Raymour & Flanigan

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called the next day.

Interview Question – Basic Behavior Based Questions. Tell me about time when you....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Negotiation this a 100% commission based job.

Oakhurst, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in October 2011.

Interview Details – The initial contact was with the on-staff recruiter by phone, who invited me in for an interview for the next day. Everything seemed to be going well, since he then asked me to be interviewed by the Store Manager. I definitely felt that the manager was friendly, but he did not seem to ask many good questions. I was then turned over to the Showroom Manager to meet with him. During this interview, I sensed that this manager was a little tired of this part of his job. However, I was told that I was to be interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager for the area, but that the interview would take place at another store. The interview was scheduled for the next day and was over an hour away. I was told that the Regional Sales Manager liked muted earth tones, so I wore my brown suit, rather than my traditional navy. I walked into the interview, only to find the Regional Sales Manager wearing a blue suit! After another hour interview, he told me that I would go through to the next stage, where all four men were to discuss my candidacy. What a commotion!

Interview Question – Who was the most difficult person to do business with and how did you diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

New York, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in May 2011.

Interview Details – Took 3 weeks to get the final job offer

Interview Question – why you think you ll be goos sales candidate for our company   View Answer

Reason for Declining – My curent job has better working hours

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in February 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed with this company R&F. I was very excited about the interview process, and exploring a new career opportunity. I have two college degrees in different areas, and at least ten years of managerial experience. Both interviews went very well with the recruiter, and the store manager. In fact, the interviews went so well that location, salary, and training was expressed to me openly. They both expressed how they really liked me, so they said. Would you believe we even did role play on closing furniture sales? The final blow, or turn for the worst I should say was when the store manager asked me directly if I was prepared to submit my final two weeks with my current employer. Of course, my answer was yes. Five days later I recieved a email from the recruiter stating that other candidates were more closely related to their needs in furniture sales. Problem one: Both the store manager and the recruiter said training would be provided. Problem two: I visit one other store and spoke with a sales consultant that stated she was new in the business with no furniture experience. What kinda BS is this? How would you call it? Discrimination? Change of heart? Bad luck? Watch these guys!!!!

Interview Question – None, just questions about me.   Answer Question

Worked for Raymour & Flanigan? Contribute to the Community!