Raymond James & Associates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Equity Research Associate Interview

Equity Research Associate

Interviewed at Raymond James & Associates

Interview Details – Was flown to Atlanta to interview for associate position. Pretty easy interview; asked for a stock pitch and presented a bull and bear thesis. No detailed or highly analytical questions. Met with analyst and talked about modeling. Had to listen to a conference call and write a summary.

Interview Question – Is it better for a company to offer a dividend or buy back stock?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Registered Client Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates.

Interview Details – Very easy and rushed. I had to run through my resume as the manager seemed unprepared for the interview. In fact, she forgot I was coming even after I confirmed my appointment a day prior.

Reason for Declining – I know several people who worked here and all have been here less than 1 year and have quit.

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth. Applied online, HR recruiter called the following day and conducted a phone interview. The day after the phone interview the recruiter called to set up an appointment with a face to face with the supervisor for the following week. The next week the recruiter called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. The day after the second face to face I was offered the position.

Interview Question – How would you handle an unreasonable request?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating needed they offered what I was looking for.

Project Specialist Interview

Project Specialist
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in December 2013.

Interview Details – Went very well.. good questions. Fully reviewed all past experience as well as who I am as a person

Interview Question – Explain the work you do at your current job and how it directly relates to the Project Specialist position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One week after the interview, HR called and said that management would like to proceed to the next phase, so I had a battery of tests for about two hours. Cognitive, Logic, Wonderlick, Math and Comprehension.

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Acquisitions Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter informing me of the available position. Upon submitting a resume, cover letter, and online application, I was contacted again by a different HR employee which helped me schedule a time to come to the headquarters for on-site interviews and testing. The testing consisted of personality, logic, reasoning, and intelligence based questions. I then had two separate 30 minute interviews with a Hiring Manager and Senior Vice President.

Interview Question – All generally normal questions, behavioral and experience based.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call asking for a convenient time for a phone interview time with an HR representative. That was followed on the coordinated day with the 20 minute HR phone interview. The usual questions were asked. Why would I be a good candidate. Did I have the financial background. A couple of behavioral questions were asked. Explain a difficult meeting and how I handled it.

Interview Question – I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was found through a head hunter I was using to find me a new position

Interview Question – I don't remember, that was 7 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They were offering what I wanted which is why the head hunter sent me there.

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Coral Gables, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2010.

Interview Details – Typical HR procedures - first a phone interview, then in person and with a team of advisors. Not very difficult for me because I was referred by a client.

Interview Question – Not very many difficult questions. Typical HR questions, what do you know about company? What is prior experience?   Answer Question

Customer Accounts Representative Interview

Customer Accounts Representative
Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application and within 2 days I received a phone call from a Rep who works in HR. They wanted to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. A day or 2 later I received a phone interview with a gentlemen and the interview was about 30 minutes long. He advised me I would receive a phone call within a day or 2 but I did not hear anything. It's been about 2 weeks and I still have not even received a letter through email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. He asked simple questions as far as overcoming challenges you had to face in previous jobs.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward process, I had a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then flew out to interview and take some tests (wonderlic, personality, etc.). I interviewed with my manager and 3 other senior members of the organization, had lunch with my manager, and that was it. Mostly fit type questions, with a few technical ones thrown in.

Interview Question – None really, although I did have to interview with a C-level executive, and wasn't expecting that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiations, they offered the number I was looking for, and a small sign on bonus to cover relocation. Vacation starts at 10 days for all new employees, so you may want to negotiate more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raymond James & Associates

Worked for Raymond James & Associates? Contribute to the Community!