Randstad Finance And Accounting

Very Easy Interview

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Mortgage Specialist
Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting in February 2011.

Interview Details – The "interview process" was smooth. My agent was very pleasant to work with and corresponded to my emails and phone calls in a timely manner.

Interview Question – Actually, I didn't have an interview. I was qualified for the job I was applying for based on my work experience given on my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Fixed hourly wage.

Recruter Interview

Recruter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process began with an approximately 30 minute phone interview. The interviewer was in a remote location elsewhere in the country. She determined that she thought that I would be a good candidate, and put me in contact with the local hiring manager. She scheduled me for a second phone interview. My second phone interview also lasted about 30-45 minutes, and was with the hiring manager at the local office. She determined my background was sufficient, and that I was able to carry myself well on the phone, and invited me to come in to the office for an on-site interview. Despite my perception of the interviewer over the phone to be somewhat brash, I agreed to come for the interview and get a better feel for her and the office environment. When I got there, they had some forms for me to fill out. Despite already having my resume and despite asking me to bring a copy, they had me fill out all of the information from my resume on the form. The woman who performed the interview was just plain awful. She was completely tactless, presumptuous, and curt. Just one example, after I completed my forms, she said to me "You look really nervous. Are you nervous?" Seriously? Of course, most people experience some nervousness during interviews, but I hadn't been feeling very nervous up to that point. But of course her pointing out that she thinks I look nervous, did nothing but make me nervous! As part of the interview process, she introduced me to a member of her team that came in and interviewed me for about 10 minutes without her in the room. It was amazing how polar opposite the two were. He was extremely professional, courteous, and friendly. I found myself feeling bad for him that he had to work for her. Ultimately I left that office with such a bitter taste in my mouth solely because of that woman. She did call me back and recommend that I come in for another interview with other people in the office, but I politely declined to continue the interview process. I could not imagine working for someone like her.

Interview Question – There are no wrong answers for this, we're just trying to get a sense of who you are. If you only had time to clean one, which would you clean: your car, your desk, or your room? Why?   View Answer

Interim Manager Interview

Interim Manager
Washington, DC

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting.

Interview Details – One phone interview for a perm placement and three interviews when I got to the office. Never heard from perm placement side again, but was contacted by consulting side and started working for them.

Interview Question – What other recruiters are you working with and what are their names?   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting.

Interview Details – Phone interview was pleasant with the national recruiting manager. Lasted 25 min. Was asked to travel to Boston for a second interview where I sat in front of a panel alongside 2 other candidates. Non of the interviewers saw our resume's before or during the interview. It was a pleasant environment. We were told that we would hear back from them with decisions within one week to give us time to provide our employers 2 weeks notice upon any offers. I sent personal letters to the entire panel. One week went by and no word. Two weeks went by and still no word. I contacted the Hiring manager, waited another week, still no response.
I believe the follow up part to the process needs some work to be on par with companies that show professional courtesy. People prioritize their schedule to travel significant distances to interview. Recruiters should know first the value of coming through on their promises.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Reno, NV

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by them regarding a staff accountant position after they saw me resume on a job board. I went in expecting to discuss the position, but instead it was a full blown interview for screening purposes. I spent abount 45 minutes going over my resume in detail, and all of the jobs and skills I had listed.

Interview Question – Give me a specific example of how you used your analytical skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was asked to interview again with the actual hiring company, but had already found other employment.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting in December 2012.

Interview Details – Very vague. The branch was struggling. Was told one thing in the interview and on my fourth day they told me something else.

Interview Question – They just needed somebody in the door.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting.

Interview Details – Focus on ability to sell, develop long term business relationships, active listening skills. Job requires someone who can listen well (interview), relationship sell (vs. product sales), and counsel clients and candidates through a hiring process.

Negotiation Details – Come with proof of current compensation package and they will make a competitive offer.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Randstad Finance And Accounting in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a pretty pleasant interview. I had a 1:1 interview with several member of the team and all were very nice and wanted to really answer the questions I had so make sure you are prepared for questions to ask. It was a position they were going to train you in and wanted to let you know the type of position you were getting into. The pay seemed good but long hours so probably for the best I didn't get an offer. They were really interested in getting to know you and if you would be a good fit for their team and as a coworker.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Worked for Randstad Finance And Accounting? Contribute to the Community!