Randalls

Relevance Date Difficulty

Deli Clerk Interview

Deli Clerk
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Randalls in August 2010.

Interview Details – There was a single interview. The questions where pretty general. Eg: what experience did I have in retail. Would I be able to do x,y,z? The manager interviewing me seemed to be nice. They as well asked about basic skills in the sense of can you do math, read and write etc.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience in a deli? At the time I was interviewing for a cashier job and had not thought about interviewing for a deli position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really the salaries according to the manager are set by the parent company (Safeway).

Bakery Manager Interview

Bakery Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Randalls.

Interview Details – Contacted by a company recruiter for a phone interview . A second interview was set up,in the store with the,recruiter and the regional bakery coordinator. I was offered the job and and a drug test was required prior to,the final offer.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered one wage and when I asked for something higher, they asked if I would decline the offer if,they did not meet my expectation.in retrospect, I would say I would not accept the offer unless they met my wage expectation.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Randalls in September 2010.

Interview Details – Didnt really have an interview I just apply online and got hire on spot.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Checker/Cashier Interview

Checker/Cashier
Bellaire, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Randalls in March 2011.

Interview Details – I went to the customer service booth , was told to put an applciation online and come back the next day cause they would be doing the hiring in person. ask for a certain manager. It was a
rushed interview. it only took 20 mintues in the manager's office. ask me Did I have cashering experience?, did I know basic math? ask me why did I leave my other employer? Do I reliable transportion? Can i work a flexible schedule?

Interview Question – where do you see your self in the next five years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no real negotiation unless you have 10 years or so in Grocery retail, anything less than in the cashiering area gets basic mininum wage

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Randalls in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an in- store recruiter who had seen my resume on line. Over the phone, there was a brief explanation of the job followed by a few confirming questions. An interview was scheduled for a week later which consisted of the recruiter/ HR person and the regional department merchandiser. It was fairly standard questions- why did you leave your job, etc. and there was a focus on customer service issues.

Interview Question – In your previous role, you appear to have had little interaction with customers. At Randalls we pride ourselves on our customer service. How do you feel you will do in a retail setting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made me an offer the day after the interview. I asked for more money and we met in the middle. At the appointment to fill out new hire paperwork, I was given an oral drug test ( surprise, surprise) and made to sit in an office for 10 minutes with a huge Q-tip in my mouth. Humiliating and uncomfortable, to say the least.

Baker Interview

Baker
Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Randalls in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied on line and sent resume. They sent a note and requested I call and set up interview time. I had 1-1 interview with Store manager and head baker. The people were professional and friendly. They asked about teamwork, taking directions and committment to a 4:00 am start time. I surprised them asking them questions about how they handled situations on teams when they arose, what they would do differently given the opportunity and how open they were to suggestions for improvement. I think those questions put them off of me as a selection. They wanted someone just to be a baker but not much else.

Interview Question – Best Accomplishment   View Answer

Worked for Randalls? Contribute to the Community!