Raymond James & Associates Interview Questions & Reviews

28 interviews

2.8

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in December 2013.

the process was too long and complicated. I started interviewing in June with multiple interviews through December and finally an offer in January. The salary intitially was significantly less so I had many discussions with HR on increasing the base or I was not interested. This took months. Relocation was a disaster, they basically gave you money and you had to figure it out. I met with 5 people and was tested all in the same day.

Interview Questions
    again long, I negotiated additional vacation and increased salary. Moving and living they provided a lump sum and no other assistance

Equity Research Associate Interview

Was flown to Atlanta to interview for associate position. Pretty easy interview; asked for a stock pitch and presented a bull and bear thesis. No detailed or highly analytical questions. Met with analyst and talked about modeling. Had to listen to a conference call and write a summary.

Interview Questions
    • Is it better for a company to offer a dividend or buy back stock?   Answer Question

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates.

Very easy and rushed. I had to run through my resume as the manager seemed unprepared for the interview. In fact, she forgot I was coming even after I confirmed my appointment a day prior.

I know several people who worked here and all have been here less than 1 year and have quit.

Client Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2014.

The interview process was smooth. Applied online, HR recruiter called the following day and conducted a phone interview. The day after the phone interview the recruiter called to set up an appointment with a face to face with the supervisor for the following week. The next week the recruiter called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. The day after the second face to face I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating needed they offered what I was looking for.

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in December 2013.

Went very well.. good questions. Fully reviewed all past experience as well as who I am as a person

Interview Questions
    • Explain the work you do at your current job and how it directly relates to the Project Specialist position.   Answer Question
    One week after the interview, HR called and said that management would like to proceed to the next phase, so I had a battery of tests for about two hours. Cognitive, Logic, Wonderlick, Math and Comprehension.

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in February 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiter informing me of the available position. Upon submitting a resume, cover letter, and online application, I was contacted again by a different HR employee which helped me schedule a time to come to the headquarters for on-site interviews and testing. The testing consisted of personality, logic, reasoning, and intelligence based questions. I then had two separate 30 minute interviews with a Hiring Manager and Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions
    • All generally normal questions, behavioral and experience based.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in January 2014.

Received a phone call asking for a convenient time for a phone interview time with an HR representative. That was followed on the coordinated day with the 20 minute HR phone interview. The usual questions were asked. Why would I be a good candidate. Did I have the financial background. A couple of behavioral questions were asked. Explain a difficult meeting and how I handled it.

Interview Questions
    • I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in October 2010.

I was found through a head hunter I was using to find me a new position

Interview Questions
    There was none. They were offering what I wanted which is why the head hunter sent me there.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Gables, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2010.

Typical HR procedures - first a phone interview, then in person and with a team of advisors. Not very difficult for me because I was referred by a client.

Interview Questions
    • Not very many difficult questions. Typical HR questions, what do you know about company? What is prior experience?   Answer Question

Customer Accounts Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in September 2013.

I filled out the online application and within 2 days I received a phone call from a Rep who works in HR. They wanted to set up a telephone interview with a recruiter. A day or 2 later I received a phone interview with a gentlemen and the interview was about 30 minutes long. He advised me I would receive a phone call within a day or 2 but I did not hear anything. It's been about 2 weeks and I still have not even received a letter through email stating they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions. He asked simple questions as far as overcoming challenges you had to face in previous jobs.   Answer Question

Worked for Raymond James & Associates? Contribute to the Community!