Raytheon

Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.6

PDT Electro-Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

I just had an email stating the interview information. One month after interview they called and offered the job and compensation which I accepted without hesitation. Two more months I started working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult just a casual questions about previous experienced.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because the offer is the biggest offered I ever had.

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon.

The first evening I attended a hiring event with a large number of other candidates. The other candidates were from a variety of backgrounds looking for a variety of jobs. During the hiring event we met with hiring managers and discussed what their expectations for their candidates were and we coordinated interviews for the next day. The recruiters were excellent, encouraging people with higher degrees to be open to adjacent fields of work than their focused studies. The other candidates were energetic and friendly- something that was later reflected in the workforce when I accepted the position. I went through a few interviews with different groups, some were single interviewers, some were multiple interviewers. In all cases they were interested in my engineering experience and team work experience. The interviewers reflected my initial impression of the candidates and the recruiting team: energetic and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The standard questions asked were related to teams and conflicts. None of the questions were unexpected and there were not any technical questions asked.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Raytheon.

Was referred by a friend.
    Had phone screen, then an in person interview with 1-2 managers.
    Was offered a position 3 weeks later, with no follow up interviews or questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't recall any particularly difficult questions. Was not an overly technical interview, focused more on experience.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Raytheon.

I met the recruiter through a campus career fair and was able to set up an on-campus interview the next day. The interview itself was mostly questions regarding experiences with different team dynamics.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was to explain a time that a group had dissenting views on the solution, and how it was overcome.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2014.

HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

IT LDP Candidate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2014.

you will get a call for a intial phone screen , just preliminaries to inform you about the program, then they will tell you they will call you a month and a half later to do another interview if you pass that they will invite you to a onsite behavioral interview at the head quarters in MA. Raytheon promotes diversity as they expressed but if you ask me that is a bunch of hogg wash, they talk a good game but dont practice it. i was the only minority there and i didnt fell welcome , i felt as if they was fulfilling a HR requirement to have a diverse canidate go through the interview process . Come on i can put two and two together and i know foul play when i see it im lived in the Great state of texas so go figure. However I was qualified and me being from a low tier school i out shine canidates that was from High ranking schools such as MIT and Purdue just to name a couple. If you are a determine bright minority or non minority and looking to get ahead in your career Avoid raytheon like the plague. During the process When i was interviewing at the head quarters HR ask me , so tell me about the great things your herd about us. I really want to say back in texas a friend of mine just won a law suit against your company for racial descrimination a year ago, that the great things i have herd, i dodnt now this situation until i was invited three days before my flight.

Interview Questions
    • There isnt any it was behavioral, that why im sure it was more too the selection process.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer - Requirements Interview

Process was a little ad hoc. This interview was over ten years ago, and may not be applicable.
    Contacted several months after submitting resume for another position.

Interview Questions
    • There were some detailed technical questions, but most were oriented toward understanding how I would work in their environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Laid back, not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't much difficulty; mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon.

Submitted an online application and also knew internal person who forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager. Received a call from HR a few weeks later to set up an interview about a week out. Interview was first with the hiring manager then the team lead of the Program. Both were pretty relax, not all about the position. Wanted to get to know about me as well as my skills. Was a new hire out of college. Interview lasted about a hour. Left feeling confident that I got the position. Received a call maybe 2-3 weeks later from HR that they were offering me a position and salary which I accepted. Came in soon after to fill out paperwork and take a drug test. Started not too long after.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly was not asked too many difficult questions so I wouldn't have a thought here.   View Answer
    Did not negotiate, accepted first offer.

Legal Counsel Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Not sure why but the Interview process moves very slowly, even when the job need is critical. Just be prepared to wait to hear each step of the way. Quality of internal HR is very inconsistent so speed of response may depend more on how much your potential boss is willing to push the system. General sense is they really do try to get a good fit and meet with or at least phone screen many people for each spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing actually. Very straightforward questions as to why was I interested in the position and what relevant experience did I have.   Answer Question
    Best to negotiate as high as possible before accepting offer as it is much more difficult to get significant raises once employed. More flexibility in negotiating starting salary than expected.