Rayonier

www.rayonier.com
  www.rayonier.com

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rayonier

Various Interview

First interview with Rayonier – non H.R. personnel sent to interview. After 20 minutes of asking all the questions, the individuals at the interview finally opened up with “they didn’t know what they were looking for”. Ended up working for a different department but the same ideal - “don’t know what we’re looking for”.
    Ensuing interviews actually laid out demands, good questions, and direction; another yielded no one asking questions nor looking you in the eyes when they talked. Interviewers were interested in other distractions; same as first.
    Don’t negotiate more vacation; you’ll never get to use it (unless crony/nepo). Try for more salary.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate for more salary, not leave time (you'll probably not be able to use it).

Process Control Engineer Interview

Received an interview from on-campus recruiting, interview was the next day. Lasted 30 minutes and was with a panel of 3 people, 2 engineers and an HR representative

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernandina Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fernandina Beach, FL

interviewed at Rayonier in December 2010.

first interview was one on one with the hiring manager. Second interview was with a panel of all the company's department heads.

I was made an offer which I thought was low. They countered with a signing bonus and I accepterd

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jesup, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jesup, GA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rayonier in June 2010.

Submitted application on line, was called for a phone interview from an outside agency that pre-screened based on your skill set, then set up interviews. Interviews were for several administrative jobs within a few departments so there were several group interviews.

When i arrived they had moved my interview time, but failed to tell me so I had to wait in the lobby which was very cold and univiting. The group interviews - each person from the group asked a question and then at the end was given time to ask the group questions.

Interview Questions
    • How in the past have you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized and keep tasks on track   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, I was told this was a great way to get into the company and that there would be lots of chances to move up. I believe if you were interviewed for a high level position and had industry experience you might be able to negotiate more. I had heard others got more vacation and some relocation reimbursement.