Raytheon

332 candidate interviews

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Supply Chain Manager
Tucson, AZ

I interviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Interview Details – Offsite two day event focused on presentation and leadership skills.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Extremely detailed interview process. It started with a call from their recruiter, and if he determines that you are a potential match, you will receive a call from an engineer for a phone screen. The phone screen consists of various software engineering and computer science questions. Example topics: Asymptotic complexity analysis, system design (high level), basic algorithms and data sorting.

If the phone screen was successful, you will be invited to an on-site interview. Be prepared to spend anywhere between 3-8 hours for this interview. The purpose of this interview is to answer three basic questions:
1) Do they know what they claim to know (as stated on their resume)?
2) Is the candidate smart?
3) Can the candidate make use of new information to solve challenging problems?

It doesn't matter that you don't know everything. What is important is your ability to take new information and effectively apply it to problems. You will be stretched beyond your means, and the interview panel will continue to ask progressively harder questions until we either run out of time, or you run out of answers.

Interview Question – Most difficult real question had to do with threading and data safety. Expect to write code.
Most difficult question seems fairly innocuous: What does i++ do?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – They knew that I already had another offer from a different company. They asked what that offer was and beat it by 15%. I probably could have negotiated more.

Team Leader III Interview

Andover, MA

I applied online and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Interview Details – It took approximately 8 to 9 moths before I was even called for an interview. I frequented the company website and posted my resume for as many jobs as I though I was qualified for often. I even took the initiative to contact HR and express my displeasure (respectfully) as to why I had not received a call when I knew I was qualified for the positions. It took a while but I finally got a call. I received a call for a phone screening with a recruiter and then was scheduled to come in for an interview. It was definitely a commute for the interview as I was living in Waterbury CT. at the time. It was an exciting experience as I am always looking for a challenge and I never thought I would be doing or have the chance to work for a company like Raytheon on a managerial level. It was a lengthy interview process in which I had to meet with at least 5 different department hiring managers along with about 5 to 6 other potential candidates. The experience and impression I received from most of the interviewers was fair. The interviewer I wound up working for was intense however and aggressive (but respectfully so) during the interview process and asked very probing questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked was "what is your greatest perceived weakness or what would you like to improve the most?".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately I did not negotiate anything. I believe I was a bit too anxious and did not work through the process as effectively as I should have. This could have been part of why I was not as satisfied with the overall experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in September 2012.

Interview Details – My most recent experience isn't typical as I worked here before and now have come back as a contractor. However, when I worked here a year ago I did many interviews so I have some knowledge of the typical scenario.

Expect a phone interview from a screener who is likely not technical.
Expect a phone interview from a developer who is technical.
Expect either a half day or full day panel interview
This is primarily a C++ shop with a smattering of other languages and scripting languages, so expect questions along those lines.
They are not big into random IQ and personality questions though this will vary depending on who gets assigned to your interview panel.

Interview Question – You will be expected to solve several design and coding problems on a white board.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As a contract employee, I was able to negotiate my hourly rate.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2008.

Interview Details – There was a panel interview and individual interviews. A scripted set of questions were asked in the panel interview. Process was handled in a single day of interviews. There were no additional round of interview. Negotiations followed the interview process.

Interview Question – why do you want to join this Company ?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Dallas, TX

I interviewed at Raytheon in February 2010.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral interview questions, go over resume with a team of 5-6 people, screening depending on clearance level, started with phone interview then called in for 2 face to face interviews

Engineering Interview

Engineering
South Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was terrible. I should have taken that has a hint and never taken the position. They offered me the lowest salary they could. I was from out of town and the only time I saw someone was during my interview. They never offered me a hello when I got to my hotel or anything. Those were the worst two days of my life and it was even over Mother's Day weekend!

Interview Question – The low salary they offered me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any. I could either take the low salary or decline the offer. They made no attempt at negotiation.

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I had a short phone interview and then an in-person interview a few weeks later. The questions were related to previous experiences and technical knowledge. After I was offered the job, it did take about 4 weeks before I was able to start working, the HR hiring process was very slow.

Interview Question – I had to write code to implement a linked list. Not exactly difficult, but trying to find the best way to do it took some time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I interviewed with managers from multiple divisions (they interviewed many people the same day). The questions were a mix of technical questions and background questions. Each manager also gave some background on what the position in their division would entail.

Interview Question – The technical questions were quite detailed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They did not negotiate

Senior Recruiter Interview

Tewksbury, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2009.

Interview Details – Fair and balanced process. Well prepared and took notes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – They made one offer and there was no negociating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon interview questions and advice. All 332 interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.