Interview Question

Operations Analyst Interview Richmond, VA

Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are.

Answer

Interview Answer

15 Answers

just know the company's culture and if they like uniqueness or not

Interview Candidate on Apr 5, 2010

well, do they like uniqueness or not?

pg on Aug 3, 2010

fake

Anonymous on Oct 26, 2010

about a 5.6719151431

nb on Jan 4, 2011

"Extremely weird" since my scale shows 156 lbs.

Debarshi on Jan 11, 2011

I am within two standard deviations from the norm...

Tim A on Jan 11, 2011

I am a 10. I am a software engineer. We are all very weird.

Randy on Jan 11, 2011

please read this as, "hmmm, how will you answer this question?"

pt on Jan 11, 2011

My perception of weird and your perception are going to be different, so will the interviewer's. Always consider the audience that you are speaking to and make sure to add some, not a lot, of levity!

cm on Jan 11, 2011

One number lower than whoever came up with this question

Maximus on Jan 11, 2011

Maximus- love that answer- halarious.

Pam on Jan 11, 2011

This is most likely fake, if it was asked it probably was just to amuse the interviewer, not so much of a deciding factor.

Ray on Jan 12, 2011

This is to assess the candidate's perception, witt, and confidence, as well as ability to present a rational response to an "irrational" question.
My anwer would be: Weirdness is a subjective topic, based on a scale of (1-10) one would first have to determine what the reference point is. I live life through my own eyes and judge people and events through my own moral compass. Therefore i would be a "1" and measure everything else with me as the reference point.
There is no wrong or right answer, this is about confidence in presenting your argument.
I would have a different answer of course if the question was about things other than weirdness, such as talent, uniqueness, difference, etc..

ACE on Jan 16, 2011

my answer would be "1" because normalcy is relative.

Akshat on Jan 17, 2011