Raytheon

Raytheon Intern Interview Questions

2.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Raytheon.

I met the recruiter through a campus career fair and was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. The interview itself was mostly questions regarding experiences with different team dynamics.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I was to explain a time that a group had dissenting views on the solution, and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Intern Interview

I was offered an HR interview during my university's campus career fair. I have only had an HR interview so far. After this, they assume you have applied online and ask you to forward them the job ids to pursue. They forward their reports to recruiters who contact you, if interested. Most likely, to be followed by a string of phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • No question as such. I was asked all the standard ones like, 1: how would you react in a conflict? 2. How do you do in a team setting? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2013.

Applied through their website and was contacted about 3 weeks later. Was interviewed with a talent scout. Pretty ordinary interview. He asked me questions about my resume and some psychological questions. Nothing hard to answer. Things went well and he said he was going to recommend me to the next step of the interview process. I'm looking to hear back from them in the next few weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • What have I done to go above and beyond the specifications of a project   Answer Question
    Still waiting to hear back from them.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Dinner with other candidates night before. Whole day interview process, with factory tour and ability to talk to many Raytheon employees.

Interview Questions
    • None - Interviews were very relaxed, they seemed to really want to understand your interests.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The interview was very easy. I wasn't asked any coding questions. There were three interviewers and they seemed like they had made their decision already that they wanted me on board.

Intern Interview

Two phone interviews, one of which was technical. Since I was supposed to do some machine learning work there, I was asked some basic machine learning questions. The interviewer also asked for my publications. No onsite interview.

Interview Questions
    • Discriminative learning vs. generative learning, what's the difference.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Met recruiter at a career fair. Recruiter was able to pass my resume directly to the hiring manager and I got called in for 2 interviews. I didn't get the offer until after 2 months from the last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawton, OK

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon in November 2011.

I applied through Rayjobs and was contacted by a recruiter one week later to schedule an interview. None of the office workers were intimidating. I was nervous all on my own. Probably one of the oddest, shortest, and easiest interviews I have ever had. Mainly, the team lead told me the details of the position, what their program was about, etc. Not very many questions were asked except for a few questions about what I did in certain college classes listed on my resume. A question here and there about understanding the concept of corporate identity. Easy stuff. However, I had to push my portfolio in front of the interviewer, because she clearly wasn't going to ask for it. I suppose one thing to remember about interviews is that the interviewer is just as nervous as you. That could have applied here.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really unexpected. Just do your homework on the company.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was a "take or leave it" offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

Very generic questions. Subjects like when did you take initiative in some project, how did you deal with a non cooperative team, etc. Quite easy to prepare for if you think or find generic questions and think of responses. The rep was very helpful though, with a lot of insights into the company itself and the hiring process as a whole.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you showed initiative in project or field.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon in February 2013.

I initially applied via an online form, and was contacted by the employer in a simple phone screen. They asked very general questions such as, what programming languages are you familiar with, and asked me to tell me about myself.

The second interview was via phone, with a hiring manager. He was aware that I knew C, so he asked me questions about embedded programming, about machine instructions, and about computer architecture pertaining to software. He also asked to explain all previous jobs, and basically just let me talk for 10 minutes about my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Come up with a series of machine instructions (stores, loads, loadvalue, etc.), to perform the task of computing the sum of two integers given 3 registers.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable, internship salary of 21 an hour. Based on credits.