Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Lean Supply Chain Interview

Lean Supply Chain

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – There was only one in person interview where I competed against three other people on the same day. They were split up between a few managers but in the same room as the other people. There were no strange questions and it was more of getting an understanding of what each person could offer

Senior Principal Engineer Interview

Senior Principal Engineer

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – Many reqs are a waste of time. They already know who they want to hire. The company typically uses job requisitions to show that they are really looking for the most qualified. If they want you, they will ask easy questions. If not, impossible questions designed to make you fail the interview. HR looks for words in your resume that match the job req. HR is the first gate keeper. HR has no knowledge of engineering, yet they are the gate keepers.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position? What are your weaknesses? Give examples of solving problems.   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist I Interview

Logistics Specialist I
Chambersburg, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2010.

Interview Details – Submit application, several follow up phone calls, 2 interviews and job offer

Interview Question – What do you know about Raytheon?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nice benefit package- Base salary, 401k, and performance bonus

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Raytheon

Interview Details – The hiring process went great and the interview process also went well. It was very thorough. As long as you read the job description and can correlate your prior experience to the job you are applying for, you should do great. It was also made easy since all of us were flown to the Westin La Paloma in Tucson and interviewed there.

Interview Question – When the interviewer asked about business cases and any experience with them either in school or at prior jobs?   Answer Question

PDT Electro-Mechanical Technician Interview

PDT Electro-Mechanical Technician
El Segundo, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I just had an email stating the interview information. One month after interview they called and offered the job and compensation which I accepted without hesitation. Two more months I started working.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult just a casual questions about previous experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because the offer is the biggest offered I ever had.

IT LDP Candidate Interview

IT LDP Candidate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2014.

Interview Details – you will get a call for a intial phone screen , just preliminaries to inform you about the program, then they will tell you they will call you a month and a half later to do another interview if you pass that they will invite you to a onsite behavioral interview at the head quarters in MA. Raytheon promotes diversity as they expressed but if you ask me that is a bunch of hogg wash, they talk a good game but dont practice it. i was the only minority there and i didnt fell welcome , i felt as if they was fulfilling a HR requirement to have a diverse canidate go through the interview process . Come on i can put two and two together and i know foul play when i see it im lived in the Great state of texas so go figure. However I was qualified and me being from a low tier school i out shine canidates that was from High ranking schools such as MIT and Purdue just to name a couple. If you are a determine bright minority or non minority and looking to get ahead in your career Avoid raytheon like the plague. During the process When i was interviewing at the head quarters HR ask me , so tell me about the great things your herd about us. I really want to say back in texas a friend of mine just won a law suit against your company for racial descrimination a year ago, that the great things i have herd, i dodnt now this situation until i was invited three days before my flight.

Interview Question – There isnt any it was behavioral, that why im sure it was more too the selection process.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – The first evening I attended a hiring event with a large number of other candidates. The other candidates were from a variety of backgrounds looking for a variety of jobs. During the hiring event we met with hiring managers and discussed what their expectations for their candidates were and we coordinated interviews for the next day. The recruiters were excellent, encouraging people with higher degrees to be open to adjacent fields of work than their focused studies. The other candidates were energetic and friendly- something that was later reflected in the workforce when I accepted the position. I went through a few interviews with different groups, some were single interviewers, some were multiple interviewers. In all cases they were interested in my engineering experience and team work experience. The interviewers reflected my initial impression of the candidates and the recruiting team: energetic and friendly.

Interview Question – The standard questions asked were related to teams and conflicts. None of the questions were unexpected and there were not any technical questions asked.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Was referred by a friend.
Had phone screen, then an in person interview with 1-2 managers.
Was offered a position 3 weeks later, with no follow up interviews or questions.

Interview Question – Don't recall any particularly difficult questions. Was not an overly technical interview, focused more on experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon in August 2010.

Interview Details – It took almost three months to get hired. I finally went through their in-house temp agency which lead to a full-time, benefited position.

Interview Question – It was a typical panel interview. Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – I met the recruiter through a campus career fair and was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. The interview itself was mostly questions regarding experiences with different team dynamics.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was to explain a time that a group had dissenting views on the solution, and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon