Rapid7 Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2014

2.9

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Rapid7 in January 2013.

First step was a phone screen by someone in HR. I went onsite for 2 hours and met with three people. I thought it went really well - seemed like a great group of people, but they never returned any of my calls or email to give me feedback.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rapid7.

It was not bad. I had a phone interview and then came in for two face to face and also a test. I think the whole process was not bad. The place was OK and the people were even better

Interview Questions
    • nothing at all. I could handle all the question. The manager at the time was wired but i could handle him, the backline engineer had just moved to LA   View Answer
    they gave me a good offer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Rapid7 in June 2012.

The interview process is very conversational and you will meet with many different people over the course of a day or multiple days. You will be asked to talk about your experience, your background, and what makes you someone who would add value at Rapid7. You will meet with other reps, managers, and VP's and they will all discuss convene to discuss what they thought post interview. If there is hesitation, you may be brought back in or shadow some of the reps to see if its really for you.

Interview Questions
    • They will want to know that you can work hard and will fit in with the culture.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Rapid7 in August 2013.

Long and exhausting. Dragged out over a very long period of time.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation necessary, they met my requirements

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Rapid7.

Hunted through their recruitement department. Initially I wasn't interested. They continued to contact me and in the end I had a meeting with them. Company looked awesome on a great location (Pru in Boston). I had 8 interviewing rounds including 3 C-level executives. After that they made me a proposal which I countered with a request which they accepted

Interview Questions
    • They ask for specific examples what you influence has been in situations
      They do a PI index test
      They ask you specific names from potential employees that you will bring with you to the company
        Answer Question
    Go back with their offer if you apply for a sales job

Marketing Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rapid7 in March 2013.

One phone interview with the prospective direct manager, followed by one in-person interview with prospective direct manager

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Rapid7 in November 2013.

First phone interview, with recruiter, purely non technical. On site interview, within 2 weeks, consisted of 4 half hour interviews. 2 technical and 2 behavioral. Technical Interview questions were vague, and it was hard to decipher what the question really asked.

Interview Questions
    • Java questions, basic. Second guy just drilled into my resume skills, and basically discussed my projects, and what the hard parts were.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rapid7 in July 2013.

I had a phone interview for this position on a Friday and was asked my availability to come for an in-person interview for the following Monday or Tuesday. I said it had to be in the afternoon because I had another job still. On Monday, I get an email with my scheduled interview at 8:45 am the next day. Annoyed by the total disregard of my availability (why bother asking), I rearranged my schedule to attend. I got to the office building at 8:30 to find my name was not registered at the security desk. I called my point of contact twice with no answer. I used the phone at security to call the main office line. No answer. I emailed my point of contact asking what I should do. With no answer, at 9:00am I left. I was in complete shock as my first time slot was supposed to be with the exact woman who was blowing me off. At 9:05 I sent another email to let them know I was no longer interested and that they had completely wasted my time. Fifteen minutes later, I get an email -an EMAIL, not a phone call - apologizing for the miscommunication. Apparently, she was "tied up" in a meeting during my interview slot and didn't realize she had screwed up with security. I responded to her half-hearted email saying I would like to time to think about whether I wanted to interview at a different date. She never even responded to that email. I have not heard from anyone at this company since. This is by far the most unprofessional firm I have ever dealt with and if this is any indication of how they treat their employees, it is definitely not a place I would ever want to work.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions in the phone interview - I never had an in person interview after the first disaster.   Answer Question

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Rapid7 in January 2013.

I got a call from Rapid 7's senior recruiter. We discussed the position and how could I help the company. I've asked my current role and previous experiences in Linux environment.

I passed the first round as he mentioned then he said someone will contact me to schedule on site interview which I haven't got anything in 3 weeks. So I had to follow with him twice in next 6 weeks. He told there has been some delays due to the snow storm in Boston, he added company still interested in me and he would notify his colleague again according to schedule that on site meeting. However I've got nothing after that 6 weeks then I stopped follow up.

I could understand all the companies have got a lot of work load, but doesn't make sense not to schedule an onsite interview in 9 weeks, or at least they don't honestly say company does not interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • What is difference between Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtualization tool and VMWare   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rapid7.

Initially, there was a lot of phone tag between the manager and myself. He said the end of the month was very hectic and busy and that was why. I then had a brief interview with the recruiter for the company and she got back to me very quickly to schedule an interview. My first interview consisted of seperate interviews with three managers. The first interview was a lot of small talk and him telling me more about the company. The other two interviewers asked me the typical interview questions. We went over my resume, my strengths weaknesses, and why I was interested in a job with rapid7.

I received an email two days after my first interview to set up a second. In my second interview I shadowed a sales rep that does what I would potentially be doing if hired. The atmosphere is very casual (not to mention I was there on a Friday and the end of the month). The sales force was really young and lively. I then talked to another manager and I though things went well. After the second interview (which I believe was the final round) i sent thank you notes and followup emails and didn't receive a response. I then sent an email to a different person hoping to get a response. I got an email back saying they would let me know a decision by the end of the week. I never received a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Having never done cold calling before and not knowing details about their product, the role play of a phone call was difficult   Answer Question

Worked for Rapid7? Contribute to the Community!