Raley's Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.2

Corporate Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was a group interview with about 10 candidates and 3 Raley's staff. Each candidate did a 5-10 minute presentation. Total time, about 90 minutes. We were asked to bring an item to present so that our presentation skills could be observed and evaluated. We were also asked to be prepared to answer the questions 1. why do you want to work for Raley's and 2. why should you be chosen for this position.

Interview Questions

• What is Raley's not doing that they should be doing?   Answer Question

Carry Out Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raley's (Auburn, CA).

Interview

1:1 very easy. Just smile a lot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Placerville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raley's (Placerville, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Submit application online and then you MUST go in to speak to the store director. (weekdays from early morning to mid-afternoon usually).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Job offers are already standard pay/hours options (no negotiation is really possible until higher levels within the store/company).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmichael, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Raley's (Carmichael, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

They were very casual about the interview. They did not contact me when I put in my application, I had to come in the store and ask in person. During the interview they asked me about my schedule, what I liked and didn't like about the store, and they also asked me to sell them a random item. I was very awkward on my sales pitch but they hired me anyway. Make sure to smile a whole bunch, they really like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I went in to open interviews. I waited 2 hours in a line of 50 people to get spoken to about a stupid personality test that we had to take. The manager was really obnoxiously fake. I was told they liked me and wanted to see me for a second interview. I had to call in and go in for 3 months until I got hired.

Interview Questions

• If a customer was upset because something was more expensive here than Safeway, how would you keep their business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I went to the interview with the manager that is the manager of the building and I was given the job that day. i had to wait five days to complete my background check. I got the job and was efficient from the start.

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raley's (Elk Grove, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I walked in my resume, in addition to applying online. I recieved a call to come in for an interview. I was offered the position that day.

Negotiation

There was none. I was scheduled for a drug screening the next day. (hair) and started one week after training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galt, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raley's (Galt, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I put in an application online. I took an assessment test along with the application. I was called in for a interview. I interviewed with the store supervisor and he asked me simple questions like, "whats good customer service to you and my availability.....". He liked me and sent me off to take a drug test. A hair test not urine sample. I passed, came in for training. Good hours given and pays more than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was "what is integrity to you?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. They offered me $8.20 which was in 2007 and i was 17 and a year later I got a dollar raise.

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raley's (Sacramento, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Union contract