Raymour & Flanigan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Norwalk, CT).

Interview

quick , basic interview. Basically if you are willing to work the hours, are well spoken and smile a lot you're in. Make sure you are well dressed as you will haave to wear a suit everyday and your interviewers will be dressed like that. and you dont want to feel underdressed

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process, I had to speak first to a recruiter, then to sales manager, then to regional sales director. Hair follicle testing, then background check which all turned out fine. Entire process took about 2 weeks and multiple hours of time. Make sure if you really want the job you dress to the nines and go into the interview with a confident and upbeat attitude.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important quality of a successful sales person?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online - Sales Recruiter contacted me a few days later. Simple screening questions on phone and led to a face to face interview with that recruiter. Completed 25 minute interview and was told I would get a call from Hiring Manger to another interview. Was told interview process is kinda lengthily with multiple interviews and other tasks required. They were not kidding! Recruiter, Store Manager, Regional and Trainer. All in all two weeks, plus a reference check. Honestly way to long of a process.

Interview Questions

• Some basic sales questions but he really asked me more about what I like about this job and what I can bring to the company to make myself and company successful. Really seemed like he was more interested if I was the right fit for the current staff. My background and resume is extensive with this industry so I think he knew not to ask all those types of sales questions. Ask me how I build positive relationships with my current customers, stuff like that....   1 Answer

Environmental Health and Safety Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Very well thought out. It was an initial screening by one of the regional directors followed a week later by a round robin interview of four other directors each allocated 30 minutes to interview myself and about 6 others each to a separate room. Never seen anything like it but it was simply brilliant.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via email regarding the position and set up an appointment for an interview. This was almost 2 weeks ago. I am assuming I have not been hired as they have not even emailed or called to let me know one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• Interview was typical. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Buffalo, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews; Two the same day with a showroom manager and the store manager, then one the following week with a different store manager, and finally a couple days later with the Regional Manager. The process was quick and simple. Everyone seemed to like me so the interviews were quick and not too in depth. I was offered a position on the spot and the regional manager gave me a link to send to my references to fill out a quick online survey about me, which I did and had my references complete within 48 hours like he requested. He then called me with a couple follow up questions and then accused me of completing all 5 reference checks myself (which I'm not stupid enough to do). I told him that he should feel free to call my references since I gave him all of their phone numbers as well to speak to them directly and ask them any follow up questions that he might have. None of my references were called, and I never heard from him again. (nor did he return any of my phone calls). All of my interviews were great with seemingly nice and supportive people, but then I was told my reference checks IP addresses were all the same (meaning they supposedly came from the same computer). I also submitted my resume online for a Showroom Manager position since I've always been in retail management and when I went to the interview they told me that the interview was for a sales position that could lead to management (despite the fact that the title of the position advertised was a management position).

Interview Questions

• All my interviews basically were the managers talking about the position and requirements needed to fill that position. I was really only ever asked 2 questions: 1) What Did you do before this/currently? and 2) What do you think of my showroom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Care Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview

Got phone call from recruiter. Interviewed with regional manager for over an hour and then VP for approx 30min. Got offered job. Had to take drug test and background check before I could start.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing I would change about my current manager   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate.

Home Furnishings Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter than full interview with store manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Wasnt any.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online and was called the next day.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavior Based Questions. Tell me about time when you....   Answer Question

Negotiation

No. Negotiation this a 100% commission based job.

Backroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Raymour & Flanigan (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Seen that they were hiring on indeed.com, applied online, a few days later I received a call from I think the district manager. He asked if I was available to come in that day, I agreed. The interview was very easy and straight forward. First he explained to me what a backroom associate is and does. Simple interview questions such as Tell me about yourself, Why did you choose Raymour and Flanigan. What are yours greatest strengths, What did you like most about your previous job, what didn't you like about your previous job, If you had any conflicts with any co-workers or etc.. Why should we hire you? After the interview he introduced me to the Supervisor of the department and showed me the backroom.