Raytheon Interview Questions in El Segundo, CA

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.5

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

The process starts with a phone call where they go over the details of your resume, if they like you you are then invited to come to their campus for a few hours of interviews. I had three interviews that day, which were 70% about my project and internship experience and the rest behavioral. They got back to me within 3 days with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Did ask some basic programming questions, ex. Have you ever used UML?   View Answer
    Currently in the negotiation phase

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer II (E04) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in July 2014.

The phone intinterviews long. Schedule is for 30m but took an hour and a half.

In person interview was short 1.5 hours. Individually met with people then met with as a group. This wasn't really beneficial because I ended up repeating myself constantly.

Interview Questions
    • What difficult team or personal conflicts have you had to work through?   Answer Question
    • What systems engineering experience do you have?   Answer Question
    I was not good. They offered me the same salary as my last job which was in a lower standard of living city. I negotiated more plus reloaded and a bonus but I went away still feeling under paid.

PDT Electro-Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

I just had an email stating the interview information. One month after interview they called and offered the job and compensation which I accepted without hesitation. Two more months I started working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult just a casual questions about previous experienced.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the offer is the biggest offered I ever had.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2014.

HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

Instrument Tech Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Raytheon.

Call on the phone to set up interview

Interview Questions
    it it fits your specific needs.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2013.

Got an email from a recruiter at the company after having submitted an application several weeks prior. I was asked to provide a few examples of my work from previous internships and/or school projects that might be relevant to the position. I basically put together a portfolio and sent that over. I got a call about 3 weeks later from a different recruiter. We set up an interview for the following week where I met with 3 managers. The interviews were very relaxed and conversational. They had looked over the work experiences and asked me basically to describe those experiences in more detail, with maybe a few questions thrown in. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I was told I should hear back in about 3 weeks, and ended up getting an offer after about 4 weeks.

Non-negotiable offer

Multi-Discipline Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

The interview process was very unprofessional in my opinion. The recruiter asked me if I was interested in a particular position after I had an interview with the company that went well. For the next two months, the recruiters communicated with me about setting up another interview that never happened.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you were a leader of a group and had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in April 2013.

I applied for some positions with Raytheon and was called about possible other positions from people looking at my resume. I had an initial phgentlemen on the call. I was then asked to come out for a site interview. I had a series of with lasting roughly . Everyand happily candid about what they do and what they liked or didn't like about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work for a defense contractor? Why don't I want to go work for a wind energy company or do some work that doesn't lead to the ability to kill people or destroy things.   Answer Question

TechStudent Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

I just applied online. I received a response and a phone interview was scheduled a few weeks after applying online. The interviewers were very friendly over the phone and they seemed to be very interested in me.

It's been about 2 months and I have not heard back. I'm assuming I they are not interested in me.

Interview Questions
    • Really generic interview questions. Look them up on Google, they didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. And few questions regarding my experience listed on my resume.   Answer Question