Raymond James & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.8

Interview

1st stage is a 45 minute phone interview and 2nd stage is going to headquarters in St. Pete for a Super Day. Despite promises they are hiring top candidates in the country, they will fill spots with internal hires who already have connections to the company, even if they don't have the Finance background or Master's degrees that some other candidates have. If you don't have connections to the company for any entry level position, it's very difficult to break in. They also make it very unclear after the 1 year program where you will be placed within the company and what you'll be paid.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates (Saint Petersburg, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

First HR will conduct a phone or Skype interview with you to determine your aptitude, personality, and areas you are interested within the firm. Be able to talk about yourself a lot and what you have planned out for your career. They like to see that you are actively thinking about the next 5 years. There is also a big emphasis on community service by HR. The second interview will be with the head of the department. They can invite you to HQ or just call you. Be familiar with the industry they are working in and be prepared with questions to ask them. Also be able to walk the interviewer over your resume in detail. Overall, if you got the interview it is because of your killer resume or employee referral. They really just want to see if you have an aptitude for the job you'll be working on and that they will enjoy working with you for the entire summer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. I'll stop you at certain points.   Answer Question
    • What activities are you involved with at school?   1 Answer

Trust Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process extremely informal. Met with each individual department member, except the Sr. Trust Officer. The interview process was very disappointing. It appeared as if the Company (or at least the group I met with) were not really interested in filling the position. I was told that the Company is going through changes and the individuals did not really know if they would have a position after all was said and done. Very disappointing, particularly after I drove about 4 hrs for the interview. Long day for nothing !

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was "why would I want to get into the Corporate arena again after being self employed"   Answer Question

Interview

Was flown to Atlanta to interview for associate position. Pretty easy interview; asked for a stock pitch and presented a bull and bear thesis. No detailed or highly analytical questions. Met with analyst and talked about modeling. Had to listen to a conference call and write a summary.

Interview Questions

• Is it better for a company to offer a dividend or buy back stock?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates.

Interview

Very easy and rushed. I had to run through my resume as the manager seemed unprepared for the interview. In fact, she forgot I was coming even after I confirmed my appointment a day prior.

I know several people who worked here and all have been here less than 1 year and have quit.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Applied online, HR recruiter called the following day and conducted a phone interview. The day after the phone interview the recruiter called to set up an appointment with a face to face with the supervisor for the following week. The next week the recruiter called to set up an interview with the hiring manager. The day after the second face to face I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating needed they offered what I was looking for.

Acquisitions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates (Saint Petersburg, FL) in February 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter informing me of the available position. Upon submitting a resume, cover letter, and online application, I was contacted again by a different HR employee which helped me schedule a time to come to the headquarters for on-site interviews and testing. The testing consisted of personality, logic, reasoning, and intelligence based questions. I then had two separate 30 minute interviews with a Hiring Manager and Senior Vice President.

Interview Questions

• All generally normal questions, behavioral and experience based.   Answer Question

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Raymond James & Associates in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. Interviewed on campus with two analysts. Had a super day in Atlanta with 8 interviews. Spoke with MD's, VP's, an associate and analysts. There were not any technical questions which came as a surprise. I had a positive experience and took the offer based on the people within the office.

Interview Questions

• What do we do here? Sounds simple, but it cannot be overlooked.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call asking for a convenient time for a phone interview time with an HR representative. That was followed on the coordinated day with the 20 minute HR phone interview. The usual questions were asked. Why would I be a good candidate. Did I have the financial background. A couple of behavioral questions were asked. Explain a difficult meeting and how I handled it.

Interview Questions

• I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.   1 Answer

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raymond James & Associates (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Went very well.. good questions. Fully reviewed all past experience as well as who I am as a person

Interview Questions

• Explain the work you do at your current job and how it directly relates to the Project Specialist position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

One week after the interview, HR called and said that management would like to proceed to the next phase, so I had a battery of tests for about two hours. Cognitive, Logic, Wonderlick, Math and Comprehension.