "whats good customer service to you and my availability.....". He liked me and sent me off to take a drug test. A hair test not urine sample. I passed, came in for training. Good hours given and pays more than minimum wage.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "what is integrity to you?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They offered me $8.20 which was in 2007 and i was 17 and a year later I got a dollar raise.

Placerville, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Raley's in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submit application online and then you MUST go in to speak to the store director. (weekdays from early morning to mid-afternoon usually).

Interview Question – none, basic usual/standard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Job offers are already standard pay/hours options (no negotiation is really possible until higher levels within the store/company).

Tracy, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Raley's in August 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call about employment, asked when a good time will be, set up a date.
Went in dressed business casual, and met with H.R. and manager.
Asked simple questions, schooling, going to college, what does the position take care of.
Was told if I got the job they would call, they never called.

Interview Question – What are the responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Courtesy Clerk

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raley's.

Interview Details – I applied online, they called for a 1:1 interview - interview was fast and very simple. Make sure you smile a lot. Happy happy happy...

Make sure you apply online and if you don't receive a call, call the store and ask when they have Meet and Greets. Be persistent

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Raley's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raley's Courtesy Clerk interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raley's employees and interview candidates.