Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.6

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Had one phone screening before getting called in for an on site interview.
    Two separate on site interviews, one with an engineer which was kept mostly to talk about school and what kinds of projects I did/ where I saw my career going. The second was with two hiring managers who asked more about my skills

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, in fact I was surprised at how easy it was   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Got a phone interview from HR about week after applying. Asked basic questions and why Raytheon and was I willing to relocate. Following week spoke to hiring engineer. Just avg questions. Few technical ones but mostly about my experience and course work. Be ready to be able to go over resume and detail and work experience if any.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. For the first round, I met with several different hiring managers to see where I would best fit in. The second round I met with the director of Engineering who ended up giving me the job

Security Interview

I talked to them at a job fair, as an electrical engineer they were very excited to have me and they promptly scheduled a phone interview. Within the interview they asked simple security questions and some behavioral questions and then I was done.

Interview Questions
    • How can you bypass a ALSR security measure on a program you are trying to exploit   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Called for an exploratory phone interview like what is my interests. Then called for onsite interview. Process was very smooth. Got to meet with the interviewers the night before very relaxed, easy personality questions, they really liked to just talk about the company. Definitely know the companys history etc.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

*Note: I was told ahead of time they were looking to hire very quickly and it would be an expedited process. I don't know how normal this is for other positions.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter 2 days later. The Recruiter gauged my interest in the job and when I said I was interested, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager.

I got a call from the manager about 45 minutes later and had about a half hour interview.

The next week I was contacted again by both the manager and HR to request an onsite Interview. The onsite interview took place 3 days later. I was contacted within 1 business day with an offer

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and did not attempt to negotiate

Systems Engineer II Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Applied for the position online. Received a call about a month later for a phone interview. Contacted by HR to schedule a second on site interview. Flew out to job site for in-person interview. Accommodated flight, hotel, rental, and meals. Interview process included several rounds of interview followed by lunch. Follow up call from HR representative a few days after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions about company and products. Something I should have known and researched.   Answer Question

Senior Industrial Security Specialist Interview

Interview process was smooth and easy. The company recruiter made the first contact, then I was contacted by the hiring manager to set up the appointment. Between those contacts, I was asked to fill out a more detailed job application. Most information was pre-loaded, so it was simply a matter of answering and agreeing to more detailed information.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions: Tell me about yourself. Tell me about your strengths/weaknesses. Where do you expect to be in five years?   Answer Question