Raytheon Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 20, 2015

2.5

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Fullerton, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy. Not a lot of technical questions. They were easy going people and everyone seemed very nice. The questions was informal and I was given a tour of the building. My interviewers were very helpful and had passion in their work. The whole process went by very quickly as we mainly conversed. They did ask me about my school experience, but didn't press me for technical details.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruited through on campus career fair. I spoke to a recruiter and within a week I received a request for an interview on campus. Very straightforward interview, no difficult questions. Interview was non-technical, instead was centered around leadership experience and problem solving. The interviewer was very professional and nice, and was an actual engineer at the company, not someone from HR. I am still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had a conflict in a team setting and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

The process starts with a phone call where they go over the details of your resume, if they like you you are then invited to come to their campus for a few hours of interviews. I had three interviews that day, which were 70% about my project and internship experience and the rest behavioral. They got back to me within 3 days with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Did ask some basic programming questions, ex. Have you ever used UML?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Currently in the negotiation phase

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I already had several job offers but accepted Raytheon SAS invitation for a job interview in El Segundo although I would never live in LA. They paid for air flight, and put me in a hotel in the airport area on the tenth floor, so I could admire LA smog and all year around brown clouds. I wanted to see a friend in LA; I never intended to accept potential Raytheon offer. I had 4 interviews, each about 40 minutes long. I worked for Raytheon about 10 years ago, and nothing changed. If company does not ask you any technical questions (like Raytheon), you will likely end up working with a lot of incompetent coworkers that use friendship and politics to accelerate their careers. That is exactly true about Raytheon anywhere. At Raytheon you get awarded for you inter-people skills far more than for your real contributions. Raytheon will lay people off in a heart beat. They cannot care less about their employees. Nobody asked me what I want to work on, which projects I find interesting, what would make me like my job. They claimed lots of their older employees retired, so they are now hiring aggressively. That was a lie. Raytheon's older employees accumulated lots of money in pension funds(not 401K, this is old fashion pension). During the last 5 years, these employees were offered early retirement packages, and if they did not accept them, they were laid off. Each person told me the same lie how employees just retired and would make you believe they were too old, and it was disgusting to listen to my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• We just talked about my resume. They asked me to give an example of which features to use in order to detect tanks in SAR images. They just want to know if you had some pre knowledge. 99% of time it was just chatting. I was asked about experience on my resume, my hobbies, why I want to move from the east coast to the west, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer II (E04) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The phone intinterviews long. Schedule is for 30m but took an hour and a half.

In person interview was short 1.5 hours. Individually met with people then met with as a group. This wasn't really beneficial because I ended up repeating myself constantly.

Interview Questions

• What difficult team or personal conflicts have you had to work through?   Answer Question
    • What systems engineering experience do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not good. They offered me the same salary as my last job which was in a lower standard of living city. I negotiated more plus reloaded and a bonus but I went away still feeling under paid.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

I applied online, then received an email asking me to give an online interview a few months later. The Interview consisted of a series of computer-generated questions. There was no human on the other side of the screen.

PDT Electro-Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

I just had an email stating the interview information. One month after interview they called and offered the job and compensation which I accepted without hesitation. Two more months I started working.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult just a casual questions about previous experienced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the offer is the biggest offered I ever had.

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Raytheon (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Submitted an online application and also knew internal person who forwarded my resume to the Hiring Manager. Received a call from HR a few weeks later to set up an interview about a week out. Interview was first with the hiring manager then the team lead of the Program. Both were pretty relax, not all about the position. Wanted to get to know about me as well as my skills. Was a new hire out of college. Interview lasted about a hour. Left feeling confident that I got the position. Received a call maybe 2-3 weeks later from HR that they were offering me a position and salary which I accepted. Came in soon after to fill out paperwork and take a drug test. Started not too long after.

Interview Questions

• I honestly was not asked too many difficult questions so I wouldn't have a thought here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, accepted first offer.

Instrument Tech Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA).

Interview

Call on the phone to set up interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it it fits your specific needs.