Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter at the company after having submitted an application several weeks prior. I was asked to provide a few examples of my work from previous internships and/or school projects that might be relevant to the position. I basically put together a portfolio and sent that over. I got a call about 3 weeks later from a different recruiter. We set up an interview for the following week where I met with 3 managers. The interviews were very relaxed and conversational. They had looked over the work experiences and asked me basically to describe those experiences in more detail, with maybe a few questions thrown in. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I was told I should hear back in about 3 weeks, and ended up getting an offer after about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable offer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Financial Analyst II

I applied online - interviewed at Raytheon in February 2014.

Interview Details – About a week after applying I received a phone call and set up a time for a 15 min conversation. Said conversation led to a 1 hour in person interview.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you have had to adjust expectations of those you work with.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Portsmouth, RI

I interviewed at Raytheon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Got recommended to apply for a job through a friend who already works there. Initial interview was over a phone. Among questions asked were regarding relevant experience, skils and abilities, knowledge of software languages, tools, etc. After initial interview, I was asked for in person formal interview. There were three interviewers at the same time. Questions were more or less similar to what was asked during the phone interview. Afterwards, there was a questionnaire that had to be completed. The questionnaire focused on technical skills and abilities related to the duties of the position.

Interview Question – Some of the technical questions   Answer Question

Systems Engineer - Requirements Interview

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – Process was a little ad hoc. This interview was over ten years ago, and may not be applicable.
Contacted several months after submitting resume for another position.

Interview Question – There were some detailed technical questions, but most were oriented toward understanding how I would work in their environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – Laid back, not too difficult.

Interview Question – There wasn't much difficulty; mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Not sure why but the Interview process moves very slowly, even when the job need is critical. Just be prepared to wait to hear each step of the way. Quality of internal HR is very inconsistent so speed of response may depend more on how much your potential boss is willing to push the system. General sense is they really do try to get a good fit and meet with or at least phone screen many people for each spot.

Interview Question – Nothing actually. Very straightforward questions as to why was I interested in the position and what relevant experience did I have.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Best to negotiate as high as possible before accepting offer as it is much more difficult to get significant raises once employed. More flexibility in negotiating starting salary than expected.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Submitted an online application and also knew internal person who forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager. Received a call from HR a few weeks later to set up an interview about a week out. Interview was first with the hiring manager then the team lead of the Program. Both were pretty relax, not all about the position. Wanted to get to know about me as well as my skills. Was a new hire out of college. Interview lasted about a hour. Left feeling confident that I got the position. Received a call maybe 2-3 weeks later from HR that they were offering me a position and salary which I accepted. Came in soon after to fill out paperwork and take a drug test. Started not too long after.

Interview Question – I honestly was not asked too many difficult questions so I wouldn't have a thought here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, accepted first offer.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer II Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – If you know some one inside have them give you a referral prior to signing up on the web portal. Fine the job you are interested in on the web portal and let your contact know what you would like to do. If you cannot get a referral, apply on line and keep checking back to see the status. Remember to use the key words in your cover letter and resume that are in the rec. so the computer wont kick you out automatically.

Interview Question – I heard one manager ask an applicant to bring an analysis report to the interview. This analysis report was not to be real but must show all aspects of what needs to be included in a report.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in January 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process were similar to other companies. A series of individual interviews followed by contact from talent acquisition group.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected during the interview   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2012.

Interview Details – Shortly after I applied through the employee referral process I was contacted by a recruiter. I was interviewed for a position that I did not initially apply for so the phone call was basically to gauge my interest in the position, this call lasted roughly 15 minutes and I was offered a chance to come onsite for a hiring event and interview. I flew to the campus and was taken out to dinner the first night by the Engineering HR group. This gave all the candidates to ask questions about the company. The next day I was put through 3 different sets of interviews. The interviews were made up of 3-4 different people with varying backgrounds. The next day I received an offer for the position that I interviewed for.

Interview Question – The questions asked were very basic. Mostly asking about my role on various team projects and my internships. Nothing out of the ordinary, very easy technical questions about the systems engineering process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, generous offer as well as a relocation package

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon