Rasmussen College Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Rasmussen College.

Interview

Interviewer was unprofessional and rude. Started interview late and asked unrelated and unusual behavior questions. She was forceful and demanding when it came down to salary requirements. It was like she would end the interview unless I stated my salary requirements.

Online Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rasmussen College.

Interview

I had one phone interview that took approximately 45 minutes. It was conducted by another faculty member. It was very conversational in nature and low stress. The interviewer asked me about my work experience in the field I was applying for. She explained how online courses work and the hiring process. She was flexible with scheduling my interview, as I was traveling during the time she wanted to schedule.

Adjunct Online Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Overall, low stress interview through email and telephone. Once I made it past the recruiter, I was given an interview with a Dean who had no clue what about the curriculum of the class that I was assigned to teach. I declined offer when I discovered the work expected for the very low compensation, plus unpaid training. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Professional experience, educational background, Student interaction scenarios   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rasmussen College.

Interview

Very organized interview process. Phone calls by HR and college dean. This part of employment seemed very thorough, but now I know that's because they have such a high turn over.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were as expected for position. Did ask how I would handle a difficult student.   Answer Question

Student Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rasmussen College (Tampa, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

This review is mostly geared toward the experience I had while interviewing for the role of Student Finance Officer. I applied for the job on 4/15/2014 and had the initial face to face interview set up for two weeks later. After this initial interview, it took three more weeks for the HR rep (who is located in Minnesota) to set up the next round of interviews. Also, she apparently had a hard time understanding the difference between CST and EST. My current job does not offer me a lot of flexibility, so when I told her the days and times I was available for the phone interview, I expected her to be mostly accommodating. She failed to convert CST to EST (even though I made sure to specify my local time zone in my email) and therefore caused me to have to do the phone interview an hour earlier than what I had told her! I did not complete the second round of interviews until a month AFTER the initial interview.

All throughout the process, I was constantly chasing down the HR rep for a status update. She was absolutely horrible about staying in touch. It did not matter what method of communication I chose, she would often go a week or two without responding to me unless I called her office repeatedly. While I understand the stresses of the HR environment and the workload that many people are under, this is extremely unprofessional and uncalled for. Responding to an email takes literally, one minute. She was extremely unprofessional, unorganized, and even confused me with a different candidate at one point!

Now it has been eight weeks after applying for the position and I am only just now receiving the generic 'Thanks, but no thanks' email. This experience left a dreadful taste in my mouth. You should never treat prospective employees this way. I don't care what state the economy is in, there is no excuse for utter incompetence and lack of follow through. If this is the type of culture this company perpetuates, I want no part in it.

It's a shame that the HR rep was so unprofessional. This experience has motivated me to never apply for a job with this company again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Average round of questioning: give an example of a time where you had to handle a very difficult customer, describe a time when you experienced an extremely stressful situation and how you dealt with it, what three words would best describe you?   Answer Question

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College in December 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview, they said it would last 30 minutes but only ended up being 10. They only asked about my job history (which was already written on my resume) and no personal questions. They said they'd call me back, but it's been a month so I guess I didn't get it. Very poor interviewing skills.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rasmussen College (Tampa, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Spoke with the hiring manager, and then had a phone interview again with another personnel. Questions were pretty much basic in comparison with other interviews I had thus far. I do need to say that the interview process, itself, was kind of long because you have to talk with so many different people.

Interview Questions

• Basic ... traditional questions. Tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, how would you handle "this" situation? I think as long as you do your research on the company, in this case this college, and know exactly what your job duties are I thought the interview was pretty traditional.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews (1 phone, 3 in person) and was asked to take a personality assessment. Each interview was with two new people (was under the impression it would only be with one each time). The third interview I shadowed another account manager for about 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume, how do you stay motivated, why Rasmussen, what do you like about the position, what did your last supervisor say in your last review, why did you leave your previous position, what can you bring to the table, how will you make sure you're successful in this position, etc.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rasmussen College (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I found the posting on career builder and submitted an application online. About three weeks later I initially spoke with corporate recruiter for a 20 minute phone interview. Was called in to meet with the VP, a member of HR, and an attorney for 3 30 minute interviews. The process was organized and all the people were nice. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. One of the three in-person interviews was only focused on my background and college experience, while the other two seemed to be more traditional.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rasmussen College.

Interview

Long but fair