Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.6

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

On campus interview with a current ldp member. Followed by a full day interview at the bd headquarters in DC. You can expect a networking dinner the night prior, which is more of an informal interview. The actual interview day involves three one on one interviews, followed by a case study and presentation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, several phone correspondences, and a lengthy on-site interview. There were several parts to the interview. Presentations, lunch, facility tour, one-on-one, and panel interviews were included. Overall a smooth process.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Just one phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable. She described what I would be working on, what my typical day would be like, and the skills I would need to be successful. She said that they would have a decision in just a few days. All of the questions were pretty easy and there wasn't really anything technical. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just questions about my experience with C++ and Java. Nothing technical   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Raytheon (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

An interesting interview. I was given a walk through the facility by the group manager first. The folks that interviewed me were very friendly and asked me questions relating my past experience. The group provided me with a brief description of the project they were working on and described each of their roles within the group. Finally, we talked about how my past experience could complement the group's skills.

Interview Questions

• How would your past experience be useful in the project? Could you provide situational examples for how you solved a certain engineering problem?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Had interview on campus at my college. Questions were pretty standard no technical questions for the first interview. Interviewers were nice except they talked for a long time which cut into my answers.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later from a Hiring Manager. I had the phone screen with him. He asked about my experience, and pretty much went over my resume. He asked me if I was willing to travel, and told me that I would get a call to schedule an interview. I got an email a week later providing dates where the other hiring manager was available and I had my interview with him and another person through the phone. They asked me about my courses in school and job experience. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your final semester project? How did you decide what each group member was in charge of when working in groups?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Entry level interview started as an online, "at your own time," interview your "HireVue". The interview would prompt you with a question for 30 seconds, followed by a recorded 2 minutes through your webcam. There were a total of 12 questions. The primary bulk of the difficult questions were in the middle, with multiple choice questions at the beginning (about security clearance and citizenship) and geographical questions towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you showed time management skills.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a teammate was unhelpful, and what you did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question
    • What else would you like us to know about you?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a problem arose in a project, what you did you remedy the problem, and how the overall outcome of the project benefited from your decision.   Answer Question

Tech Student - Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and within a week, scheduled to have an on-site interview. They flew me to their main site for three one-on-one interviews to just talk about my strengths. We also did a site tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe your math background. What are your technical strengths?   Answer Question

RF Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied in late November 2014. When my resume finally hit a desk I was called right away. We spoke for about half and hour, and he made me feel like I practically had the job. I had my flight itinerary in a couple days and was there within 10 days after.

Interview was grueling, Four sets of two on one or one on one interviews over six hours. Lunch with two young professional women "like me". The man on the phone was seen for less than 5 minutes. I was completely blind.

Sent thank you's the next day and a follow up a week and a half later. I was told at the interview there were several openings. My e-mail was answered with "Sorry I didn't get back to you. No jobs are available to someone like you". Since the interview every application I have sent to Raytheon has been bounced back saying I am not good enough without even a glance (not exaggerating).

Interview Questions

• Almost solely asked about "group work" and things I did for the government previously.   1 Answer
    • I was repeatedly asked if I liked the city. Apparently, no one wants to live there. I was excited; but, when I got to Tucson there was something off. Perhaps the fact is that it was surrounded with military, or all the hippies :) The dangerous wildlife and proximity to the border were intimidating even when I am from the desert. Everyone should check out the area as much as possible even on the internet before flying there...to a hotel with no bathtub. That was a killer!!!   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in February 2015.

Interview

I visited them during a career fair on campus. They told me to apply online and to the university recruiting site. After this process, I was invited for an interview on campus. The whole process was very quick, and after the on campus interview the information was passed to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How did you react to a disagreement when working in a group? Describe a time when you went beyond the specification a project.   Answer Question