Randalls Department Manager Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Randalls in January 2011.

I was contacted by an in- store recruiter who had seen my resume on line. Over the phone, there was a brief explanation of the job followed by a few confirming questions. An interview was scheduled for a week later which consisted of the recruiter/ HR person and the regional department merchandiser. It was fairly standard questions- why did you leave your job, etc. and there was a focus on customer service issues.

Interview Questions
  • In your previous role, you appear to have had little interaction with customers. At Randalls we pride ourselves on our customer service. How do you feel you will do in a retail setting?   View Answer
They made me an offer the day after the interview. I asked for more money and we met in the middle. At the appointment to fill out new hire paperwork, I was given an oral drug test ( surprise, surprise) and made to sit in an office for 10 minutes with a huge Q-tip in my mouth. Humiliating and uncomfortable, to say the least.