Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.6

Information Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The process started with an HR rep who verified my education and clearance. I spoke with the hiring manager for about a half an hour. Since I had extensive experience and a MS in the field it was simple enough for him to see I could do the job, so it was mostly "preaching to the choir" about InfoSec.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

First met with recruiters at a career fair. Had a short 30 minute interview same day with one of the recruiters. After a few weeks, was invited to a two-day hiring event. The first day was tours of Raytheon facilities and a social mixer with different department heads and recruiters. The next day was designated solely for interviews. Met with different department recruiting teams composed of two or three members. Each interview was also fairly short, and was composed primarily of behavioral based questions and interests in the specific department. Received offer after about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you worked with a group and a member was falling behind on their portion of the work. How did you react? What could you have done better to improve the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

On campus interview with a current ldp member. Followed by a full day interview at the bd headquarters in DC. You can expect a networking dinner the night prior, which is more of an informal interview. The actual interview day involves three one on one interviews, followed by a case study and presentation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2015.

Interview

The day started at 8:30am with an hour long presentation of the company and the program. There were 9 people interviewing for 4 positions. For the next 3 hours, each hour a set of 3 people was taken for interviewing, while the rest of the candidates were left to keep themselves busy talking to former members of the rotational program. There were 3 interviews, one 1-on-1 and two 2-on-1, each 15min long. They asked standard interview questions and cared more about leadership roles than your actual skill as an engineer.

Senior Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process started first with a screening from a recruiter. They do a quick 30 minute interview to find out a little bit about you such as your interests as well as verify what your wrote on your resume. However, no technical questions. New I did a Hireright interview, which is an only interview that ask more behavioral questions. It is online and you just record your responses on your computer through the hireright software. Once again this one is not technical and it is more to find out more about yourself. The last phone interview is with the hiring manager so you need to bring your A game and be ready for the technical questions. They are all basic concepts that you learned from college as long as you were paying attention. Just do not lie on your resume because they will find out.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working in the lab? What experiments were you doing and what were you trying to measure? Also do you have any experience using the VNA to perform RF measurements? Explain.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I probably could negotiate, however, the amount they offered me was well beyond what I was expecting for my internship so I took what they offered. Remember, companies are making an investment in you so if you are someone they like they do what they can to keep you.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (McKinney, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application, several phone correspondences, and a lengthy on-site interview. There were several parts to the interview. Presentations, lunch, facility tour, one-on-one, and panel interviews were included. Overall a smooth process.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Raytheon (Aurora, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Just one phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly and knowledgeable. She described what I would be working on, what my typical day would be like, and the skills I would need to be successful. She said that they would have a decision in just a few days. All of the questions were pretty easy and there wasn't really anything technical. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just questions about my experience with C++ and Java. Nothing technical   Answer Question

Instructional Systems Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by phone by the hiring manager. Questions were very thorough and relevant to the position. The questions were followed by a more detailed explanation of the position. It was during this final stage that it occurred to me that they would make an offer. Interview lasted about 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you had to develop a course design document describing the course elements and specific level of detail. For example, after you’ve done analysis, objectives, sequencing, instructional strategies, and prior to doing a storyboard.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project where you look the lead ISD role, the challenges you faced and what you did about them.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project in where you had designed the lesson and had to develop brand new content from SME interviews. What challenges did you face?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a project where you had a less-responsive SME and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was a contract position being offered at a specific rate. There was no room for negotiation.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2015.

Interview

I was notified a few weeks after I applied regarding my application. It was in early March, so it was pretty late for a summer internship. I was given an interview on the phone with three people in supply chain and given an offer about a week later. The overall experience was positive and the questions were completely behavioral.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about prior projects that I have worked on.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Entry level interview started as an online, "at your own time," interview your "HireVue". The interview would prompt you with a question for 30 seconds, followed by a recorded 2 minutes through your webcam. There were a total of 12 questions. The primary bulk of the difficult questions were in the middle, with multiple choice questions at the beginning (about security clearance and citizenship) and geographical questions towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you showed time management skills.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a teammate was unhelpful, and what you did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question
    • What else would you like us to know about you?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a problem arose in a project, what you did you remedy the problem, and how the overall outcome of the project benefited from your decision.   Answer Question