Raymond James Financial Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole interview process is not quite smooth nor pleasant compared with those at tech company.
    1. The HR does not respond your email quickly, I need to initial the call to confirm the exact time for my phone interview.
    2. It take me two months from applying a job to getting on site opportunity.
    3. During the on site interview, they are not really organized. I am being told to go different offices to meet different person. Some of the interviewers are even talking on the phone with other department while you are sitting in front of him. Some of the interviews are randomly grabbed into interview. It does not sound a very professional organization in terms of interview process.
    4. HR does not respond email after on site when inquiring about the follow up process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest AngularJS projects you have ever done, tell the difficulty you have encounted   Answer Question

Compliance Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Taleo based system for entering employment history, skills, etc and uploading resume. Human Resources is not proactive in reaching out to experienced candidates and often does not pass resumes to hiring manager that would qualify. Testing is required in order to proceed to next phase of interview process, but not a guarantee that you will interview again. The process is relatively objective; however, if you are interested in a job, it may take months to get an answer. Stay ontop of HR recruiter and try to find a connection to the hiring manager. Interviews are often done with a manager and 1-3 team members depending on the job level. Be prepared to answer scenario -type questions: situation or task, action, and result.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions relate to how you will fit within a team setting-- not difficult unless you are unaware of corporate culture (research).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation for salary and benefits takes place through the recruiter. Their objective is to hire for the least amount possible in the salary range, always counter because they will counter back 3-5% up from their original unless it is entry level. If you have 3+ years of experience, be sure to ask for 15 days vacation a year instead of 10 since you are coming with experience.

Business Solutions Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Called via phone for phone interview very simple basic questions and then was scheduled for on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was when they asked "what kind of a relationship would you want with your manager" I answered it after some thought and then they asked me "okay well what would be another relationship"   Answer Question

Alternative Investments Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied to a few other positions online, but this position matched my background so I was contacted by HR. Went down for a in person interview. Typical interview questions, very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions, was asked a lot of more difficult questions directly related to me background to really test my previous experience.   Answer Question

IT Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied to a few direct hire positions online and was never contacted. I applied to a similar position via a contracting company and did 2 interviews and was offered a contract position. The first interview was with the contracting company. The 2nd interview was onsite at RJ with the hiring manager. A week later I was offered the contract position.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard and related to the position.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Received HR phone interview where they just wanted to see if I had any interest in the position. Then, it was a technical interview over the phone with OOP concepts and basic programming codes. Finally, got the office visit which starts with a sort of a technical test in the morning and interview with two senior managers which were behavioral. The people at the firm are really nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Lot of SDLC questions in the office visit computarized test gave me a tough time !!   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions for equity research - largely focusing on financial statement analysis and how they interact with one another. A good amount of time was spent on the cash flow statement. Questions about particular industries of interest and to pitch a stock. Since Raymond James has several offices, location preference was also asked.

Interview Questions

• Rate from best to worst your writing, oral communication, and financial statement analysis skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

2 months of interview process (recruiter, hiring manager) then flew me down after the 2nd month for face to face interview. Discussed salary and job qualifications. Waited 2 weeks then received automated email from HR that they have other qualified candidate for the position. I asked that hiring manager during my phone interview before they flew me to the headquarters if she found anything during our interview or from my qualifications that will hinder you from hiring me? Answer by manager: NO

Interview Questions

• From the hiring manager: If we hire you, when can you start? (I'm from another state and requires relocation)   1 Answer

Service Advisor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Tampa, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiting manager. Asked to come in for an on site interview with the department supervisor. Asked to come in for a second interview with department supervisor as well as overall supervisor.

Interview Questions

• After seeing the daily activities of the position what do you think your least favorite part of the job will be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really is not any negotiation because Ray J knows that beat the competition with their benefits package.

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position and received an email with a link to take a psychometric questionnaire. It was very similar to MBTI. I subsequently received a call to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer asked general questions and gave me the impression that they were feeling me out for general job skills and salary requirements. They also provided me with additional information regarding the position's requirements. I went in for a face to face interview and met with two separate managers. Both were very welcoming and asked additional questions regarding skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• All generals were skill and qualification related. No behavioral.   Answer Question