Raytheon Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Aug 23, 2015

2.6

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I had two sets of interviews, both with two people at a time. They asked me about my interests and what work I had done previously, and described their team and what sort of work they do.

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Marlborough, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview with Department Manager, Chief Engineer, another Section Manager, and another Department Manager in person on location. Two sets of interviews with two persons each. Initial contact was telephonically and merely confirmed the in person schedule. After the in person interview, HR contacted me for follow up interview to complete logistics impact of position.

Interview Questions

• What I hoped to gain from position. My experience with programs being supported. My Management Style. How I deal with difficult employees.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

A week before the scheduled interview I emailed the recruiter who set it up asking why I had not received any details about the interview. The next day I sent another email asking the same thing since I did not get a response. The recruiter finally answered that there was no interview but she would recheck to see what was really happening. At the end of the day I received a phone call from an embarrassed recruiter saying that the interview was actually on and that she was sorry for the mixup. The day of the interview there was a presentation of the company benefits. Then I had three separate interviews. Each was a relaxed conversational interview. Each one said that my background was exactly what they were looking for. At the end, after several remarks about my age, I was told that I was overqualified.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and was contacted by the hiring manager 2 weeks later to schedule an interview. Three days after the hiring manager's initial call, I interviewed in person with the Program Manager and her team. I first met with her team members, who told me that they really needed someone to help their manager, who's exhausting herself by taking on additional administrative duties for the past 2 years. I understood their situation, and tailored my answers to show them that I can provide the assistance needed to support her and their team. After speaking with them for about an hour, I met with the Program Manager; my meeting with her felt more like two people having a conversation, which was refreshing. It's not everyday that an instant rapport happens between two people, yet that's what took place during our interview. I understood why she took this tactic to interview me, as the person chosen will need to work closely with her. My interview was on a Thursday, and I received an offer over the phone the following Tuesday. The process was VERY quick.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had to learn a process quickly in your job?   Answer Question

Information Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA).

Interview

Slow and haphazard. RTN HR (at the time) was not putting its best face forward. Web based process was less than intuitive. Getting a person to speak to you was difficult, until the time they reach out an call you. Phone screened, then sat with HR rep, then two individuals...none super impressive.

Interview Questions

• Very basic knowledge questions, ones I'd have expected to be asked to a much junior person, not one with decades of experience. Made me question the depth of knowledge of the interviewer(s).   Answer Question

Senior Program Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with HR on the phone, and in person interview with a few team leads. It took about a week to hear back. Interview had normal questions, no real surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions

• No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tewksbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tewksbury, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career center and was notified within two weeks regarding the interview selection. Was greeted onsite by a current employee in the program, and was then taken into the interview which was with five executives simultaneously. Although you were forced to interview with multiple executives, they ensured that you felt comfortable throughout the process.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Burlington, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Recruiter arranges phone interview with a member of the UX/UI team. This was for a contract position with the digital media group. Team member was very personable and I enjoyed speaking with him. Asked for links to web sites I had built and online portfolio. Wanted to know what I used to build sites. They use Notepad++.

Temporary File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Raytheon (Woburn, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency for a temp file position. That 3rd party contacted me a few days later if I applied and stated Raytheon wants a interview with me. The ambiance was one of professionalism. My interviewer was very easy to talk to and her questions weren't particularly hard. She just asked about my work history and the skills I utilized there. She also discussed what the work environment was going to be like for the candidate to be hired and the expectations.

Interview Questions

• The interview process was pretty straightforward where she basically just said, "Tell me about yourself" aka tell me about your work experiences and that was pretty much it.   1 Answer

The reason why I declined is not because I didn't want the job, but after consideration, I didn't think it was best to leave my permanent job for a temporary one, despite having interned for Raytheon in the past; and they are a good company. More over, I decided to progress my job search something more in line with the skills I will need to market once I graduate college.