Raymond James Financial

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Compliance Advisor Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Interview Details – Taleo based system for entering employment history, skills, etc and uploading resume. Human Resources is not proactive in reaching out to experienced candidates and often does not pass resumes to hiring manager that would qualify. Testing is required in order to proceed to next phase of interview process, but not a guarantee that you will interview again. The process is relatively objective; however, if you are interested in a job, it may take months to get an answer. Stay ontop of HR recruiter and try to find a connection to the hiring manager. Interviews are often done with a manager and 1-3 team members depending on the job level. Be prepared to answer scenario -type questions: situation or task, action, and result.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions relate to how you will fit within a team setting-- not difficult unless you are unaware of corporate culture (research).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation for salary and benefits takes place through the recruiter. Their objective is to hire for the least amount possible in the salary range, always counter because they will counter back 3-5% up from their original unless it is entry level. If you have 3+ years of experience, be sure to ask for 15 days vacation a year instead of 10 since you are coming with experience.

Associate Equity Research Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Raymond James Financial

Interview Details – Included initial behavioral and technical phone interview with HR. This had an emphasis on behavioral questions in the first round. Second round included four interviews with various office managers asking a mixture of behavioral and technical questions with an emphasis on technical. I received a decision within a week after the second round.

Interview Question – A number of thinking outside the box questions on how you would estimate the number of things used/in existence in a particular region over a particular time.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Austin, TX

I interviewed at Raymond James Financial in November 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with a Portfolio Manager

Interview Question – Do you like to be client facing or prefer to be in the back office?   Answer Question

IT Contractor Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to a few direct hire positions online and was never contacted. I applied to a similar position via a contracting company and did 2 interviews and was offered a contract position. The first interview was with the contracting company. The 2nd interview was onsite at RJ with the hiring manager. A week later I was offered the contract position.

Interview Question – They were all pretty standard and related to the position.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and received an email with a link to take a psychometric questionnaire. It was very similar to MBTI. I subsequently received a call to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer asked general questions and gave me the impression that they were feeling me out for general job skills and salary requirements. They also provided me with additional information regarding the position's requirements. I went in for a face to face interview and met with two separate managers. Both were very welcoming and asked additional questions regarding skills and qualifications.

Interview Question – All generals were skill and qualification related. No behavioral.   Answer Question

Business Solutions Database Engineer Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in June 2013.

Interview Details – Called via phone for phone interview very simple basic questions and then was scheduled for on site interview.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was when they asked "what kind of a relationship would you want with your manager" I answered it after some thought and then they asked me "okay well what would be another relationship"   Answer Question

MedicalAssistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – I answered a blind ad from the local newspaper and was called in for an interview. I came in, completed an application and met with the office manager. She showed me around the office and explained the duties. We talked about the position and my experience. The office manager called with an offer, I countered. After negotiating, I took the position.

Interview Question – Why was I interested in this position, since I have a lot of management experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – We negotiated back and forth, but it was easy.

Alternative Investments Operations Associate Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to a few other positions online, but this position matched my background so I was contacted by HR. Went down for a in person interview. Typical interview questions, very relaxed.

Interview Question – Very typical interview questions, was asked a lot of more difficult questions directly related to me background to really test my previous experience.   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in October 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions for equity research - largely focusing on financial statement analysis and how they interact with one another. A good amount of time was spent on the cash flow statement. Questions about particular industries of interest and to pitch a stock. Since Raymond James has several offices, location preference was also asked.

Interview Question – Rate from best to worst your writing, oral communication, and financial statement analysis skills.   Answer Question

Financial Services Intern Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Raymond James Financial in March 2013.

Interview Details – Through family connections at a branch in Texas, flew out to the interview and was asked basic fit questions about the company and my background

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Raymond James?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raymond James Financial

Worked for Raymond James Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raymond James Financial interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raymond James Financial employees and interview candidates.