Raytheon Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

Team Leader III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Andover, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

It took approximately 8 to 9 moths before I was even called for an interview. I frequented the company website and posted my resume for as many jobs as I though I was qualified for often. I even took the initiative to contact HR and express my displeasure (respectfully) as to why I had not received a call when I knew I was qualified for the positions. It took a while but I finally got a call. I received a call for a phone screening with a recruiter and then was scheduled to come in for an interview. It was definitely a commute for the interview as I was living in Waterbury CT. at the time. It was an exciting experience as I am always looking for a challenge and I never thought I would be doing or have the chance to work for a company like Raytheon on a managerial level. It was a lengthy interview process in which I had to meet with at least 5 different department hiring managers along with about 5 to 6 other potential candidates. The experience and impression I received from most of the interviewers was fair. The interviewer I wound up working for was intense however and aggressive (but respectfully so) during the interview process and asked very probing questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question asked was "what is your greatest perceived weakness or what would you like to improve the most?".   View Answer
    Unfortunately I did not negotiate anything. I believe I was a bit too anxious and did not work through the process as effectively as I should have. This could have been part of why I was not as satisfied with the overall experience.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

interviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Offsite two day event focused on presentation and leadership skills.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Tucson, AZ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2009.

The hiring process was terrible. I should have taken that has a hint and never taken the position. They offered me the lowest salary they could. I was from out of town and the only time I saw someone was during my interview. They never offered me a hello when I got to my hotel or anything. Those were the worst two days of my life and it was even over Mother's Day weekend!

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any. I could either take the low salary or decline the offer. They made no attempt at negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

I interviewed with managers from multiple divisions (they interviewed many people the same day). The questions were a mix of technical questions and background questions. Each manager also gave some background on what the position in their division would entail.

They did not negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in September 2012.

My most recent experience isn't typical as I worked here before and now have come back as a contractor. However, when I worked here a year ago I did many interviews so I have some knowledge of the typical scenario.

Expect a phone interview from a screener who is likely not technical.
    Expect a phone interview from a developer who is technical.
    Expect either a half day or full day panel interview
    This is primarily a C++ shop with a smattering of other languages and scripting languages, so expect questions along those lines.
    They are not big into random IQ and personality questions though this will vary depending on who gets assigned to your interview panel.

Interview Questions
    • You will be expected to solve several design and coding problems on a white board.   View Answer
    As a contract employee, I was able to negotiate my hourly rate.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2008.

There was a panel interview and individual interviews. A scripted set of questions were asked in the panel interview. Process was handled in a single day of interviews. There were no additional round of interview. Negotiations followed the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want to join this Company ?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

interviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

Standard behavioral interview questions, go over resume with a team of 5-6 people, screening depending on clearance level, started with phone interview then called in for 2 face to face interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Be prepared before you arrive. This is not an interview to wing.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to make a decision to turn in a close fellow worker or keep something from the management team that you felt was critical to business, what would you do.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

1) Developer Challenge
    2) Phone Interview
    3) Meet fellow workers at office - personality fit
    4) In-person interviews

Interview process was very messed up, with the recruiter vanishing for two weeks at a time. The recruiter would then want to have a chat in the real sense, asking what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks, etc. Questions that have no bearing on the interview process.

After completing the first three steps of the interview process, the recruiter said only the in-person interview was left, which was subsequently postponed twice. After a month, the recruiter wanted to do a video Skype chat, which he said was not part of the interview process. I thought "What the hell?" and gave up on the job. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Write a kernel module which executes program "y" instead of program "x"   Answer Question
    • Write a kernel module to display all processes with 3+ file descriptors open.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2009.

A high-level phone interview conducted by HR was followed by 2 separate trips for 5 1:1 interviews per trip. Personnel included an HR Generalist, and internal customer stakeholders at various leadership levels including 2 VPs. Discussions included actual project overviews and how I would support if I was a team member. Overall, it was very comfortable and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • Provide examples of how you handled a companywide changing work environment.   View Answer

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!