Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.6

Software Engineer I Interview

Got a phone interview from HR about week after applying. Asked basic questions and why Raytheon and was I willing to relocate. Following week spoke to hiring engineer. Just avg questions. Few technical ones but mostly about my experience and course work. Be ready to be able to go over resume and detail and work experience if any.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tewksbury, MA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

I submitted a resume and cover letter online to be contacted by e-mail five weeks later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview took place three days later with a Systems Engineer. It was about 25 minutes going over my resume and my experiences and how they connected to the position. It was very easy going and I got a chance to ask questions throughout. The engineer told me he would put me through for the on-site interview. I was contacted a couple days later and the on-site was scheduled for the following week, all expenses paid. I, along with the other interviewees, was given a tour of the facility by recent hires, it lasted long enough to ask plenty of questions and get a sense of the environment. After the tour, we were all given a presentation about the company and then sent off to our respective interviews.There were three panel interviews and a one-on-one with the entire interview process lasting about 2 hours in total. All of the interviewers were engineers and each distinct group gave a general idea of the work they did. The interviews were casual just going over my experiences and how it might fit with the work that group did. There weren't any technical questions. After the interviews were over the interviewees collected together and were notified that we would receive a response by the following week. They made me an offer the next day with a written offer sent the following week.

Interview Questions
    • No Difficult questions. Talk about your senior design project. What do you think systems engineering is? What is your experience with MATLAB?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate and I was very satisfied with the offer I received.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

I applied online through my university. I got a call from someone to confirm that I had experience working with scripting languages. I soon got an email for an interview after the on site interview, the process was really quick. I was notified the next week that I got in.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think the average day of a software engineer is like? there were no technical questions about programming. everything was about what past experiences i had.   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

There were several rounds of interviews. For the first round, I met with several different hiring managers to see where I would best fit in. The second round I met with the director of Engineering who ended up giving me the job

Security Interview

I talked to them at a job fair, as an electrical engineer they were very excited to have me and they promptly scheduled a phone interview. Within the interview they asked simple security questions and some behavioral questions and then I was done.

Interview Questions
    • How can you bypass a ALSR security measure on a program you are trying to exploit   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

The whole process took about 2 months. I applied online, heard back about a week later that they wanted me to come to a hiring event in Tucson. The hiring event was mostly for engineers, but there were a few software people and some finance people too. The interviews happened on day 2 of the event. The interview was mostly me talking about my past experience and answering the basic behavior questions that everyone asks. They have almost no technical aspects of the interview, I have no idea how they choose candidates.

I found out during the interview that the position was actually not software engineering, it was just reporting metrics about software engineers' performance to managers and all programming was done in Excel! It sounded mind-numbingly boring and I definitely could not see myself making a career out of that. They emailed out offer confirmations the evening of the interviews; I received an email saying that they needed more time to decide.

About two weeks passed and I got a call from my recruiter with an offer. I was first insulted by how low it was, but their salary offer was precise down to the number of cents, as in something like $XX,432.64 a year. It was clear that the offer was all about the money with them and not about actually convincing me to work there. The offer was almost half of what tech companies offer and the job seemed very boring, I would not recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

Offer was insulting low and nothing about it was competitive with other companies.

Various Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

Was contacted via email after giving them my CV at a college career fair. I signed up for the interview via the school's on-campus recruiting system. We had about 30 minutes to chat, and I was interviewed by a current engineering employee, not an HR or executive individual. No offers or any contact after two weeks, but I am not available to work for them for over a year, so there may not be interest yet. The interviewer seemed more nervous than I was, but was respectful and polite throughout.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to go against the recommendations of others or a superior, how you handled it, and how it went.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in October 2014.

Interview process started with an on campus interview and interview went well. Questions based on my college projects and behavioral questions. Flew to Arizona for the hiring event and they show you the site. They don't really show you where you could be working but on a secure facility that's too much to be expected. Dinner is after the site tour and you may have a chance to meet your interviewer. Just don't absorb their time and don't waste the chance to talk to other people because there are opportunities to gain more interviews with other departments. Overall, the interview process is pretty good.

Interview Questions
    • What is polymorphism? And they asked about my computer architecture classes   View Answer

Still in the midst of receiving an offer and also interviewing with another location.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Called for an exploratory phone interview like what is my interests. Then called for onsite interview. Process was very smooth. Got to meet with the interviewers the night before very relaxed, easy personality questions, they really liked to just talk about the company. Definitely know the companys history etc.

Systems Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

*Note: I was told ahead of time they were looking to hire very quickly and it would be an expedited process. I don't know how normal this is for other positions.

Applied online and got a call from a recruiter 2 days later. The Recruiter gauged my interest in the job and when I said I was interested, I was told my information would be passed on to the hiring manager.

I got a call from the manager about 45 minutes later and had about a half hour interview.

The next week I was contacted again by both the manager and HR to request an onsite Interview. The onsite interview took place 3 days later. I was contacted within 1 business day with an offer

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and did not attempt to negotiate