Raymond James & Associates

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Specialist Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in December 2013.

Interview Details – Went very well.. good questions. Fully reviewed all past experience as well as who I am as a person

Interview Question – Explain the work you do at your current job and how it directly relates to the Project Specialist position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One week after the interview, HR called and said that management would like to proceed to the next phase, so I had a battery of tests for about two hours. Cognitive, Logic, Wonderlick, Math and Comprehension.

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in February 2014.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter informing me of the available position. Upon submitting a resume, cover letter, and online application, I was contacted again by a different HR employee which helped me schedule a time to come to the headquarters for on-site interviews and testing. The testing consisted of personality, logic, reasoning, and intelligence based questions. I then had two separate 30 minute interviews with a Hiring Manager and Senior Vice President.

Interview Question – All generally normal questions, behavioral and experience based.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in January 2014.

Interview Details – Received a phone call asking for a convenient time for a phone interview time with an HR representative. That was followed on the coordinated day with the 20 minute HR phone interview. The usual questions were asked. Why would I be a good candidate. Did I have the financial background. A couple of behavioral questions were asked. Explain a difficult meeting and how I handled it.

Interview Question – I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was found through a head hunter I was using to find me a new position

Interview Question – I don't remember, that was 7 years ago.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. They were offering what I wanted which is why the head hunter sent me there.

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Coral Gables, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2010.

Interview Details – Typical HR procedures - first a phone interview, then in person and with a team of advisors. Not very difficult for me because I was referred by a client.

Interview Question – Not very many difficult questions. Typical HR questions, what do you know about company? What is prior experience?   Answer Question

Customer Accounts Representative Interview

Southfield, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in September 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the online application and within 2 days I received a phone call from a Rep who works in HR. They wanted to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. A day or 2 later I received a phone interview with a gentlemen and the interview was about 30 minutes long. He advised me I would receive a phone call within a day or 2 but I did not hear anything. It's been about 2 weeks and I still have not even received a letter through email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. He asked simple questions as far as overcoming challenges you had to face in previous jobs.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in January 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward process, I had a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then flew out to interview and take some tests (wonderlic, personality, etc.). I interviewed with my manager and 3 other senior members of the organization, had lunch with my manager, and that was it. Mostly fit type questions, with a few technical ones thrown in.

Interview Question – None really, although I did have to interview with a C-level executive, and wasn't expecting that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal negotiations, they offered the number I was looking for, and a small sign on bonus to cover relocation. Vacation starts at 10 days for all new employees, so you may want to negotiate more.

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, answered basic questions with HR on the first one. The second interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – They asked matching number questions to see if you could find the difference.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They just told me what the job paid.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in June 2012.

Interview Details – Once you apply on Taleo, then you get an email confirmation of the application. Usually an HR assistant will call you to schedule your interview. All very professional. The typical interviews consist of about 3-4 questions and make sure you bring your own questions as well.They are typical interviews with typical interview questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had conflict with a co worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary and paid vacation time off. They gave me an additional week since I had accumulated a number of weeks at my last employer. Salary negotiations didnt go well. I still accepted the offer since they negotiated the time off

Client Service Associate Interview

Client Service Associate
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in September 2012.

Interview Details – I am currently in the process of relocating to FL. Received email from branch about opportunity. Part of reason I went down one week before my move was to interview for the position. I was handed a 12 minute aptitude test that nothing with the industry and was never asked any questions about my skills and qualifications. I received an email later in the afternoon that the position was filled.

Interview Question – I was never asked ANY!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raymond James & Associates

Worked for Raymond James & Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raymond James & Associates interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raymond James & Associates employees and interview candidates.