Raymond James Financial

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Compliance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Taleo based system for entering employment history, skills, etc and uploading resume. Human Resources is not proactive in reaching out to experienced candidates and often does not pass resumes to hiring manager that would qualify. Testing is required in order to proceed to next phase of interview process, but not a guarantee that you will interview again. The process is relatively objective; however, if you are interested in a job, it may take months to get an answer. Stay ontop of HR recruiter and try to find a connection to the hiring manager. Interviews are often done with a manager and 1-3 team members depending on the job level. Be prepared to answer scenario -type questions: situation or task, action, and result.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions relate to how you will fit within a team setting-- not difficult unless you are unaware of corporate culture (research).   Answer Question
    Negotiation for salary and benefits takes place through the recruiter. Their objective is to hire for the least amount possible in the salary range, always counter because they will counter back 3-5% up from their original unless it is entry level. If you have 3+ years of experience, be sure to ask for 15 days vacation a year instead of 10 since you are coming with experience.

Business Solutions Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in June 2013.

Called via phone for phone interview very simple basic questions and then was scheduled for on site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was when they asked "what kind of a relationship would you want with your manager" I answered it after some thought and then they asked me "okay well what would be another relationship"   Answer Question

Alternative Investments Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in May 2013.

I applied to a few other positions online, but this position matched my background so I was contacted by HR. Went down for a in person interview. Typical interview questions, very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Very typical interview questions, was asked a lot of more difficult questions directly related to me background to really test my previous experience.   Answer Question

IT Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in January 2013.

I applied to a few direct hire positions online and was never contacted. I applied to a similar position via a contracting company and did 2 interviews and was offered a contract position. The first interview was with the contracting company. The 2nd interview was onsite at RJ with the hiring manager. A week later I was offered the contract position.

Interview Questions
    • They were all pretty standard and related to the position.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial.

Received HR phone interview where they just wanted to see if I had any interest in the position. Then, it was a technical interview over the phone with OOP concepts and basic programming codes. Finally, got the office visit which starts with a sort of a technical test in the morning and interview with two senior managers which were behavioral. The people at the firm are really nice and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of SDLC questions in the office visit computarized test gave me a tough time !!   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in October 2012.

Phone interview, lasted about 30 minutes. Typical questions for equity research - largely focusing on financial statement analysis and how they interact with one another. A good amount of time was spent on the cash flow statement. Questions about particular industries of interest and to pitch a stock. Since Raymond James has several offices, location preference was also asked.

Interview Questions
    • Rate from best to worst your writing, oral communication, and financial statement analysis skills.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James Financial.

2 months of interview process (recruiter, hiring manager) then flew me down after the 2nd month for face to face interview. Discussed salary and job qualifications. Waited 2 weeks then received automated email from HR that they have other qualified candidate for the position. I asked that hiring manager during my phone interview before they flew me to the headquarters if she found anything during our interview or from my qualifications that will hinder you from hiring me? Answer by manager: NO

Interview Questions
    • From the hiring manager: If we hire you, when can you start? (I'm from another state and requires relocation)   View Answer

Service Advisor I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in September 2012.

Initial phone interview with a recruiting manager. Asked to come in for an on site interview with the department supervisor. Asked to come in for a second interview with department supervisor as well as overall supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • After seeing the daily activities of the position what do you think your least favorite part of the job will be?   Answer Question
    There really is not any negotiation because Ray J knows that beat the competition with their benefits package.

Financial Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in August 2012.

I applied for the position and received an email with a link to take a psychometric questionnaire. It was very similar to MBTI. I subsequently received a call to schedule a phone interview. The interviewer asked general questions and gave me the impression that they were feeling me out for general job skills and salary requirements. They also provided me with additional information regarding the position's requirements. I went in for a face to face interview and met with two separate managers. Both were very welcoming and asked additional questions regarding skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions
    • All generals were skill and qualification related. No behavioral.   Answer Question

Accountant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James Financial in June 2012.

I had a phone interview with HR which included many behavioral questions. I also received an email to complete a personality test at this time.
    Nearly a week later I received a call to schedule on site interview.
    The second interview with the hiring manager went well and included both behavioral questions and explanations of my experience.
    Immediately after the onsite interview I received another call from HR to come back in for an accounting battery and another round of interviews. The third round of interviews was much more technical. I was told multiple times they planned to make their decision within a few days but I never heard back from anyone at the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a coworker who wasn't doing their fair share of the work. How did you handle this?   Answer Question