Raytheon

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.6

Logistics Specialist I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

After applying, I heard from phone screens decently quickly (within 2 weeks) followed by a phone call requesting a interview. Recruiter gave me wrong information about location. Was told I would hear back within the week about the job, but never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do choosing between compromising product vs. not meeting deadline?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online, then received an email asking me to give an online interview a few months later. The Interview consisted of a series of computer-generated questions. There was no human on the other side of the screen.

Property Custodian Administrator Interview

Panel interview where job and work environment were described. Asked to explain my strengths and weaknesses, pretty typical interview. Heard back roughly a week later, went through drug screening and background check. Pay and contract length were also covered, though no length of the contract was specified.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

This is confusing. I haven't indicated that I interviewed Raytheon recently, but am getting these interviewing questions. I interviewed Raytheon in Huntsville, AL in 2005, but the pull down menu below only goes to 2010. I've been working for the company for many years and recently retired.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember having any difficult questions. The people I met with were familiar with my work and knew what they were getting.   Answer Question
    They offered and I accepted.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

The whole process lasted about 2 weeks.
    Onsite interview with 6 engineers.
    They asked much lots of questions about the various courses I had taken during my undergrad. Also asked on why I wanted to specifically work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy just went through my resume and transcript.   Answer Question

Temporary File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

I applied online through a staffing agency for a temp file position. That 3rd party contacted me a few days later if I applied and stated Raytheon wants a interview with me. The ambiance was one of professionalism. My interviewer was very easy to talk to and her questions weren't particularly hard. She just asked about my work history and the skills I utilized there. She also discussed what the work environment was going to be like for the candidate to be hired and the expectations.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was pretty straightforward where she basically just said, "Tell me about yourself" aka tell me about your work experiences and that was pretty much it.   View Answer

The reason why I declined is not because I didn't want the job, but after consideration, I didn't think it was best to leave my permanent job for a temporary one, despite having interned for Raytheon in the past; and they are a good company. More over, I decided to progress my job search something more in line with the skills I will need to market once I graduate college.

Senior Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

Was screened during a college career fair. Contacted for interview 1 month later. Interview scheduled about a month later. Interviewed in May 2014.

The interviewer was late, and did not remember my name. I was then taken to a conference room, where I was screened by one of their newer employees. Totally unprofessional in their demeanor - asking me questions that an undergraduate would know even though I had a PhD. Still, I answered them fine. Several more 1 on 1 interviews, then taken to cafeteria to eat lunch with team. i was made to wait nearly 30 minutes in line while the hiring manager got fish tacos. Upon sitting down, it turned into somewhat of an attack session by several of the other engineers.

After that, I was literally whisked away by two engineers, and not given the opportunity to thank the hiring manager for the interview, even though I asked to do so.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2014.

From Day 0 to Day n the process was outstanding. Everyone that I dealt with was extremely professional, yet confidently relaxed. I went through two phone interviews and one face-to-face interview. All were very thorough with a strong focus on the submitted resume. Additionally, the technical questions were solid yet not overwhelming.

Interview Questions
    • If confronted with a problem that you do not know how to solve, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Timing. A contract award process was taking forever and I was offered a job at another company that was closer to what I wanted to do at about the same salary.

Senior Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Raytheon.

The whole process was smooth and professional. Quick response from everyone including the hiring manager.

Salary

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

The position clearly required little supervision. Their questions were geared toward determining if you could learn fast, work with almost no supervision, and how well you handled unexpected changes during the work day. Not a position for someone who likes to focus on one project at a time.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. How well do you handle stress? How do you feel about working in a busy environment with constant interruptions? Are you comfortable with changing priorities throughout the day? There was obviously not a script of questions for this position when I interviewed.   Answer Question