Raytheon

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

2.6

Financial Analyst I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Got called into a mixer to meet managers and other candidates, than got called to a private interview a week later. It was very easy going. Not to technical, but needed to prove the competency level of the job. Lasted 1 hour. Discuss about experience relevant to the job and show enthusiasm and you should be good.

Senior Test Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

The hiring manager called me to set up a interview about two to three weeks after I applied for the position. The interview was conducted with three other candidates and we one at a time met with four different employees within the department. Each employee had a different job title so I was asked many different questions and it wasn't all technical. Most of the questions were about my past experience and education, other questions were about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question for me was when they asked where I saw myself 5 years from now. For me this was difficult for me because I had just graduated and didn't really know what I really wanted.   Answer Question

User Experience/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in July 2014.

Recruiter arranges phone interview with a member of the UX/UI team. This was for a contract position with the digital media group. Team member was very personable and I enjoyed speaking with him. Asked for links to web sites I had built and online portfolio. Wanted to know what I used to build sites. They use Notepad++.

Senior Systems Engineer II (E04) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in July 2014.

The phone intinterviews long. Schedule is for 30m but took an hour and a half.

In person interview was short 1.5 hours. Individually met with people then met with as a group. This wasn't really beneficial because I ended up repeating myself constantly.

Interview Questions
    • What difficult team or personal conflicts have you had to work through?   Answer Question
    • What systems engineering experience do you have?   Answer Question
    I was not good. They offered me the same salary as my last job which was in a lower standard of living city. I negotiated more plus reloaded and a bonus but I went away still feeling under paid.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2014.

I was first contacted by HR on June 5th and interviewed on June 11. I received a Letter of Intent on June 20, an offer on July 3 and was supposed to start on July 14, but a last minute glitch would have delayed that a week. A rather long process.

It could have been even longer as I pushed for a response from Raytheon after I received another job offer. Also, the day before I was supposed to start work their nurse contacted me and wanted a physician report before she would clear me for work. I had broken my wrist eight months earlier and hurt my knee in the fall, so the nurse wanted to confirm I could walk and type! Raytheon's medical group had taken a week to process my medical form, so by the time I could arrange to meet with a doctor and have Raytheon process the doctor's response it might have added a week delay to my start date.

When you accept an offer from Raytheon, you're given many different forms to fill out. You're also directed to more than 16 internal documents to read that describes work policies. One document listed another document that you were to bring with you on the first day, but didn't provide a link to the document. However, I found it in their online document library. I carefully read this document but could not agree to signing it. Here's the clause in their "Employee Agreement - Proprietary Information, Inventions and Other Intellectual Property" document that concerned me:

"2.10 Employee hereby grants Raytheon the right to use, reproduce and to authorize others to use and reproduce his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and the like as Raytheon may deem appropriate."

There doesn't appear to be a time limit as to when they can use your name and other information. Also, they don't have to ask your permission or inform you when they use that information. I assume they're requiring this because they want to use your personal/professional information to market any ideas/patents/copyrights you develop as an employee. I'm a nobody, but I'm a somebody and I don't want my name and other information used without my consent or knowledge.

The other issue/concern I had related to the medical information they require before you start. They require completion of a 4-page medical form that asks about your visual, hearing and speech abilities, physical impairments, blood pressure, chest problems, allergies, chemical intolerances, occupational injuries, immune system deficiencies, medications and vaccines. They want the dates you had illnesses such as Measles, Mumps, Small Pox, Typhoid, BCG, tuberculosis skin test, etc. The last time I supplied that much information was for an insurance application.

They take the answers on this form seriously, and as I mentioned earlier, a broken wrist 8 months earlier concerned them. If I needed to use a cane or was old and had bad knees, I'm not sure I would have qualified for the job. If they're willing to hire people who are not able-bodied, they must be defining disabilities pretty narrowly.

I had been looking forward to working with the people I met during my interview. But Raytheon's paperwork and policies raised red flags. I feel it has a lot to say about how Raytheon treats it's people.

Interview Questions
    • They did ask me examples where I lead teams and it wasn't something that was mentioned in the job description. So it was unexpected, but a good thing.   Answer Question

Unwilling to sign a document that stated: "Employee hereby grants Raytheon the right to use, reproduce and to authorize others to use and reproduce his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and the like as Raytheon may deem appropriate." Also, Raytheon required me to get doctor's ok that I could type and walk given that I had fell 8 months prior and broke my wrist and hurt my knee. I can type - I had produced and publicly published code during that time and had no problem walking during the interview, but I would have had to pay a doctor to confirm it and not get paid while I waited for the Raytheon nurse to review the doctors notes. It took a week for the initial review of my medical record, so I'm assuming that would be another week without pay.

I liked the people I met and was looking forward to the work and working with them. But I would have been a Raytheon employee and subject to their policies and the way they treat people.

CV Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2014.

Had a phone interview with the hiring manager back in early March. Was pretty straight forward as they discussed some of the tasking for the positions they were currently hiring for. I was aware that this position was being moved from Tuscan to Huntsville soon. A few weeks ago, I received another call about having a 2nd interview. The interview ended up being done via VTC. Questions were mostly generic behavioral questions (would you mind working in a dynamic team environment, what did you like/dislike most about working for your previous employer), tell us about a time that you had to work with a difficult person). Was told that it could be another 4 weeks before I hear anything back regarding an offer.

Logistics Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

After applying, I heard from phone screens decently quickly (within 2 weeks) followed by a phone call requesting a interview. Recruiter gave me wrong information about location. Was told I would hear back within the week about the job, but never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do choosing between compromising product vs. not meeting deadline?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online, then received an email asking me to give an online interview a few months later. The Interview consisted of a series of computer-generated questions. There was no human on the other side of the screen.

Property Custodian Administrator Interview

Panel interview where job and work environment were described. Asked to explain my strengths and weaknesses, pretty typical interview. Heard back roughly a week later, went through drug screening and background check. Pay and contract length were also covered, though no length of the contract was specified.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

This is confusing. I haven't indicated that I interviewed Raytheon recently, but am getting these interviewing questions. I interviewed Raytheon in Huntsville, AL in 2005, but the pull down menu below only goes to 2010. I've been working for the company for many years and recently retired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember having any difficult questions. The people I met with were familiar with my work and knew what they were getting.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted.