Raymond James Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Compliance Advisor II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiter. After this phase, recruiter sent my resume to several hiring mgrs with my salary requirements. Scheduled 1 on 1 interview within 1 day. Interview was with 2 RCOs. Very friendly and very conversational. Offer came at the end of the same week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with someone who was mad with you about something.   Answer Question

Transfer Associate II Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was contacted to make an appointment for a phone interview. Two days later, the interview went very well. The interviewer was kind, patient, and seemed genuinely interested in finding my best fit in the company. I am truly looking forward to working there!

Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Very Quick.Just three to four questions. very courteous and polite. it was a brief phone interview. last only 10 minutes. they explained their hiring process in detail and also the job requirements

Interview Questions

• Easy to answer questions.very causal,like how did your qualifications match with the requirements of the job you applied for? salary expectations etc? what do you know about our company.   Answer Question

Compliance Examiner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process was very smooth. The recruiter made the initial contact to screen the candidates. He thoroughly explained the position and upcoming process so I knew what to expect. Two weeks later I received a call to schedule a group interview over a video conference. All 3 interviewers were very professional and polite. Again, they explained what the next steps were and when they are hoping to make a decision. There was a personality test, as well as critical thinking and Wonderlic tests. A few days later they made an offer. I believe the offer was very fair.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

The offer was fair, however, I declined because of the travel schedule. The timing just wasn't right for me at this stage of my life. I would consider employment with Raymond James in the future based off of my experience.

Options Rotational Program Interview

Interview

1st stage is a 45 minute phone interview and 2nd stage is going to headquarters in St. Pete for a Super Day. Despite promises they are hiring top candidates in the country, they will fill spots with internal hires who already have connections to the company, even if they don't have the Finance background or Master's degrees that some other candidates have. If you don't have connections to the company for any entry level position, it's very difficult to break in. They also make it very unclear after the 1 year program where you will be placed within the company and what you'll be paid.

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter. They went on to ask very generic questions, what would you employer say of you, what was brought up in your performance reviews, etc. No information was given about the company or position until I asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview

Long, long, long. Must be patient because their system and process takes a while because they know that everyobe wants them as their employer and they get a lot of applicants.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the right fit and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Orlando, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and set up a phone interview. I had a 40 minute phone interview. The process went smoothly and the person I had contact with was very professional. They asked me a bunch of questions and they let me ask them a number of questions also.

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, first round was phone talk with the head lady. Was asked some behavioral questions, then some current economic topics, preference of sectors and locations, some details about past internship experiences, something which is not on resume about yourself, give an example of 3 main economic factors U.S. is now facing. The phone call was not that long, about 25 minutes. Was told to wait for response in one week or two.

Interview Questions

• Give me a long and a short position example based on current U.S. economy.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

First HR will conduct a phone or Skype interview with you to determine your aptitude, personality, and areas you are interested within the firm. Be able to talk about yourself a lot and what you have planned out for your career. They like to see that you are actively thinking about the next 5 years. There is also a big emphasis on community service by HR. The second interview will be with the head of the department. They can invite you to HQ or just call you. Be familiar with the industry they are working in and be prepared with questions to ask them. Also be able to walk the interviewer over your resume in detail. Overall, if you got the interview it is because of your killer resume or employee referral. They really just want to see if you have an aptitude for the job you'll be working on and that they will enjoy working with you for the entire summer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. I'll stop you at certain points.   Answer Question
    • What activities are you involved with at school?   1 Answer