Raytheon

2.6

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2014.

I applied for the position online on September 30th, and received a call almost a month later from the Source Manager of the team. Our conversation was very brief: she asked me about my experience as an Administrative Specialist, my past positions on an Air Force base, and what rate I was looking for regarding compensation. She ended our call by telling me that she would pass my resume on to the managers who are looking to fill the position. On the same day, I received a follow-up call from the Executive Assistant of the program, who wanted to schedule an interview with me. A week later, I met with the Director and Program Manager for the program. I interviewed first with the Director, who was very honest about the intense, dynamic nature of the role, and asked me for specific examples about my administrative experience, which I gave her. Overall, I felt that I had a good rapport with her. In my second interview, I spoke with the Program Manger, who I would be supporting directly. He was the polar opposite of the Director: very laid back. He confessed that he'd been too busy to thoroughly read my resume, so we went over it together. He explained the nature of the position, and what type of administrative support was needed. I could tell that he needed some help organizing his business affairs, so I posed any questions I had in terms of how I could help him and his team. He seemed interested about what I had to say, and I left feeling pretty good about my chances of getting an offer. I could see how busy the team was when I walked into the area, so I knew I wouldn't be hearing back right away. On my way out, I heard that they were going to interview 2 more candidates, which made sense. When I reached out to the Sourcing Manager a week later by email, I didn't receive a response. A few days later, I called her directly for a follow-up. She explained that they were still interviewing and the managers were very busy traveling; she also said she emailed me back, but I never got the message. It's been almost a month since my interview, and I've heard nothing from her or the company, which is frustrating. However, it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were pretty standard, nothing difficult   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in July 2014.

Recruiter arranges phone interview with a member of the UX/UI team. This was for a contract position with the digital media group. Team member was very personable and I enjoyed speaking with him. Asked for links to web sites I had built and online portfolio. Wanted to know what I used to build sites. They use Notepad++.

Temporary File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

I applied online through a staffing agency for a temp file position. That 3rd party contacted me a few days later if I applied and stated Raytheon wants a interview with me. The ambiance was one of professionalism. My interviewer was very easy to talk to and her questions weren't particularly hard. She just asked about my work history and the skills I utilized there. She also discussed what the work environment was going to be like for the candidate to be hired and the expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was pretty straightforward where she basically just said, "Tell me about yourself" aka tell me about your work experiences and that was pretty much it.   View Answer

The reason why I declined is not because I didn't want the job, but after consideration, I didn't think it was best to leave my permanent job for a temporary one, despite having interned for Raytheon in the past; and they are a good company. More over, I decided to progress my job search something more in line with the skills I will need to market once I graduate college.

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

HR pre-screen. day long 1 on 1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    HR would not budge on negotiating. I almost declined the offer based simply on their unwillingness to compromise on anything at all. This HR experience was probably the most negative part of my time there to date.

Materials Program Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in August 2013.

Applied on-line thru Raytheon site; 1 week later I received a phone call from HR asking if I would be able to come in the following week for an interview.
    I met with the hiring manager and then with the 2nd line manager. No trick questions; pretty straightforward. It appeared the 2nd line manager was looking for a bit more than the job description or hiring manager mentioned. A professional experience however.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in July 2013.

Initially, they get back to you in acceptable time. Then, it all goes south. They drag on the process for weeks. First, having the post internal, then saying they have to post externally. It's a good month before the interviews start. First, it's a phone interview. It's pretty straight forward. If you get a second, in person, interview, the person rarely seems interested. Like they are on a time crunch to get in so many people an hour. Overall, they don't really spend time answering your questions. They just say that they are good questions, provide a stock meaningless answers and then thank you for your time. It'll be another several weeks before you hear if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Usually, they ask experience based questions. "Tell me how you handled this situation...." This time I was asked how I handled a situation where I had to improve a process and, as quickly as possible, what are the steps I took and what was the result. If you didn't succeed, don't bother using that example. It will automatically look poorly on you.   Answer Question

FA II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2013.

Received a call just 2 wks after submitting application and schedule an in person interview for the next week. Hiring manager covered all the bases and did an excellent interview.

Interview Questions
    • The online application - it is extremely detailed and you must fill in every cell or you cannot submit it. Once submitted, you cannot go back and you get disconnected when you call the number you are given for questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2013.

Applied online via company website, and received a phone call two weeks later from an talent acquisition person to schedule an interview. Drove to the interview two days later.

**One quick tip about the interview before I comment further: This Raytheon office (and many others) has no dress code and everyone dresses EXTREMELY casually. Going in wearing a full suit will make you look silly. Now that I work here, we all laugh at the people on interviews when they come in. A nice blazer with a simple oxford shirt, wool tie, slacks, and semi-formal oxford shoes looks polished without looking like you're out of place. Most people will assume you're a contractor, and not an interviewee.

The interview itself was onsite, with one technical director, and another department head, both in their respective offices. (I later learned that I would be working for neither; the people whom you interview with are peers of people that you WILL be working with. This way there is no bias, and a fair assessment of you and your qualifications). Upon entering the building, you will be escorted everywhere. This isn't odd when you really think about it due to the sensitive nature of the stuff that goes on here, and its a big building and easy for someone to "wander off" in. If you get hired, you'll hear all about ITAR/EAR training, and this whole escort process will make a lot more sense.

By far the strangest interview I have ever been on, mostly due to the fact that there were almost zero questions. The interview opened up with a brief introduction to what the department did and some examples of work. Then moved on to just going over my resume, with limited questions. Discussed what I liked in school, and my projected area of expertise (controls). Some more basic questions about classes, if I knew any coding languages (specifically C), but overall no technical questions, just interest in what I have done/will do.

Moved on after that interview to take a tour through some of the labs in the building, and then went to the second interview. This wasn't so much of an interview as the engineer just telling me what he did, what projects hes worked on, what systems engineers do at Raytheon, and where I would be fitting in to the mix. It basically felt like an orientation.

I was then escorted out, and told I would be contacted in a few weeks. Ironically I left feeling like they had already hired someone, and they were just going through the motions. Alas, a week later I got a call from a representative with an offer package, and subsequently a request for a drug test and a background check.

Started working about 3.5 weeks after the interview process started.

Interview Questions
    • What is/was the work that you're most proud of?   View Answer
    Since I'm an intern there was no negotiation (happy to be employed!). The compensation was more than enough

According to coworkers, Raytheon typically pays more than competitors, but as I've seen, advances at a slower rate. This is because Raytheon is one of the few career companies left. Once you're in and you perform well, they're looking to keep you around; they're not going to just dump you at the termination of a contract, unless you are bad at your job.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in April 2013.

12 or so candidates were brought together and taken a few at a time to interview. Total session included an info session about benefits at Raytheon and then two individual interviews each. The rest of the time we just relaxed in a big conference room with two hiring managers. The strangest part I would say was that we had to be "watched" the whole time, so even if we had to use the restroom, someone had to accompany us.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give a boss bad news.   View Answer