Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.6

Logistics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

I started looking for a full time engineering job while in my undergraduate. I went to HENAAC in October 2014 and got an e-mail March 2015 for a position in Tucson with RMS. I was invited to a two day hiring event in April where they took care of all travel expenses plus a 58 dollar per diem :). There were about 180 intern and new college hire candidates where about 150 got offers. The first day they had an on site tour, information sessions, and networking event with the hiring managers. The next day they had the interviews and you were told if you were given an intent for an offer that day. Some canadites also applied directly online. I ended up getting three interviews and got offers from two of the departments. The security clearance and hiring took about a month and a half after graduation.

Interview Questions

• My interview started with them explaining the position. They asked for some skill and behavior questions. Most of the questions were typical "What are your strengths and weaknesses?", etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The interview process involved getting to know me and seeing if I fit in with the team. I got to meet everyone and they interviewed me individually and as well as a group. It was very relaxed and we got to see a presentation of what they did at Raytheon.

Senior Mechanical Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I was hired in out of college. Brought me in for a set of interviews with various people. Mostly behavioral interview questions. I had an offer before I landed back at home.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were a manager or a leader?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a hiring manager from HR, then set up a phone interview. This all happened within a couple weeks of applying. I was invited to Tucson for a hiring event. The first night there we went to dinner not far from the hotel, then the next day we went to the facility, went through tours and interviews. We were notified whether or not we got the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about my resume. They asked what I learned from the experiences and classes i had listed on my resume.   Answer Question

RF Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

The interview was very well coordinated. The day began with a brief one on one introduction and discussion with the project group manager. Then a small group behavioural interview conducted by project team members. A different group conducted a technical interview and then there was a lunch break. After lunch, a short facility tour took place followed by a wrap up meeting again with the project group manager and accompanied by HR.

Interview Questions

• Give us an overview of your technical background   1 Answer

Systems Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up an appointment. At the location, interviewed with three engineers, one-on-one. Discussed the project, my academic experience (Ph.D. work), and my engineering / scientific knowledge. Learned about the company and many of its other related current and future projects. Toured the facility and met a few of the employees.

Interview Questions

• What was your dissertation topic?   1 Answer

Financial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Process took 4 months. Applied online. Phone interview 2 months later. Face to face interview a month later. Tentative offer a few days after. Background check and final job offer.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Raytheon (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Simple, it was a transition from one contractor to another. There were no major hurdles to overcome. I knew I was getting the job. I did not have to prepare or do anything particularly special. The interviewers did not tell us what we were answering questions for or that we had to hurry and do the medical. They did not let us check on our current pay. That was a big hassle.

Interview Questions

• Are you employed by Washington Consulting Group   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2015.

Interview

Resume review followed by in person interview with individuals also on the phone. Raytheon did not update my status after the interview and I only found out I had been declined after I directly contacted HR for an update. As nearly as I can determine I spent too much effort explaining to Raytheon that I understood the business I was trying to enter and not enough time demonstrating to them that I had the appropriate management skills for the position (based on one telephone interviewer comment near the end of the interview). So how does one properly target responses when the person on the other end of the phone offers no feedback and you can't look them in the eye to see if you are off track?

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. No particular surprises.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2015.

Interview

Got a call about a month after my initial submission for an in person interview. Was asked questions gauging on how I would react in a team setting. Then the onset of technical questions began.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with colleague that doesn't contribute?   Answer Question