Raymour & Flanigan

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in January 2010.

Interview Details – You will interview with a recruiter after submitting your resume for review. Once you go through this process you will interview with a store manager, an assistant manager and possibly the regional manager. The company does do a back ground check and a drug test through hair analysis. Upon succesfully passing both inquiries you will be sent to train for a total of two weeks.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is absolutely no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Phillipsburg, NJ

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in July 2010.

Interview Details – General sales questions..are you comfortable in a sales position
what do you consider good customer service
what experience do you have that makes you think you would be good at this job
why did you pick Raymour and Flanigan

Interview Question – none where difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase

Manchester, CT

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in March 2011.

Interview Details – There were three interviews:
* Regional Recruiter
* Store Manager
* V.P. Regional Sales Manager
I was very excited about the interview process and the opportunity of working at R&F because I been working in the furniture industry for about 4 years.I was first contacted by a store manager who worked in a different location whom hired me to work there a little less than a year ago but i couldn't accept it that time.I really must of made an great impression on that manager for her to contact me 10 months later. So i thought i was a shoe in for the position when they contact me again with out me applying for the job.Boy was i wrong i went though interview after interview, three in total lasting a little over a month. They finally offered me the position 5 days after my last interview.Took a hair drug test that same day and background check which also took a week and a half to come back.All and i went well but the interview process was just to long and very nerve wracking. I am very qualified in furniture sales a very good track recorded over 4 years.I could see how this could be turn off to some more qualified applicants and seen as unorganized. In closing i would give them the benefit of the doubt that this is a busy company with lots going on and i'm happy with turn and very excited about working here.

The only advice i would give need interviewee is to be patient because this company is only looking for best people who are the right fit for the job and company. Also don't forget to dress for success.

Interview Questions

Johnson City, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in January 2011.

Interview Details – I went in for an interview after getting called about a sales position. After discussing the fact that sales jobs are "saturated" at this store I was told about a part time job there working ten hours a week as a warehouse worker. Although I have no experience in sales I feel like with two college degrees I can do better than that. Although both interviewers seemed friendly I had the impression that it was bait and switch. I didn't go to college to work ten hours a week in a warehouse two days out of the week with no benefits. Quite frankly, I wasn't amused.

Interview Question – Tell me about your previous work experience at the previous furniture store you worked for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Although I wasn't offered the warehouse position i'm quite sure I could have gotten it. I felt like the whole interview was a waste of my time and certainly I can do better than this. With the local economy in shambles and job opportunities offered to me down in the carolinas in which I can actually use my degrees I figure a move somewhere more prosperous would be a good choice rather than trying to work my way up through the ranks of Raymour and Flanigan.

Jamestown, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in November 2010.

Interview Details – Went in for the initial interview today after receiving a phone call and brief phone interview a few days ago. Phone interview was very informal with just a few questions.
First interview I had was with a Store Manager and a Corporate VP.
Interview was very detailed: Lots of Questions about background,motivation, sales tactics and personality.
Made a few veiled comments about first year wage expectations. they say 35-40k first year.
Very Forward in answering my questions and concerns.
Seems like the company is looking to grow and the people are very competitive in-store and between stores.
Should have second interview in a few days. VP explained that they weren't necessarily going to hire me in the store i interviewd as there are positions open in other locations and might fit my want to move into management better.
 Was told that next steps would be second interview and extensive background check and drug test done by hair follicle .

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing in my career that i can consider my greatest acheivement or something I could hang my hat on?   Answer Question
  • Why am i better than the other 300 people they have applications for this position?   Answer Question

Johnson City, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raymour & Flanigan in July 2010.

Interview Details – it was awsome they were very friendly and willing to help people succeed. they are looking for eager people looking to advance in to a great career

Interview Question – why do you think we should consider you for this job   View Answer

Negotiation Details – do go to the interview thinking you have the job. make sure you ask a ton of great questions.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raymour & Flanigan

Worked for Raymour & Flanigan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raymour & Flanigan Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raymour & Flanigan employees and interview candidates.