Raymour & Flanigan

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in July 2014.

I had a total of 4 interviews; Two the same day with a showroom manager and the store manager, then one the following week with a different store manager, and finally a couple days later with the Regional Manager. The process was quick and simple. Everyone seemed to like me so the interviews were quick and not too in depth. I was offered a position on the spot and the regional manager gave me a link to send to my references to fill out a quick online survey about me, which I did and had my references complete within 48 hours like he requested. He then called me with a couple follow up questions and then accused me of completing all 5 reference checks myself (which I'm not stupid enough to do). I told him that he should feel free to call my references since I gave him all of their phone numbers as well to speak to them directly and ask them any follow up questions that he might have. None of my references were called, and I never heard from him again. (nor did he return any of my phone calls). All of my interviews were great with seemingly nice and supportive people, but then I was told my reference checks IP addresses were all the same (meaning they supposedly came from the same computer).

I also submitted my resume online for a Showroom Manager position since I've always been in retail management and when I went to the interview they told me that the interview was for a sales position that could lead to management (despite the fact that the title of the position advertised was a management position).

Interview Questions
    • All my interviews basically were the managers talking about the position and requirements needed to fill that position. I was really only ever asked 2 questions:
      1) What Did you do before this/currently?
      and
      2) What do you think of my showroom?

View Answer
    No negotiation.

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Phone interview with recruiter than full interview with store manager

Wasnt any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Applied online and was called the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavior Based Questions. Tell me about time when you....   Answer Question
    No. Negotiation this a 100% commission based job.

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in February 2014.

Seen that they were hiring on indeed.com, applied online, a few days later I received a call from I think the district manager. He asked if I was available to come in that day, I agreed.

The interview was very easy and straight forward. First he explained to me what a backroom associate is and does. Simple interview questions such as Tell me about yourself, Why did you choose Raymour and Flanigan. What are yours greatest strengths, What did you like most about your previous job, what didn't you like about your previous job, If you had any conflicts with any co-workers or etc.. Why should we hire you? After the interview he introduced me to the Supervisor of the department and showed me the backroom.

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

anybody can get hired here

none

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

2 interviews, background check, drug test

none

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

You will be interviewed twice. Dress business professional; no peircings, no unnatural hair color, no dramatic nail color. Do not speak negatively about your prior jobs. Direct conversation in a positive direction about your accomplishments and what your thoughts on customer service are. Remember: When you smile on the phone, it is noticed on the other end and it is important to be cheery.

Interview Questions
    I was called on my phone about 4 hours after my final interview. I was offered a decent hourly wage and asked when my starting date could be. There was is no negotiation; it is what it is. Take it or leave it.

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in September 2012.

Interviews were held at the store during the week. I spent an hour with the Store Manager. After that, there was a 2 week process that we were told she was interviewing others. An employee from corporate called to hire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakhurst, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in October 2011.

The initial contact was with the on-staff recruiter by phone, who invited me in for an interview for the next day. Everything seemed to be going well, since he then asked me to be interviewed by the Store Manager. I definitely felt that the manager was friendly, but he did not seem to ask many good questions. I was then turned over to the Showroom Manager to meet with him. During this interview, I sensed that this manager was a little tired of this part of his job. However, I was told that I was to be interviewed by the Regional Sales Manager for the area, but that the interview would take place at another store. The interview was scheduled for the next day and was over an hour away. I was told that the Regional Sales Manager liked muted earth tones, so I wore my brown suit, rather than my traditional navy. I walked into the interview, only to find the Regional Sales Manager wearing a blue suit! After another hour interview, he told me that I would go through to the next stage, where all four men were to discuss my candidacy. What a commotion!

Interview Questions
    • Who was the most difficult person to do business with and how did you diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in May 2011.

Took 3 weeks to get the final job offer

Interview Questions
    • why you think you ll be goos sales candidate for our company   View Answer

My curent job has better working hours