Rapid Response Monitoring

Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rapid Response Monitoring in July 2014.

Interview Details – After applying online at their website, I was called to set up an introductory phone interview. The phone interview was short (about 10 minutes) and was more about gathering information than actually assessing my merits. I was then called back to do an interview in person. When I arrived, I was asked to fill out a personality evaluation which involved selecting from a list of words what people think of me, and from another list, what I think of myself. The hiring manager then had some sort of feedback from this test thoughI was unable to see it. After the personality test, I then interviewed with the hiring manager for a little over an hour. The interview was conducted very personably by the hiring manager who made the interview more of a conversation. Some questions were asked in a way that forced me to choose a side as opposed to just agreeing with the hiring manager, others pertained to my work demeanor and attitude.

Interview Question – I was asked if I think the most effective way to learn something is from instruction or from learning on the job.   Answer Question

Control Center Specialist Interview

Control Center Specialist
Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rapid Response Monitoring in January 2012.

Interview Details – At the time that I was applying for the position, my brother was already working for the company as a Control Center Specialist before he transitioned over to the Data Entry Department shortly after they hired me, thus my brother was giving me the inside scoop about what to expect. The first step was to apply online on the Rapid Response Monitoring website, which was actually somewhat hard to do since they were using some older looking online application software. So, at first I wasn't sure that my application was saved and sent, so I did it all over again just in case. About a week later I heard from the HR Department with whom I had about a 10 minute phone conversation about going down for an interview. The interview was first with the corporate recruiter, where she asked me a series of questions about my previous experiences and asked me what I knew about the company (which was alot because of my brother's insider scoop). After the initial interview, they called me back about another week later to have me sit in on the Operations floor with a Control Center Specialist so I could see what was going on. That was about 30 minutes of watching real time alarm processing before they took me to have an additional interview with the Operations Manager, who directly told me in the interview that promotion in the company was going to be based on merit, ability, and punctuality, and that everyone starts on the same foot when they enter training--all of which was exactly correct from my following two years of experience and two years ascending up the Rapid Response career ladder in the Operations Department. The final stage after receiving an offer over the phone and accepting was to get the company sponsored drug screening.

Interview Question – "What do you know about Underwriters Laboratory and how it relates to the Security Industry?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy and over the phone. It really was like a 5 minute conversation and to be honest, they starting pay was already a decent amount more than what I was making at my current job at that time, so I was glad to accept the standard base [hourly] pay.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Leadership Development Program
Syracuse, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rapid Response Monitoring in November 2011.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manager after being introduced during a college function. Talked on the phone and via mail before scheduling an interview. Went to the 1:1 interview, was asked about availability for various positions with the organization. Hiring manager declared response would be disclosed during December and haven't heard from them yet. Quite the opposite that one would expect from an organization with the word "Rapid" in their name, and hope that their monitoring services are not as slow as their HR people.

Interview Questions

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rapid Response Monitoring in October 2009.

Interview Details – Basic CSR questions; basic format; nothing special

Interview Question – What reasearch did you do before the interview?   Answer Question

Worked for Rapid Response Monitoring? Contribute to the Community!