Raycom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Montgomery, AL

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Raycom in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very professional, they rolled out the red carpet.

Negotiation Details – Fair. Like everybody, would have liked more, but both parties got something good.

Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Raycom in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very long and arduous....which would be fine if that meant the hiring managers would then have some trust in the people they hire...but they don't.

Interview Question – 45 minute on-line sales style survey. Questions are ambigous and could go either way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to negotiate since they do not tell you what accounts you will be handling.

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raycom in August 2012.

Interview Details – Almost all phone contact was with local sales manager. Several phone interviews with normal behavioral questions. Had three different in person interviews. First was with LSM, then was set up to ride with other AEs at main station and have a group lunch, other interview time was with the satellite office and their AEs plus a ride a long. Final interview was with Station Manager.

Interview Question – Can you sell something that is a much higher price point than any of the competition in the market?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...a generous base was offered until the training phase is over and it is decided you can switch to 100% (they give you a six month period).

Jackson, MS

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raycom in April 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews - one with LSM, next with GSM, next with Station GM.

Interview Question – How does your degree relate to this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked where I needed to be on salary and I was given the salary (draw) I requested.

IS Manager Interview

IS Manager
Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Raycom in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied via Internet posting, got a call the next morning, and interviewed in-person that afternoon! I came from a competitor and I was doing the exact same job so my qualifications were pretty easy to display and explain. They sold Raycom to me on the premise that its employees were appreciated, that they were a very news-focused corporation, and that the Corporate Officers did not hide financial and stability info from their employees. All of this has proven true in my years being with the company now and I am a very happy employee!

Interview Question – I had to teach them what a router is, what a LAN vs. a WAN is, and teach them the difference between IP address, Subnet, and Gateways.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Cleveland, OH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raycom in July 2008.

Interview Details – It was fairly simple, but I was referred by someone they already trusted.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can do better than the last person who had this job?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Digital Marketing Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raycom.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. I met with the digital manager first to discuss the position before I ever filled out my application and then shortly got a call back after deciding apply. Then, I was interviewed on site by the local sales managers and the general sales manage before finally meeting and interviewing with the general manager of the station. Because its a sales job they asked me all the standard sales type interview questions. Overall it was what I expected.

Interview Question – They asked me what motivated me and, because I refused to say money, the LSMs never seemed happy with my answer. I'm sure not everyone would be so hard headed though so I doubt all interviewers are like that.   View Answer

IS Assistant Interview

IS Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raycom in February 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process is fairly simple and doesn't require much. Just the standard drug and background check.

Interview Question – How do you add a group policy on Active Directory?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raycom in March 2008.

Interview Details – Telephone call and interview with managers.

Interview Question – Describe something that you messed up on and had to fix.   Answer Question

Worked for Raycom? Contribute to the Community!