Raytheon BBN Technologies

Updated Nov 18, 2014
Updated Nov 18, 2014

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

The interview process is very long. There is of course a phone interview then two separate interviews. These interviews were all day with various individuals on a one on one basis. Offer letter came 5 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If my years in financial analysis have gotten in the way of seeing a business as a whole rather than just numbers.   Answer Question
    Don't under estimate your value.

Quantum Physical Systems Thoerist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies in August 2014.

One of the group members contacted my by email for phone interview after month of my application. Then, I have been invited for in person interview. Presented a seminar for 45 minutes and some questions during and after the talk. I met almost all group members for one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not really. But the people are not enthusiastic.   View Answer

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies in August 2014.

Phone interview was ridiculous - 90 minutes of programming, math, engineering and cognitive science questions (as related to NLP). Interviewer literally made me write code over the phone! I would have been screwed if I didn't have google open as I was answering his questions.

After you pass the phone interview, you better have some code samples ready to send over. Once the code samples have been approved, they invite you for an on site interview that is also very technical (in addition to interviews with management/HR people) - lasts about 4-5 hours total.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 2 points with x, y, z coordinates, how do you determine if coplanar?   View Answer

Software Engineer Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

Was more casual than most interviews, first had a phone interview where they asked about my background and when I would like to appear for the interview. The next was onsite where I was interviewed by 4-5 people and had to do an hour long presentation. Overall the interview went fairly well and everybody were extremely friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any specific questions, the interview was more on my background and getting to know the company well.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

Standard interview. Talked with four people, some remote, some onsite. Good bunch of people. Not a lot of questions. specialized skill set, so cannot really talk to this much more

offer was generous, no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

The initial communications was a bit spotty but over all ended up working. I was told to come in, but not what I was in for (time it will take, how many people, etc).

I was taken up to HR and given a primer on the company. Not terribly useful as I had already learned most of it (it being the reason I applied in the first place).

I was then taken to about 3 different divisions and given an interview with one or two people at each. Over all the entire process took the entire day. Not unusual, but some warning would have been appreciated.

Overall the interview process was fairly typical for a software job, however looking back it was a bit intense for an entry level job. But I cannot fault them for wanting a more serious atmosphere. Not a hard interview, but lengthy.

For questions: there were no puzzles, just technical questions and review of prior work I had done independently and during summers in college.

Interview Questions
    • Raster ordering for images. Not difficult, just unexpected. I honestly was expecting something more involved since I was going after a vision related position.   View Answer

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

I had a phone interview, followed by an all-day in-person 1-1 interviews with 8 people (including one HR person in the morning).

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were about work I had done in my PhD, what kind of work I wanted to do going forward, business cases I saw in moving my work forward. They tried to gauge if I was truly motivated by what I do, and whether I saw the practical end-goals and business potential for sub-areas within my field of expertise.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate my salary offer, except for a relocation fee which they immediately accepted.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

The process began with a short phone screen with the hiring manager, discussing my resume, the position, and the group.

They scheduled an onsite visit, putting me up in a nearby hotel the night before. The interview was about 5 hours in total, speaking individually with different team members.

Interview questions ranged from talking about past research to basic FizzBuzz-type software-coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • A detailed question about some research I'd done 9 years ago. (The research was relevant to the position, so this was not a surprising avenue of questioning.)   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies in April 2013.

almost asking about former experiences and projects that relating to the positions. Not too much tech question but ask for research experience. Met 4 engineers/scientists and 1 HR at onsite

Scientist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Raytheon BBN Technologies.

1 phone interview and then onsite.

Interview Questions
    • pretty standard, more about my research and te way you think about problems.   Answer Question