Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Forest, MS

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted over a month later via a phone call. Set up a phone interview with the local hiring manager. Had a very easygoing chat with the gentleman who only had a few questions about my resume. No behavioral questions were asked. He offered plenty of helpfull information about the location and job duties.

Interview Question – Please tell me about your resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable offer that was very competitive with the going rate.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Forest, MS

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Classic 2 call system, interview was more like begging us to come here. However, the pay was very low...

Then had a group on site interview and a few 1:1 interviews same day. It however was a bunch of lies to get is in the door. You could tell these folks were absolutely desperate to hire people. They pretty much showed me the money for a year and then it was time to go.

The interviewers were clueless, and had no idea what the Kirchhoff law is... one of them didn't even know Ohms law! So the interview was a piece of cake! I could have said that a transistor radio is made using 5 transistors and a flux capacitor and I was in!

Interview Question – Can you use a network analyzer? a spectrum analyzer?
How does a radio work?
What does an antenna do?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Basically, I was offered 90k plus 30k relocation/bonus. So I knew after the year to stay not to pay any relocation benefits I was out. It was ok to make 110k that year.

IPT Lead Interview

IPT Lead
Forest, MS

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2011.

Interview Details – Standard hiring practices for defense industry.
One full day interview with managers and co-workers.
Interview was an organized mess.
Dress nicely, get your running shoes and walk away... trust me RUN back to your car, and acknowledge it was a mistake coming all the way here. Or dare to go in for the interview and find out for yourself.
When you walk in you will encounter a huge manufacturing facility. Everyone dressed up in ESD smocks, office area looks very run down, very old. People that work here are mostly out of shape, with bad eating habits. The work culture I was able to see during my interview was one of pointing fingers and not being their fault. So be aware of being the scape goat!

Interview Questions

• 1. Will you have a problem relocating to the Mississippi area?
    2. Well a lot of people have a hard time adjusting.
      View Answer
  • Are you single?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was good, they try to give you as much as they can in the relocation package. However, the salary negotiations are VERY WEAK! as they don't pay as much as they should.

Other than that, the advice I would give is let CARTUS relocate you and schedule the move of your household goods. Raytheon then insures all your goods so if anything breaks! You get it 100% covered, no questions asked. They will try to force you to do it yourself but if anything breaks its on you.

That is if you decide to take the Relocation cash... which was nice but takes away your freedom of leaving this place for a year. So be ready to feel like a slave for a year.

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Forest, MS

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2010.

Interview Details – They totally run the bait and switch system in Raytheon Forest... who wants to work in Mississippi? Only locals. Anyway... took evergthing w a grain of salt they said x y z and I knew it was a b c. BAIT AND SWITCH. they try to sugar coat it pretty good. If u are desperate and need cash work here other wise be like Forest gum... Run Forest... run from Forest!!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work here in this area or in other areas?   View Answer
  • So do you like to hunt of fish and ride four wheeler's?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was overqualified for the position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon interview questions and advice in Forest, MS. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.