Raytheon Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of four people. After the interview, one of the interviewers showed me around their labs and introduced me to the team members. We have lunch afterwards and couple more questions to wrap things up.

Interview Questions

• They walked through the resume and ask common interview questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in February 2015.

Interview

I visited them during a career fair on campus. They told me to apply online and to the university recruiting site. After this process, I was invited for an interview on campus. The whole process was very quick, and after the on campus interview the information was passed to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you react to a disagreement when working in a group? Describe a time when you went beyond the specification a project.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited through on campus career fair. I spoke to a recruiter and within a week I received a request for an interview on campus. Very straightforward interview, no difficult questions. Interview was non-technical, instead was centered around leadership experience and problem solving. The interviewer was very professional and nice, and was an actual engineer at the company, not someone from HR. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had a conflict in a team setting and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

This is confusing. I haven't indicated that I interviewed Raytheon recently, but am getting these interviewing questions. I interviewed Raytheon in Huntsville, AL in 2005, but the pull down menu below only goes to 2010. I've been working for the company for many years and recently retired.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember having any difficult questions. The people I met with were familiar with my work and knew what they were getting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered and I accepted.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Had phone screen, then an in person interview with 1-2 managers. Was offered a position 3 weeks later, with no follow up interviews or questions.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall any particularly difficult questions. Was not an overly technical interview, focused more on experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

3 basic behavioral interview questions, asking about diversity, technical, and leadership qualities. Very easy but also preliminary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, RI

Application

interviewed at Raytheon (Portsmouth, RI) in May 2010.

Interview

Got recommended to apply for a job through a friend who already works there. Initial interview was over a phone. Among questions asked were regarding relevant experience, skils and abilities, knowledge of software languages, tools, etc. After initial interview, I was asked for in person formal interview. There were three interviewers at the same time. Questions were more or less similar to what was asked during the phone interview. Afterwards, there was a questionnaire that had to be completed. The questionnaire focused on technical skills and abilities related to the duties of the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

Had an on campus interview with three behavioral questions. They asked what I want to work on and where I want to go, from that I suppose the HR from Boston called me up. They pulled all the stops for a fancy 2 day hiring event. I was flown first class, stayed at a fancy hotel on the harbor and fed fine dining. There was a networking dinner with hiring managers which was beneficial in getting to talk to people, but was a mess because all the people at the event were not properly accomodated (place to sit, not enough room, finger foods). Interviews were preset and went by like a breeze; just like a conversation where they asked questions about the resume and work interests. The interviewers were neutral and no feedback on available positions.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2009.

Interview

I'm actually still in the interviewing process, so I can't say I have or have not gotten an offer as I'm waiting for the next step. They came out to my university for a job fair and info session. The info they presented at the info session really made me want to work for them, so I got an interview the next day. The recruiter was very nice, she basically asked me questions from my resume (i.e. what I did when I worked at certain jobs, etc). The time flew. Pretty much, you they ask about your work experiences and then where you would like to work, etc. Nice interview.

Interview Questions

• Which positions have you applied for with Raytheon (they ask you to apply for some positions before the interview so that you can provide them with the job numbers)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DFW, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (DFW, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by in person interview with managers and peers. Took a detailed tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. The atmosphere was very relaxed.   Answer Question