Raytheon

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

I applied online to a few positions. I was contacted via email in March 2013 to attend a hiring event in Tucson, AZ to be interviewed for a position I didn't apply for. There was about 150 candidates at the two-day event held at one of the resorts in Tucson. The first day they verified our citizenship, had lunch, went to the Raytheon plant site for a tour. It was a really nice facility, but I thought the tour was rather short. We only got to see three departments, I'm guessing this has to do with all the security restrictions. We then went back to the hotel, where we would then attend a reception to give a chance to interact with the various hiring departments. This is where you can have the chance to try and get additional interviews by showing interest to the hiring managers. It's kinda like speed dating, because the reception is only one hour long and once you start talking to a manager they get so much into talking about their job that it takes up to 15 -20 minutes of your time. All the hiring managers seem very happy and satisfied with their jobs. Following the reception, we were then wine and dined while they presented on Raytheon Missile Systems.
The second day, after breakfast, were the interviews. I only had one interview. The interview consisted on questions about my resume, and about four behavioral questions. It is really important that you know every single line item on your resume, because they will ask!

Interview Questions
  • There was really no difficult questions. If you really want the job, you have to show them enthusiasm and desire to work for them. They really want to see that you are not just interviewing for the sake of interviewing rather that you are ready to step into the professional world!   Answer Question
I did not negotiate, as this would my first job out of college. Besides, the starting salary is very competitive and was more than I was expecting.