Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Electrical Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Submitted an application on the website, and then a recruiter called me afterwards for a phone screen. The onsite interview was with 4 engineers and the engineering manager, 45-50 minutes per person. With a site tour for a total of 4 hours, with lunch if you're from out of town. I had another phone screening with a program manager about 5 months after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a flip-flop in verilog? Using pseudo code   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them my range, but should have just stuck to the high range. Stick to a number and don't budge from it. You can ask for a sign on bonus too. State that too after you finalized your salary.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Goleta, CA).

Interview

Only had a phone interview. Was interview by three staff members. They were very friendly and easy to talk to. It was not technical, but professional. Over all was an average interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

It was very slow and impersonal. After an in person interview following a career fair I was in limbo for a good while before being offered a video interview. The video interview was not a 1 on 1 interview, however, it was text based questions which you replied to over webcam. They recorded your verbal responses so many hirers could see. The recorded interview felt very uncomfortable and impersonal since there was no one at the other end and it gave no opportunity to ask questions of your interviewer or develop a conversation of any sort.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a work conflict and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I was taken into a room with 2 people in it. They asked me questions about my education and had me do a few on paper coding questions. Several people were in and out of the interview. After completing the coding questions a different interviewer came in and asked me questions that related more to my personality. ex: tell me about yourself, how do you feel about group work.

Multi-Disciplined Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple teams of people, each team in a group setting. Interviewers asked basic background questions to determine technical competency and to assess how well my personality fit with the rest of the team. The interview was a full day event but wasn't overly stressful. There were no off the wall questions that had nothing to do with the job.

Financial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The first interview was an on campus interview, then an on-site interview with 6 different managers. Lunch was provided afterwards for all of the potential employees and we had time to speak with employees who are currently in the program. All Raytheon employees were very helpful throughout the whole process.

Logistics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I started looking for a full time engineering job while in my undergraduate. I went to HENAAC in October 2014 and got an e-mail March 2015 for a position in Tucson with RMS. I was invited to a two day hiring event in April where they took care of all travel expenses plus a 58 dollar per diem :). There were about 180 intern and new college hire candidates where about 150 got offers. The first day they had an on site tour, information sessions, and networking event with the hiring managers. The next day they had the interviews and you were told if you were given an intent for an offer that day. Some canadites also applied directly online. I ended up getting three interviews and got offers from two of the departments. The security clearance and hiring took about a month and a half after graduation.

Interview Questions

• My interview started with them explaining the position. They asked for some skill and behavior questions. Most of the questions were typical "What are your strengths and weaknesses?", etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The interview process involved getting to know me and seeing if I fit in with the team. I got to meet everyone and they interviewed me individually and as well as a group. It was very relaxed and we got to see a presentation of what they did at Raytheon.

Senior Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I was hired in out of college. Brought me in for a set of interviews with various people. Mostly behavioral interview questions. I had an offer before I landed back at home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a manager or a leader?   Answer Question

Property Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two people at the El Segundo location. Took about 1 hour in full. Very professional but also very relaxed environment. First half is just a run through of my resume and second half were mostly situational/behavioral questions. I think mostly they wanted to verify I had experience and skills for the position and also find someone they could "vibe" with on a daily basis and count on to bring value to the team.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What do you know about Raytheon?   Answer Question