Rasmussen College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2014

2.8

Student Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rasmussen College in May 2014.

This review is mostly geared toward the experience I had while interviewing for the role of Student Finance Officer. I applied for the job on 4/15/2014 and had the initial face to face interview set up for two weeks later. After this initial interview, it took three more weeks for the HR rep (who is located in Minnesota) to set up the next round of interviews. Also, she apparently had a hard time understanding the difference between CST and EST. My current job does not offer me a lot of flexibility, so when I told her the days and times I was available for the phone interview, I expected her to be mostly accommodating. She failed to convert CST to EST (even though I made sure to specify my local time zone in my email) and therefore caused me to have to do the phone interview an hour earlier than what I had told her! I did not complete the second round of interviews until a month AFTER the initial interview.

All throughout the process, I was constantly chasing down the HR rep for a status update. She was absolutely horrible about staying in touch. It did not matter what method of communication I chose, she would often go a week or two without responding to me unless I called her office repeatedly. While I understand the stresses of the HR environment and the workload that many people are under, this is extremely unprofessional and uncalled for. Responding to an email takes literally, one minute. She was extremely unprofessional, unorganized, and even confused me with a different candidate at one point!

Now it has been eight weeks after applying for the position and I am only just now receiving the generic 'Thanks, but no thanks' email. This experience left a dreadful taste in my mouth. You should never treat prospective employees this way. I don't care what state the economy is in, there is no excuse for utter incompetence and lack of follow through. If this is the type of culture this company perpetuates, I want no part in it.

It's a shame that the HR rep was so unprofessional. This experience has motivated me to never apply for a job with this company again.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Average round of questioning: give an example of a time where you had to handle a very difficult customer, describe a time when you experienced an extremely stressful situation and how you dealt with it, what three words would best describe you?   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College in December 2013.

There was a phone interview, they said it would last 30 minutes but only ended up being 10. They only asked about my job history (which was already written on my resume) and no personal questions. They said they'd call me back, but it's been a month so I guess I didn't get it. Very poor interviewing skills.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Rasmussen College in September 2013.

Spoke with the hiring manager, and then had a phone interview again with another personnel. Questions were pretty much basic in comparison with other interviews I had thus far. I do need to say that the interview process, itself, was kind of long because you have to talk with so many different people.

Interview Questions
    • Basic ... traditional questions. Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, how would you handle "this" situation? I think as long as you do your research on the company, in this case this college, and know exactly what your job duties are I thought the interview was pretty traditional.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I had a total of 4 interviews (1 phone, 3 in person) and was asked to take a personality assessment. Each interview was with two new people (was under the impression it would only be with one each time). The third interview I shadowed another account manager for about 45 min.

Interview Questions
    • Walk us through your resume, how do you stay motivated, why Rasmussen, what do you like about the position, what did your last supervisor say in your last review, why did you leave your previous position, what can you bring to the table, how will you make sure you're successful in this position, etc.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College in April 2013.

I found the posting on career builder and submitted an application online. About three weeks later I initially spoke with corporate recruiter for a 20 minute phone interview. Was called in to meet with the VP, a member of HR, and an attorney for 3 30 minute interviews. The process was organized and all the people were nice. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question. One of the three in-person interviews was only focused on my background and college experience, while the other two seemed to be more traditional.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rasmussen College.

Long but fair

Admissions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College in December 2012.

I submitted a resume online, received a phone call 3 weeks later. I had a 30 min phone call with the recruiter. 3 weeks later, I had a telephone interview with the Director, who would be my immediate supervisor. We talked for about 20 mins, it was conversational. She indicated that she wanted me to come to the campus for an onsite interview, job-shadow someone in the position, and meet the campus director. That happened quickly - in about 5 days. I went to the location, spent 4 hours there. 2 days later, I received a rejection email. I was a little disappointed - I felt like the time I spent there warranted more than just a "thanks but no thanks" generic email. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have specific experience meeting sales goals/quotas? How did you meet those goals? What is your ideal co-worker like? Why do you want to work here? How would your current supervisor describe you in 3 words?   Answer Question

Dean of Academics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rasmussen College in May 2012.

7 rounds of interview starting with corporate recruiter and moving on to various executive from vice presidents of academics affairs to regional vice presidents

Interview Questions
    • Why would you leave your previous career to join academics   Answer Question
    None, take it or leave offer

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College in February 2012.

1. Got contacted by the hiring manager via social networking site
    2. Phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked to come for onsite.
    4. Onsite interview with multiple people. Asked about similar prior experience (work wise). A couple of phone interviews while onsite.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strength and weakness ? Where do you see yourself five years from now ?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. Very low salary and a title that had no link with the work I did. Had to take the offer for the situation I was in.

Student Records Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rasmussen College in May 2011.

Phone interview was about 5 minutes. Interview with the director was interesting and fun. Then interviewed with supervisor of my soon to be department and manager. They made me the offer and I took it.

They offered me nearly double what I was making, and I accepted.