Raven Industries

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Sioux Falls, SD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Raven Industries in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied in November of 2013 and met with Raven employees at college career fair. Set up a phone interview a few weeks later with mostly technical and some administrative questions. Was at first told there was not a full time opening and mostly just kept an open line of contact. Was contacted a few weeks later to set up an onsite interview.

The interview consisted of four 45 minute interviews with multiple people each. In my opinion, a bit less structured than most interviews. Interviewers had note pad and a copy of my resume was all and half took notes while the other half did not. Interview was followed by lunch and a short conversation with the hiring manager.

For the most part it was a good experience. The hiring manager seemed like a great guy to be around, as well as his manager.

The most poor experience was with one of the interviewers from another group (same level as the hiring manager's manager). He started by asking a very vague question of telling me to run through my experiences and explain why I would be a good fit at Raven. Given that I have done many interviews, how he asked the question meant he wanted me to give a high level overview of the types of work I did and then summarize why I was a fit. Well as soon as I started rolling through it he kept stopping me to go into more detail in areas that you would typically go into more detail on in a later question. It was frustrating and rude in my mind because he told me to go through this quickly and then he begins to derail and never let me finish going through it.

The second instance was with the same person. Another person in the interview asked me what brand a part was on a project I worked on. It was off a generic website and for the most part an unbranded chinese part. I said I did not know, but explained that I knew how it functioned and such as it was not a circuit I was heading. He then made what I took as a smart alec remark saying oh well then you must not have been the co-leader, you were the assistant leader.

It seemed as though one person left a bad taste on the whole experience, even though he seemed to be a genuinely nice person.

Interview Question – Just kinda the unstructuredness of the interview made it difficult to feel comfortable at times.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Raven Industries

Interview Details – It was a phone interview, the guy was very cool.

Interview Question – Asked me if I ever used assembly language....   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Raven Industries

Interview Details – Basic technical interview, asked me questions about circuits and programming - seemed nice.

Interview Question – Make sure you brush up on C++   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Raven Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raven Industries interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raven Industries employees and interview candidates.