Raymond James Financial Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.9

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter. They went on to ask very generic questions, what would you employer say of you, what was brought up in your performance reviews, etc. No information was given about the company or position until I asked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

First HR will conduct a phone or Skype interview with you to determine your aptitude, personality, and areas you are interested within the firm. Be able to talk about yourself a lot and what you have planned out for your career. They like to see that you are actively thinking about the next 5 years. There is also a big emphasis on community service by HR. The second interview will be with the head of the department. They can invite you to HQ or just call you. Be familiar with the industry they are working in and be prepared with questions to ask them. Also be able to walk the interviewer over your resume in detail. Overall, if you got the interview it is because of your killer resume or employee referral. They really just want to see if you have an aptitude for the job you'll be working on and that they will enjoy working with you for the entire summer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. I'll stop you at certain points.   Answer Question
    • What activities are you involved with at school?   1 Answer

, Information Security Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

First round was a telephonic interview. I was interviewed by a senior project manager on my resume. I was asked each and every detail on my resume. I was expecting the first round to be a Behavioural round but it turned out to be on my resume. The overall experience was very good.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole interview process is not quite smooth nor pleasant compared with those at tech company. 1. The HR does not respond your email quickly, I need to initial the call to confirm the exact time for my phone interview. 2. It take me two months from applying a job to getting on site opportunity. 3. During the on site interview, they are not really organized. I am being told to go different offices to meet different person. Some of the interviewers are even talking on the phone with other department while you are sitting in front of him. Some of the interviews are randomly grabbed into interview. It does not sound a very professional organization in terms of interview process. 4. HR does not respond email after on site when inquiring about the follow up process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the biggest AngularJS projects you have ever done, tell the difficulty you have encounted   Answer Question

Compliance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Taleo based system for entering employment history, skills, etc and uploading resume. Human Resources is not proactive in reaching out to experienced candidates and often does not pass resumes to hiring manager that would qualify. Testing is required in order to proceed to next phase of interview process, but not a guarantee that you will interview again. The process is relatively objective; however, if you are interested in a job, it may take months to get an answer. Stay ontop of HR recruiter and try to find a connection to the hiring manager. Interviews are often done with a manager and 1-3 team members depending on the job level. Be prepared to answer scenario -type questions: situation or task, action, and result.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions relate to how you will fit within a team setting-- not difficult unless you are unaware of corporate culture (research).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation for salary and benefits takes place through the recruiter. Their objective is to hire for the least amount possible in the salary range, always counter because they will counter back 3-5% up from their original unless it is entry level. If you have 3+ years of experience, be sure to ask for 15 days vacation a year instead of 10 since you are coming with experience.

Options Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Pete, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Pete, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Met campus recruiting team at a Career Fair at my University and then had 2 phone interviews before a super day which was held at Raymond James headquarters

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter informing me of the available position. Upon submitting a resume, cover letter, and online application, I was contacted again by a different HR employee which helped me schedule a time to come to the headquarters for on-site interviews and testing. The testing consisted of personality, logic, reasoning, and intelligence based questions. I then had two separate 30 minute interviews with a Hiring Manager and Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions

• All generally normal questions, behavioral and experience based.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call asking for a convenient time for a phone interview time with an HR representative. That was followed on the coordinated day with the 20 minute HR phone interview. The usual questions were asked. Why would I be a good candidate. Did I have the financial background. A couple of behavioral questions were asked. Explain a difficult meeting and how I handled it.

Interview Questions

• I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Went very well.. good questions. Fully reviewed all past experience as well as who I am as a person

Interview Questions

• Explain the work you do at your current job and how it directly relates to the Project Specialist position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One week after the interview, HR called and said that management would like to proceed to the next phase, so I had a battery of tests for about two hours. Cognitive, Logic, Wonderlick, Math and Comprehension.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

the process was too long and complicated. I started interviewing in June with multiple interviews through December and finally an offer in January. The salary intitially was significantly less so I had many discussions with HR on increasing the base or I was not interested. This took months. Relocation was a disaster, they basically gave you money and you had to figure it out. I met with 5 people and was tested all in the same day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

again long, I negotiated additional vacation and increased salary. Moving and living they provided a lump sum and no other assistance