Rave Motion Pictures Interview Questions

2.3

Usher, Concessionist, Box Office Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I went to one interview then I started working a few days after. I loved working there the pay was great I notice that my pay went from 7.35 to 8.00 within the next 4 months.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Port Saint Lucie, FL).

Interview

Had already worked at my location for two years, was promoted from within. Interview was pretty typical, asked a lot of questions about how I would handle the new role with coworkers. Took about a month in total before I officially started after I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult encounter you had with a customer and how do you think you could have handled it differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't concerned about salary, no negotiation just accepted offer.

Floorstaff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Dayton, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied one day got called the next did interview that night and the interview process was very simple. I got the job offer that night and I was working with in a week after that point.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Called me about a month after applying, I went in for an initial interview and wasn't called back for about 3 weeks. Questions were pretty basic with a couple of situational questions along with interesting questions like "What three words would your best friend use to describe you?" Very laid back interview. I was then called saying I had received the job and went in to do paperwork.

Interview Questions

• If you owned the building, there was a very long ling and saw a customer who had been waiting a very long time coming up to get a refill on a medium popcorn when we only allow refills on large popcorn what would you do?   1 Answer

Concession, Box Office, & Usher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Davenport, IA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was slandered nothing to worry about just keep a smile & great poster and do not pause in between questions and you will be golden.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daphne, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Daphne, AL) in March 2011.

Interview

I had to apply online as they no longer do paper application. The application is a little lengthy, but as someone who worked as HR manager for Rave, we don't even bother looking at those questions so it's not too important. I was called on the phone to come in for an interview. I came in about 5 minutes before I was supposed to and waited in the lobby. I was interviewed by an assistant manager in the box office area. She basically held a paper copy of my application and asked me to explain why I wrote the things I did. She looked mostly for my availability. The thing they look for the most is availability on weekends and holidays, especially Christmas, so say yes! Know your favorite movies and be ready to answer ways that you would promote an upcoming movie. You may be given a simple math test like I was. After about 10 minutes of talking I was offered the job and signed a background check release.

Interview Questions

• There were no really unexpected questions. Most of the questions were just general things about yourself and how you spend your time. The questions are just ways to get you to talk, smile, and show your personality. If you can't be enthusiastic talking about your most favorite things and what you love doing, then you most likely won't be enthusiastic selling $6 popcorn.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At Rave there is no negotiating. As staff, you will start off at minimum wage. As an assistant manager, you will start off at the lowest amount until you prove yourself for a raise.

Floorstaff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Birmingham, AL) in September 2010.

Interview

I sat down in a room with two of the assistant managers and just had a conversation. Very little of the conversation actually revolved around the job, but ultimately, I found I really liked them and they seemed to like me. At the end of the interview, they told me I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a small child vomited on the floor before you?   1 Answer

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

Simple forms and standard questions about job, availability, and overall performance. There is a phone interview process and a one on one interview. There were a lot of scenario based questions on what you would do and a lot of test questions to see what type of person you are and personality you are and if you fit with the company.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Dayton, OH) in June 2009.

Interview

1 interview, was my first job, was fairly easy.. just to weed out the people of lower intelligence i believe.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, minimum wage.

Lead Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rave Motion Pictures (Pensacola, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with a Regional Manager. He asked about work experience, availability and how one would handle numerous customer service situations. Then, a few days later, I was called for a one on one interview with the General Manager of the theatre in Destin. The GM stated that it was a requirement to be able to relocate. The salary was also discussed.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to relocate?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an upset customer when you know his/her complaint was no fault of your own?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate for as high of a starting salary as possible, because all pay raises will be based off of that in the future. Just because one is promoted from a Lead Manager to a General Manager does not mean that the increase in pay will be worth the added responsibility.