Raytheon Interview Questions

2.6

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. For the first round, I met with several different hiring managers to see where I would best fit in. The second round I met with the director of Engineering who ended up giving me the job

Security Interview

I talked to them at a job fair, as an electrical engineer they were very excited to have me and they promptly scheduled a phone interview. Within the interview they asked simple security questions and some behavioral questions and then I was done.

Interview Questions
    • How can you bypass a ALSR security measure on a program you are trying to exploit   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Called for an exploratory phone interview like what is my interests. Then called for onsite interview. Process was very smooth. Got to meet with the interviewers the night before very relaxed, easy personality questions, they really liked to just talk about the company. Definitely know the companys history etc.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

*Note: I was told ahead of time they were looking to hire very quickly and it would be an expedited process. I don't know how normal this is for other positions.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter 2 days later. The Recruiter gauged my interest in the job and when I said I was interested, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager.

I got a call from the manager about 45 minutes later and had about a half hour interview.

The next week I was contacted again by both the manager and HR to request an onsite Interview. The onsite interview took place 3 days later. I was contacted within 1 business day with an offer

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and did not attempt to negotiate

Systems Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Applied for the position online. Received a call about a month later for a phone interview. Contacted by HR to schedule a second on site interview. Flew out to job site for in-person interview. Accommodated flight, hotel, rental, and meals. Interview process included several rounds of interview followed by lunch. Follow up call from HR representative a few days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions about company and products. Something I should have known and researched.   Answer Question

Senior Industrial Security Specialist Interview

Interview process was smooth and easy. The company recruiter made the first contact, then I was contacted by the hiring manager to set up the appointment. Between those contacts, I was asked to fill out a more detailed job application. Most information was pre-loaded, so it was simply a matter of answering and agreeing to more detailed information.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses. Where do you expect to be in five years?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Raytheon in September 2014.

Overall I had a positive experience. My interview was shy of an hour long and the guy that interviewed me was very laid back. Besides the generic "why do you want the position?" questions he also asked me a lot of questions about things I had done in class and any outside projects that I had been working on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you and someone else thought something should be done differently and how did you come to an agreement.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yuma, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in September 2014.

I was contacted by email stating that I needed to fill out some paper ( emails) about some basic work history info. I was then told that the Project Manager would like to schedule a Phone Interview, during the phone interview he told me about the company and about the position; the hours they work, about the commute to work, and that this was a Union position. He asked me a series of questions that were pretty standard; Are you eligible to work in the US? Do you have experience with digital logic, electronic motors, electronic test equipment? and so on and so. He then told me a little about how the next interview would, he told me that I would be taking a short 14 question test and when I got there and briefed me a little about what to expect: digital logic, paper troubleshooting, signal identification, a little ohms law (all questions are multiple choice). The next week I had an in person interview with the Site Manager. They seemed to not be interested in anything about me, only about my prior experience so the atmosphere was very nerve wracking and awkward. They went into further detail about the daily activities of the job and that there is lots of overtime to be had and explained that the work environment is dirty and you have to use port-a-potties ( just to verify that I was ok with these type of things). Then he asked me the same question that the P.M. asked me: Do you have experience with....... but they did not seem to interested in any type of explanation just yes or no. I explained to them that I had a Radar and electronic background and that I felt I would be more than capable to complete the job. This interview was maybe 20minutes long. When I got home the P.M. called me back and said they would like to offer me the job. One week later I had an offer letter from H.R.

Interview Questions

The pay was not enough for the rigorous schedule and duties of the job, and it did not meet my schedule for personal needs.