Raytheon

2.9

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

This is confusing. I haven't indicated that I interviewed Raytheon recently, but am getting these interviewing questions. I interviewed Raytheon in Huntsville, AL in 2005, but the pull down menu below only goes to 2010. I've been working for the company for many years and recently retired.

Interview Questions
  • I don't remember having any difficult questions. The people I met with were familiar with my work and knew what they were getting.   Answer Question
They offered and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Raytheon.

Was referred by a friend.
    Had phone screen, then an in person interview with 1-2 managers.
    Was offered a position 3 weeks later, with no follow up interviews or questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any particularly difficult questions. Was not an overly technical interview, focused more on experience.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in April 2011.

3 basic behavioral interview questions, asking about diversity, technical, and leadership qualities. Very easy but also preliminary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, RI

interviewed at Raytheon in May 2010.

Got recommended to apply for a job through a friend who already works there. Initial interview was over a phone. Among questions asked were regarding relevant experience, skils and abilities, knowledge of software languages, tools, etc. After initial interview, I was asked for in person formal interview. There were three interviewers at the same time. Questions were more or less similar to what was asked during the phone interview. Afterwards, there was a questionnaire that had to be completed. The questionnaire focused on technical skills and abilities related to the duties of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Had an on campus interview with three behavioral questions. They asked what I want to work on and where I want to go, from that I suppose the HR from Boston called me up. They pulled all the stops for a fancy 2 day hiring event. I was flown first class, stayed at a fancy hotel on the harbor and fed fine dining. There was a networking dinner with hiring managers which was beneficial in getting to talk to people, but was a mess because all the people at the event were not properly accomodated (place to sit, not enough room, finger foods). Interviews were preset and went by like a breeze; just like a conversation where they asked questions about the resume and work interests. The interviewers were neutral and no feedback on available positions.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2009.

I'm actually still in the interviewing process, so I can't say I have or have not gotten an offer as I'm waiting for the next step. They came out to my university for a job fair and info session. The info they presented at the info session really made me want to work for them, so I got an interview the next day. The recruiter was very nice, she basically asked me questions from my resume (i.e. what I did when I worked at certain jobs, etc). The time flew. Pretty much, you they ask about your work experiences and then where you would like to work, etc. Nice interview.

Interview Questions
    • Which positions have you applied for with Raytheon (they ask you to apply for some positions before the interview so that you can provide them with the job numbers)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2009.

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview with managers and peers. Took a detailed tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. The atmosphere was very relaxed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2009.

The hiring process was terrible. I should have taken that has a hint and never taken the position. They offered me the lowest salary they could. I was from out of town and the only time I saw someone was during my interview. They never offered me a hello when I got to my hotel or anything. Those were the worst two days of my life and it was even over Mother's Day weekend!

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any. I could either take the low salary or decline the offer. They made no attempt at negotiation.

Have an honest resume

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in September 2011.

Applied through university, behavorial interview, research the company