Raytheon

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Multi-Dis Engineer Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for the position and was notified within a week of a telephone interview via E-Mail. The initial telephone interview was fairly straight forward - tell me about yourself, why do you want to leave your current employer. Some discussion on the overall job responsibilities and how I could help them. Received an E-Mail a few days later saying the position was filled with an internal candidate.

Interview Question – How do you handled difficult employees and asked for an example.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2012.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews about 2 weeks apart. There were three people, and the speaker-phone connection was a bit tough to deal with. Basically they had me outline my job history and some school information. Second interview was more of the same with some new people and some from before. The only technical questions were about some of the software experience I had with MATLAB ( B.S. mechanical engineering).

After the second interview, not much happened until I probed with an email about 2 weeks later and they said things were moving slowly, but I was still a candidate. Got a call the next week stating that they "would be making me and offer" hopefully by the next week. Got the call and finally the offer in about 4 weeks after the second interview.

A little slow, but it worked out well with my graduation timing. The interviewers were very friendly and seemed interested in the process.

Interview Question – Tell us about a situation where you have had to handle complex and changing situations   View Answers (2)

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in July 2010.

Interview Details – Ok -- structured interview; not very smooth

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation -- govt work so salary linked to experience, specific skills

Senior Principal Kernel Developer Interview

Huntsville, AL

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2012.

Interview Details – Started out well but got very strange.

They give you 3 non-trivial projects to complete and submit in order to be considered for a face-to-face interview.

Am I back in college?

I have participated in hundreds of professional interviews as both the interviewer and interviewee. I have never seen a organization assign programming projects like this.

I was insulted.

Interview Question – Tell us about your background.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon interview questions and advice in Huntsville, AL. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.