Raytheon

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.6

Defense Analyst Interview

Applied online and interviewed in person. Interview was easy and they asked questions based on my resume'. They gave me a general overview of the position and also provided a tour of the facility.

Logistics Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online and received a call approximately 5 days later asking for an on site interview. I set the appointment and found it odd that I hadn't received any confirmation. I called back a few days later to confirm and the same woman that set up the interview said I had never accepted an interview appointment and that they would have to reschedule me. Still no email. I get a call the next day saying I would have to reschedule again, this time, on a day I had work. I receive a confirmation (finally) with the wrong date and saying it was for a phone interview! I take a personal day at my current job for the interview which lasted about 45 minutes. It was pretty easy and I thought it went well. I even got some positive feedback from the interviewers. It's been four weeks now and I have yet to hear anything back from anyone, despite an email asking for more information. Its been about 6 weeks since the initial call asking for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Really easy questions, mostly about working on teams and general questions about personality.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2014.

Hiring manager set up a phone interview, and later that evening a HR rep asked for current salary and expected salary, as well as basic questions as if I could commute to the facility and if I thought getting security clearance would be a problem. I replied with generic responses not sharing my current or expected salary, saying a fair market value would be negotiable. HR replied saying in order to move forward they needed salary requirements, I didn't respond knowing I already had a phone interview with hiring manager set up. Phone interview was pretty standard, asking about my career history, if I felt comfortable engineering solutions from the ground up, and if I had experience documenting solutions and working in an 'agile' environment. All of this I had plenty experience and felt really good about the call until the hiring manager asked for my salary requirements. I told him I would be willing to negotiate a fair market value. He then said that they will not do a face to face or move forward until this was disclosed. He also stated that the experience requirement was 4 years, and that I had nearly 9 years of experience. I retorted that this was a senior position, and the interview hinted there would even be some leadership roles. Since another developer was on the line, I explained I rather work this out salary requirements with the HR rep, and concluded the interview.
    The HR rep emailed me that same night saying with out current and expected salary, they will not be able to continue the interview process. I did not reply with my current salary, but did send back a range I felt was appropriate for a Senior position. Another reply came quickly with a really low salary of $70k and that was as high as they could go for this senior position. It seems like raytheon is more interested in hiring based on salary and not talent, or just want a mid level position and call them senior. Even if they came back with an acceptable offer, the company is tainted in my eyes.

Interview Questions
    • What is your salary and expected salary requirements?   View Answer

This company would kit continue the interview process and are trying to hire a senior position for a mid level salary. They are only worried about salary, not skill of their employees.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Had one phone screening before getting called in for an on site interview.
    Two separate on site interviews, one with an engineer which was kept mostly to talk about school and what kinds of projects I did/ where I saw my career going. The second was with two hiring managers who asked more about my skills

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, in fact I was surprised at how easy it was   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Got a phone interview from HR about week after applying. Asked basic questions and why Raytheon and was I willing to relocate. Following week spoke to hiring engineer. Just avg questions. Few technical ones but mostly about my experience and course work. Be ready to be able to go over resume and detail and work experience if any.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. For the first round, I met with several different hiring managers to see where I would best fit in. The second round I met with the director of Engineering who ended up giving me the job

Security Interview

I talked to them at a job fair, as an electrical engineer they were very excited to have me and they promptly scheduled a phone interview. Within the interview they asked simple security questions and some behavioral questions and then I was done.

Interview Questions
    • How can you bypass a ALSR security measure on a program you are trying to exploit   Answer Question

Various Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

Was contacted via email after giving them my CV at a college career fair. I signed up for the interview via the school's on-campus recruiting system. We had about 30 minutes to chat, and I was interviewed by a current engineering employee, not an HR or executive individual. No offers or any contact after two weeks, but I am not available to work for them for over a year, so there may not be interest yet. The interviewer seemed more nervous than I was, but was respectful and polite throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to go against the recommendations of others or a superior, how you handled it, and how it went.   Answer Question