Raytheon

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter through a campus career fair and was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. The interview itself was mostly questions regarding experiences with different team dynamics.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was to explain a time that a group had dissenting views on the solution, and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and was contacted about 3 weeks later. Was interviewed with a talent scout. Pretty ordinary interview. He asked me questions about my resume and some psychological questions. Nothing hard to answer. Things went well and he said he was going to recommend me to the next step of the interview process. I'm looking to hear back from them in the next few weeks or so.

Interview Question – What have I done to go above and beyond the specifications of a project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still waiting to hear back from them.

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – I was offered an HR interview during my university's campus career fair. I have only had an HR interview so far. After this, they assume you have applied online and ask you to forward them the job ids to pursue. They forward their reports to recruiters who contact you, if interested. Most likely, to be followed by a string of phone calls.

Interview Question – No question as such. I was asked all the standard ones like, 1: how would you react in a conflict? 2. How do you do in a team setting? etc   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lawton, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through Rayjobs and was contacted by a recruiter one week later to schedule an interview. None of the office workers were intimidating. I was nervous all on my own. Probably one of the oddest, shortest, and easiest interviews I have ever had. Mainly, the team lead told me the details of the position, what their program was about, etc. Not very many questions were asked except for a few questions about what I did in certain college classes listed on my resume. A question here and there about understanding the concept of corporate identity. Easy stuff. However, I had to push my portfolio in front of the interviewer, because she clearly wasn't going to ask for it. I suppose one thing to remember about interviews is that the interviewer is just as nervous as you. That could have applied here.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected. Just do your homework on the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a "take or leave it" offer.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Dinner with other candidates night before. Whole day interview process, with factory tour and ability to talk to many Raytheon employees.

Interview Question – None - Interviews were very relaxed, they seemed to really want to understand your interests.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – The interview was very easy. I wasn't asked any coding questions. There were three interviewers and they seemed like they had made their decision already that they wanted me on board.

Interview Question – Questions about experiences and past projects.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, one of which was technical. Since I was supposed to do some machine learning work there, I was asked some basic machine learning questions. The interviewer also asked for my publications. No onsite interview.

Interview Question – Discriminative learning vs. generative learning, what's the difference.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at a career fair. Recruiter was able to pass my resume directly to the hiring manager and I got called in for 2 interviews. I didn't get the offer until after 2 months from the last interview.

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very generic questions. Subjects like when did you take initiative in some project, how did you deal with a non cooperative team, etc. Quite easy to prepare for if you think or find generic questions and think of responses. The rep was very helpful though, with a lot of insights into the company itself and the hiring process as a whole.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you showed initiative in project or field.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied via an online form, and was contacted by the employer in a simple phone screen. They asked very general questions such as, what programming languages are you familiar with, and asked me to tell me about myself.

The second interview was via phone, with a hiring manager. He was aware that I knew C, so he asked me questions about embedded programming, about machine instructions, and about computer architecture pertaining to software. He also asked to explain all previous jobs, and basically just let me talk for 10 minutes about my experiences.

Interview Question – Come up with a series of machine instructions (stores, loads, loadvalue, etc.), to perform the task of computing the sum of two integers given 3 registers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, internship salary of 21 an hour. Based on credits.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!