Raytheon

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2010.

Interview Details – My interview process took place over the course of a single day and consisted of three one-on-one interviews, each one lasting 10-15 minutes each. The interviews were very laid back and the interviewers were genuinely nice people and easy to talk to. Nobody tried to drill me on my technical knowledge or anything like that, each interviewer basically talked to me about various aspects of my resume and just tried to get to know me as a person.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied via an online form, and was contacted by the employer in a simple phone screen. They asked very general questions such as, what programming languages are you familiar with, and asked me to tell me about myself.

The second interview was via phone, with a hiring manager. He was aware that I knew C, so he asked me questions about embedded programming, about machine instructions, and about computer architecture pertaining to software. He also asked to explain all previous jobs, and basically just let me talk for 10 minutes about my experiences.

Interview Question – Come up with a series of machine instructions (stores, loads, loadvalue, etc.), to perform the task of computing the sum of two integers given 3 registers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable, internship salary of 21 an hour. Based on credits.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at a career fair. Recruiter was able to pass my resume directly to the hiring manager and I got called in for 2 interviews. I didn't get the offer until after 2 months from the last interview.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in September 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was based on 4 personality questions and was 1:1. I was rushed getting to the interview so it did not go very smoothly but the recruiter seemed nice; however, she was slightly intimidating with her note taking procedure and immediate jump into questions without any background information on the position or herself.

Interview Question – Describe a project that you are proud of, and what made it special?   Answer Question

El Segundo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very generic questions. Subjects like when did you take initiative in some project, how did you deal with a non cooperative team, etc. Quite easy to prepare for if you think or find generic questions and think of responses. The rep was very helpful though, with a lot of insights into the company itself and the hiring process as a whole.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you showed initiative in project or field.   Answer Question

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of behavioral questions, ask you about your interests and what you know about the company. Ask you to describe your classes and your coursework. What was your favorite class/project and why? Initial phone interview and then onsite interviews.

Interview Question – Why did you pursue CS?   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in October 2011.

Interview Details – I found the position on my school's career website and applied through that. I then was accepted for an on-campus interview. This took about a half hour. It was mostly behavioral and past experience questions, and it ended up covering most of the things on my resume. Some of the questions: Why should I hire you? What kind of time management skills do you use when you are assigned more work? What are examples of times you have worked in a team, and what lessons did you learn from this experience? Are you willing to relocate? What do you know about Raytheon? What type of position are you interested in?

Interview Question – Say you are given several assignments, and you realize that the amount of time these require is more than you have. What do you do?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through their website and was contacted about 3 weeks later. Was interviewed with a talent scout. Pretty ordinary interview. He asked me questions about my resume and some psychological questions. Nothing hard to answer. Things went well and he said he was going to recommend me to the next step of the interview process. I'm looking to hear back from them in the next few weeks or so.

Interview Question – What have I done to go above and beyond the specifications of a project   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Still waiting to hear back from them.

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter through a campus career fair and was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. The interview itself was mostly questions regarding experiences with different team dynamics.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was to explain a time that a group had dissenting views on the solution, and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lawton, OK

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through Rayjobs and was contacted by a recruiter one week later to schedule an interview. None of the office workers were intimidating. I was nervous all on my own. Probably one of the oddest, shortest, and easiest interviews I have ever had. Mainly, the team lead told me the details of the position, what their program was about, etc. Not very many questions were asked except for a few questions about what I did in certain college classes listed on my resume. A question here and there about understanding the concept of corporate identity. Easy stuff. However, I had to push my portfolio in front of the interviewer, because she clearly wasn't going to ask for it. I suppose one thing to remember about interviews is that the interviewer is just as nervous as you. That could have applied here.

Interview Question – Nothing was really unexpected. Just do your homework on the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was a "take or leave it" offer.

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!