Raycom

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.9

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raycom in April 2014.

It was a really relaxed interview process. Interviewed with 2 managers and interviewed 2 times. They pretty much just talked to me about the job and it was super conversational. I was only asked about 4 question the whole time. The second interview you shadow people in the office.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Raycom in September 2012.

Very professional, they rolled out the red carpet.

Fair. Like everybody, would have liked more, but both parties got something good.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raycom in August 2012.

Almost all phone contact was with local sales manager. Several phone interviews with normal behavioral questions. Had three different in person interviews. First was with LSM, then was set up to ride with other AEs at main station and have a group lunch, other interview time was with the satellite office and their AEs plus a ride a long. Final interview was with Station Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Can you sell something that is a much higher price point than any of the competition in the market?   View Answer
    No negotiation...a generous base was offered until the training phase is over and it is decided you can switch to 100% (they give you a six month period).

IS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raycom in August 2011.

Applied via Internet posting, got a call the next morning, and interviewed in-person that afternoon! I came from a competitor and I was doing the exact same job so my qualifications were pretty easy to display and explain. They sold Raycom to me on the premise that its employees were appreciated, that they were a very news-focused corporation, and that the Corporate Officers did not hide financial and stability info from their employees. All of this has proven true in my years being with the company now and I am a very happy employee!

Interview Questions
    • I had to teach them what a router is, what a LAN vs. a WAN is, and teach them the difference between IP address, Subnet, and Gateways.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raycom in April 2011.

3 Interviews - one with LSM, next with GSM, next with Station GM.

Interview Questions
    • How does your degree relate to this position?   View Answer
    They asked where I needed to be on salary and I was given the salary (draw) I requested.

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raycom in June 2010.

I was hired as a temp and worked my way up, so I'm not familiar with the current hiring process. HR was fabulous, and I believe the same team is still in place.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was straight forward and very typical (strengths, weaknesses, what can you bring to the company, etc.).   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Raycom in June 2009.

Very long and arduous....which would be fine if that meant the hiring managers would then have some trust in the people they hire...but they don't.

Interview Questions
    • 45 minute on-line sales style survey. Questions are ambigous and could go either way.   Answer Question
    not much to negotiate since they do not tell you what accounts you will be handling.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raycom in July 2008.

It was fairly simple, but I was referred by someone they already trusted.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you can do better than the last person who had this job?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raycom.

The interview process was pretty standard. I met with the digital manager first to discuss the position before I ever filled out my application and then shortly got a call back after deciding apply. Then, I was interviewed on site by the local sales managers and the general sales manage before finally meeting and interviewing with the general manager of the station. Because its a sales job they asked me all the standard sales type interview questions. Overall it was what I expected.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what motivated me and, because I refused to say money, the LSMs never seemed happy with my answer. I'm sure not everyone would be so hard headed though so I doubt all interviewers are like that.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raycom in March 2008.

Telephone call and interview with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something that you messed up on and had to fix.   Answer Question