Rambus Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2014
Updated Jun 18, 2014

3.2

Summer Interview

Phone interview. Very happy chat and casual questions. We did the interview over the WebEx, and the manager, the mentor and another senior engineer interviewed me. It was a long conversation but quite pleasant and casual. The hiring process was very professional and systematic. The HR was quite familiar with the system and informative.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rambus.

I was mostly contacted by a third party up until my interview. My manager was very nice and made the interview very comfortable. I was nervous at first but they just wanted to see if I was able to fit in well with the group that I was working with.

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rambus in May 2014.

Applied online on their website in mid-March and got a call for a phone-interview in mid- May. The people who interviewed are very good and asked most of the questions from my resume, regarding my VLSI projects, Thesis work and future plans and expectations for this position.

Interview Questions
    • There was no much difficulty answering their questions as they asked about what I did.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rambus in June 2012.

Asked resume related questions.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rambus in May 2012.

There was only a phone screen interview. I was interviewed by 2 people. They asked about my resume and what projects I had completed.

IT Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Rambus in January 2012.

I place the blame on the recruiter for not getting an offer. I was told the job would be direct hire and later found that the recruitment company couldn't do direct placement that I had to be a contractor. They were never clear from the beging what the role was going to be but somehow they are Rambus prefered vendor...? The office was very nice, the atmosphere and employees were all plesant and nice. Lots of great benefits, free food and drinks. After the interview I met up with my recruiter to discuss and from that moment on I never heard back, no emails no phone calls and they never returned any of my calls or emails. Eventually I ended up emailed the hiring manager to find out what happened.

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rambus in June 2011.

Everything was nice. Very good people. Helpful and cooperative at every step!
    Great company to work at. Good scope to progress individually. Work culture is nice and chilled out.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rambus in January 2011.

Seemed to have preconceptions/prejudgements that were difficult to overcome. Sense of arrogance in interviewer made it a bit uncomfortable. Recruiter thought I had a perfect match, and sounded like it from the position description, but perhaps they look for a more aggressive, confrontational personality.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you failed to complete a major task   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rambus in February 2010.

Initial phone screen by recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interviews took half a day with manager and members of team. Most of it was technical, and discussing past experiences. All team members were frank about answering questions.

I believe anyone who has worked in chip development would feel at ease handling the interview process. Nothing complicated.

Interview Questions
    • How would you do verification for a project?   View Answer
    Can definitely go for higher numbers in your range. Stock compensation is not worth a lot. So make it up with cash compensation.

SMTS II - Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rambus in February 2010.

Phone screen, coding test, 2 days of 2 on one interviews. Spanned many topics and was very detailed. The process was very thorogh and results in very high quality employees. All a pleasure to work with.

Interview Questions
    • Decline to answer. The questions are still used to evaluate candidates and its not fair to distribute them on job websites.   Answer Question