Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

Offsite two day event focused on presentation and leadership skills.

Team Leader III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Andover, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

It took approximately 8 to 9 moths before I was even called for an interview. I frequented the company website and posted my resume for as many jobs as I though I was qualified for often. I even took the initiative to contact HR and express my displeasure (respectfully) as to why I had not received a call when I knew I was qualified for the positions. It took a while but I finally got a call. I received a call for a phone screening with a recruiter and then was scheduled to come in for an interview. It was definitely a commute for the interview as I was living in Waterbury CT. at the time. It was an exciting experience as I am always looking for a challenge and I never thought I would be doing or have the chance to work for a company like Raytheon on a managerial level. It was a lengthy interview process in which I had to meet with at least 5 different department hiring managers along with about 5 to 6 other potential candidates. The experience and impression I received from most of the interviewers was fair. The interviewer I wound up working for was intense however and aggressive (but respectfully so) during the interview process and asked very probing questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question asked was "what is your greatest perceived weakness or what would you like to improve the most?".   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately I did not negotiate anything. I believe I was a bit too anxious and did not work through the process as effectively as I should have. This could have been part of why I was not as satisfied with the overall experience.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in January 2015.

Interview

HR contacted me a little over a month after applying for the position. They wanted to setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was very flexible with my schedule, so I made them aware of that (bad mistake). They gave me a 2 day window when he would call me... I never received a call from him and until this day I have not heard back from them. The position is still open so is not like they cancelled it (as far as I can tell). I feel it is very unprofessional to not even call/e-mail to apologize or at least explain what was going on. Not only that, but I called the HR representative the first day I was waiting for the phone call from the hiring manager. She did not answer, so I left a voice-mail asking for a call back so I could ask a quick question. She did not return my call, so I had to call back the next day. When she answered, all she said was: “Oh yeah, I got your voice-mail yesterday… did you have a question?”. Not sure if other people had problems with them, but my overall experience with them has been extremely negative. Hopefully I am just a fluke and normally they are not this rude to their candidates. Otherwise, I hope someone (with authority) from the company reads this and does something about it.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a pre phone interview call a month after my application. Had a full phone screen with 2 senior-level engineers and hiring manager (called from Aurora, CO). Make sure to study all the responsibilities/duties written on the job posting and know your resume inside out. Most applicants will have different types of interviews, mine was more technical than behavioral. Overall, I had a great experience; I was very nervous before the phone call and they really put my mind at ease with jokes before asking me questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your coursework, and how it pertains to systems engineering.   1 Answer
    • What's your experience with Microsoft/Linux servers? Do you have any experience with Agile/Scrum/Red Hat?   Answer Question
    • Please go more into detail about your senior design project.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, RI

Application

I interviewed at Raytheon (Portsmouth, RI) in May 2010.

Interview

Got recommended to apply for a job through a friend who already works there. Initial interview was over a phone. Among questions asked were regarding relevant experience, skils and abilities, knowledge of software languages, tools, etc. After initial interview, I was asked for in person formal interview. There were three interviewers at the same time. Questions were more or less similar to what was asked during the phone interview. Afterwards, there was a questionnaire that had to be completed. The questionnaire focused on technical skills and abilities related to the duties of the position.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

As with so many jobs, inside connections are the make-or-break. While I was hired strictly because of what I knew, I was interviewed because of who I knew (or actually who knew me and asked his boss to recruit me). Interview was refreshingly open and frank. Manger was initially reluctant to hire me due to age (at ~40 I would become the "baby" in the group) but put aside his biases and discovered what I truly had to offer his team.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been fired for incompetence or breaking rules, etc?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initially I was low-balled incredibly. Rather than negotiating, I asked for a more realistic offer to start negotiations over.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Boston, MA) in May 2009.

Interview

A high-level phone interview conducted by HR was followed by 2 separate trips for 5 1:1 interviews per trip. Personnel included an HR Generalist, and internal customer stakeholders at various leadership levels including 2 VPs. Discussions included actual project overviews and how I would support if I was a team member. Overall, it was very comfortable and pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of how you handled a companywide changing work environment.   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014. The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers. After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted via phone after applied. Then direct in-person interview with only a 3 people. They rate all candidates from 1-5 for 5 questions. It took a couple weeks for them to get all the paperwork and drug test

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dulles, VA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone followed by an on-site interview. Met with 3 different people individually while at site. Each interviewer was very professional and provided unique insight into the role while giving a clear picture of the company, team and expectations. I car away with a good feeling about the company as well as the team and job at hand.