Raytheon Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.6

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Interview

The interview process was done in two stages.

- After I applied, I was contacted by HR and I was told that I was being considered for the position. She then informed me that I had a "video interview" though the website HireView. During the interview, I dressed as if I was going to a face-to-face interview. The questions were the standard HR questions: weakness, strengths, where you see yourself in 5 years, etc. It also asked for you to describe work experience/projects, (which may have been unique to the individual).

- The same day, I was contacted by a manager to inform me that I was invited for a face-to-face interview. This process took about two weeks for me to know the details of the interview. Day of the interview: six interviewees were brought on site for to meet with three different managers. Before the interviews, we were given a presentation of what kind of work Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) does. This was followed with a tour of the manufacturing facility. We were brought back and the interviews started. Each interview lasted thirty minutes and was very conversational. To end the day, we were provided lunch and HR talked to us about benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, I negotiated.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Entry level interview started as an online, "at your own time," interview your "HireVue". The interview would prompt you with a question for 30 seconds, followed by a recorded 2 minutes through your webcam. There were a total of 12 questions. The primary bulk of the difficult questions were in the middle, with multiple choice questions at the beginning (about security clearance and citizenship) and geographical questions towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you showed time management skills.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a teammate was unhelpful, and what you did you remedy the situation.   Answer Question
    • What else would you like us to know about you?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where a problem arose in a project, what you did you remedy the problem, and how the overall outcome of the project benefited from your decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (El Segundo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied in February 2013, heard back from them in late April. Was phone interviewed then (going over resume and the work they do) and then 2 weeks later was flown in (all expenses paid) for another in person interview. In person interview was more informal. I was given a site tour by the hiring manager, met a few other employees and then HR for discussion of benefits. Was notified a week and a half later that an offer was being prepared for me.

Interview Questions

• Give me another perceived weakness, in addition to the one or two that I was prepared to answer with! I was constantly asked if I had any questions for them, so be prepared with many of your own questions as it shows interest in the position!!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I actually -did- negotiate as a college entry-level hire as I thought what was initially offered to me was a bit under average. They came back with a number that made me happy. I was quite pleased that they were able to do that for me!

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2013.

Interview

Applied online earlier in may and received a phone call from recruiter to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager.

phone interview was brief and talked about my experience using CAD and product design and why I want to work at Raytheon.

Waited a week for response and I have to take the initiative to call the hiring manager and HR recruiter to receive status. Obviously when applicant call in, you often hear a rejection.

Interview Questions

• just go over resume and talked about projects   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raytheon (Tucson, AZ) in November 2009.

Interview

Was flown out to Tucson and provided lodging. Food was reimbursed. Toured the plant site and was interviewed by representatives of different departments and sections that had interest in me. Initial communications were developed on campus at a technical career fair. Received an phone call to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe prior experience in an engineering job/internship.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2008.

Interview

First contacted online, then brought to work site for interview with 6 members of department. No specific technical questions, just open ended questions regarding work experience and familiarity with software tools

Interview Questions

• No technical questions asked. Only personality questions, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't be scared to try and negotiate