Raytheon Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

It seems to take Raytheon for ever to go through resumes. If you want to work for them I recommend that you check back with them frequently as to the status of your application. It took approximately 5 weeks for my status to change from "Resume Submitted" to "Under Consideration" and then another 5-6 weeks for it to finally update to "No Longer Under Consideration".

Interview Questions
    • After numerous application submittals I have still not been able to get an interview. I would love to be able to just get to that point so I can have the chance to see what questions they have. Hopefully I will get that chance in the future, but from my experience so far, I think it is very hard to get an interview with Raytheon and I am going to assume that you need to know someone who works there to even have a chance, and seeing that I don't know anyone who works there, I am about to give up.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I was offered an HR interview during my university's campus career fair. I have only had an HR interview so far. After this, they assume you have applied online and ask you to forward them the job ids to pursue. They forward their reports to recruiters who contact you, if interested. Most likely, to be followed by a string of phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • No question as such. I was asked all the standard ones like, 1: how would you react in a conflict? 2. How do you do in a team setting? etc   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

Applied online and received a call about two months later. Was asked basic questions to verify the information found on my resume. Also asked if there was anything else I would like to elaborate on and if I had any questions. Was told that my resume would be forwarded to the HR manager and to keep in mind that it was the holiday season so a bit of time may pass before I am reached again.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was straightforward as it was only a phone interview; was only asked about information found on resume. One question that stuck out was "are you currently recruiting elsewhere?"   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raytheon.

As with so many jobs, inside connections are the make-or-break. While I was hired strictly because of what I knew, I was interviewed because of who I knew (or actually who knew me and asked his boss to recruit me). Interview was refreshingly open and frank. Manger was initially reluctant to hire me due to age (at ~40 I would become the "baby" in the group) but put aside his biases and discovered what I truly had to offer his team.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been fired for incompetence or breaking rules, etc?   View Answer
    Initially I was low-balled incredibly. Rather than negotiating, I asked for a more realistic offer to start negotiations over.

Intern - Finance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Raytheon.

I met with the hiring manger. He wasn't an extremely warm person, but seemed nice enough. There weren't any crazy or weird questions, just excel (V-lookup, pivot table, etc) and questions about working in groups.

I'd prepare as you would any other interview. Learn the basics about the company (Wikipedia?), think of answers to obvious interview questions (Why do you want to work here?, etc) be friendly, well rested.

Interview Questions
    • Just learn the key excel functions that people use in finance and accounting and you're set
      (You're experience may vary, I think managers conduct interviews however they want.)
        View Answer
    I didn't negotiate. The offer was generous for my qualifications and I didn't have any other options anyway.

Instrument Tech Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Raytheon.

Call on the phone to set up interview

Interview Questions
    it it fits your specific needs.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Out of college, I was subjected to a round robin style interview session. The first interview was with a relatively new/young engineer. I felt that this interview really helped Raytheon determine if I retained anything in school and was up with the technology. The second and third interviews were with engineering management; one technical, one non-technical. The technical portion really focused on aspects of my resume that could apply to the position I was interviewing for. The non-technical interview was focused on my life in general, work experience, and how I handle certain types of stress, people, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Always the most difficult is "What are your weaknesses".   View Answer

CDM Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interviewed with Recruiter and additional interview with small panel. Had follow-up meet and great with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about COTS products and how to manage them?   Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate the same benefits / vacation / pension from previous Raytheon Division, however, it was declined by the PM who was also the VP at the time and had veto power.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2013.

Applied through their website and was contacted about 3 weeks later. Was interviewed with a talent scout. Pretty ordinary interview. He asked me questions about my resume and some psychological questions. Nothing hard to answer. Things went well and he said he was going to recommend me to the next step of the interview process. I'm looking to hear back from them in the next few weeks or so.

Interview Questions
    • What have I done to go above and beyond the specifications of a project   Answer Question
    Still waiting to hear back from them.

Software Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in December 2013.

Went through phone interview where the things on my resume were discussed and some basic questions on object oriented principles were asked. After that I was invited to an onsite interview with 3 interviewers in which a slightly more extensive version of the phone interview took place.

Interview Questions
    • What makes languages like java or c++ able to create object oriented programs?   View Answer