Raymond James & Associates

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Trust Officer Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in October 2014.

Interview process extremely informal. Met with each individual department member, except the Sr. Trust Officer. The interview process was very disappointing. It appeared as if the Company (or at least the group I met with) were not really interested in filling the position. I was told that the Company is going through changes and the individuals did not really know if they would have a position after all was said and done. Very disappointing, particularly after I drove about 4 hrs for the interview. Long day for nothing !

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question was "why would I want to get into the Corporate arena again after being self employed"   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Was flown to Atlanta to interview for associate position. Pretty easy interview; asked for a stock pitch and presented a bull and bear thesis. No detailed or highly analytical questions. Met with analyst and talked about modeling. Had to listen to a conference call and write a summary.

Interview Questions
    • Is it better for a company to offer a dividend or buy back stock?   Answer Question

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates.

Very easy and rushed. I had to run through my resume as the manager seemed unprepared for the interview. In fact, she forgot I was coming even after I confirmed my appointment a day prior.

I know several people who worked here and all have been here less than 1 year and have quit.

Client Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2014.

The interview process was smooth. Applied online, HR recruiter called the following day and conducted a phone interview. The day after the phone interview the recruiter called to set up an appointment with a face to face with the supervisor for the following week. The next week the recruiter called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. The day after the second face to face I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating needed they offered what I was looking for.

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in February 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter informing me of the available position. Upon submitting a resume, cover letter, and online application, I was contacted again by a different HR employee which helped me schedule a time to come to the headquarters for on-site interviews and testing. The testing consisted of personality, logic, reasoning, and intelligence based questions. I then had two separate 30 minute interviews with a Hiring Manager and Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • All generally normal questions, behavioral and experience based.   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in February 2014.

Applied through my university's career center. Interviewed on campus with two analysts. Had a super day in Atlanta with 8 interviews. Spoke with MD's, VP's, an associate and analysts. There were not any technical questions which came as a surprise. I had a positive experience and took the offer based on the people within the office.

Interview Questions
    • What do we do here? Sounds simple, but it cannot be overlooked.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in January 2014.

Received a phone call asking for a convenient time for a phone interview time with an HR representative. That was followed on the coordinated day with the 20 minute HR phone interview. The usual questions were asked. Why would I be a good candidate. Did I have the financial background. A couple of behavioral questions were asked. Explain a difficult meeting and how I handled it.

Interview Questions
    • I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.   View Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in December 2013.

Went very well.. good questions. Fully reviewed all past experience as well as who I am as a person

Interview Questions
    • Explain the work you do at your current job and how it directly relates to the Project Specialist position.   Answer Question
    One week after the interview, HR called and said that management would like to proceed to the next phase, so I had a battery of tests for about two hours. Cognitive, Logic, Wonderlick, Math and Comprehension.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in December 2013.

the process was too long and complicated. I started interviewing in June with multiple interviews through December and finally an offer in January. The salary intitially was significantly less so I had many discussions with HR on increasing the base or I was not interested. This took months. Relocation was a disaster, they basically gave you money and you had to figure it out. I met with 5 people and was tested all in the same day.

Interview Questions
    again long, I negotiated additional vacation and increased salary. Moving and living they provided a lump sum and no other assistance

Customer Accounts Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in September 2013.

I filled out the online application and within 2 days I received a phone call from a Rep who works in HR. They wanted to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. A day or 2 later I received a phone interview with a gentlemen and the interview was about 30 minutes long. He advised me I would receive a phone call within a day or 2 but I did not hear anything. It's been about 2 weeks and I still have not even received a letter through email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. He asked simple questions as far as overcoming challenges you had to face in previous jobs.   Answer Question