Raytheon

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

Interview Details – Three one hour interviews each by an engineer from a different department. Questions where both behavioral and technical. Tell us about a project you worked on were things did not go as planned? Technical questions were very basic, What does SNR stand for?

Interview Question – Tell us about a project you worked on were things did not go as planned?
What does SNR stand for?
  Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in September 2009.

Interview Details – Went through a hiring event.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I declined the first offer and they came back with 10K higher

Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

Interview Details – The first half of the onsite interview was show and tell for the company. They discussed in more detail what Raytheon, benefits packages, etc. The second half of the day was a series of interviews (3-4 total) that were performed by the different groups/organizations in which we might be working. Some of these were one-on-one and others were panel (up to 3). Almost all of the questions were behavioral in nature.

Interview Question – All the questions very behavioral in nature. I.E. - tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult situation when working on a team. What did you do to resolve the issues/situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a little bit, only to the point that they were within $1k of my highest other offer.

Farmington, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had phone interview at first and after 2-3 weeks I heard from them. They wanted to scheduled face to face interview. They paid all the expenses for the trip.
Interview was Group/ Panel interview consisting for HR person, Engineer and Plant supervisor. Interview was only about behavioral questions. Not a single technical question was asked.

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – First had a phone interview with manager and two workers. Next had a face to face interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2011.

Interview Details – i had applied through a job fair and received a call 1 month after. The interviewer asked me if i am still interested in the position. Which i responded positively even though i was already employed by another employer. so he went through screening questions, then gave me the job ID number and asked me to go online and applied. which i did, he called me again and gave me a number that i should call for more directive.

i never called that number

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the interview through my university's career center website. They chose the interviewees based on their resumes. I signed up for a 30 minute time slot. My interviewer was a systems engineer. The interview consisted of 4 behavioral questions. After the interview, he said that the results of the interview would be added to my profile on their company career website. It was not an interview for a specific position. I then applied online through their website and was contacted a week later by a human resources representative asking me to submit my transcripts and examples of my work to forward to a hiring manager. I suspect they will call me back for an additional interview for the specific position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Describe the technical aspects of projects you have worked on.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you went above and beyond the tasks that were assigned to you.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon Electrical Engineer interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.