Raytheon

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2014.

Interview Details – HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online earlier in may and received a phone call from recruiter to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager.

phone interview was brief and talked about my experience using CAD and product design and why I want to work at Raytheon.

Waited a week for response and I have to take the initiative to call the hiring manager and HR recruiter to receive status. Obviously when applicant call in, you often hear a rejection.

Interview Question – just go over resume and talked about projects   View Answer

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon.

Interview Details – Applied in February 2013, heard back from them in late April. Was phone interviewed then (going over resume and the work they do) and then 2 weeks later was flown in (all expenses paid) for another in person interview. In person interview was more informal. I was given a site tour by the hiring manager, met a few other employees and then HR for discussion of benefits. Was notified a week and a half later that an offer was being prepared for me.

Interview Question – Give me another perceived weakness, in addition to the one or two that I was prepared to answer with! I was constantly asked if I had any questions for them, so be prepared with many of your own questions as it shows interest in the position!!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually -did- negotiate as a college entry-level hire as I thought what was initially offered to me was a bit under average. They came back with a number that made me happy. I was quite pleased that they were able to do that for me!

Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Interview Details – Was flown out to Tucson and provided lodging. Food was reimbursed. Toured the plant site and was interviewed by representatives of different departments and sections that had interest in me. Initial communications were developed on campus at a technical career fair. Received an phone call to move forward in the process.

Interview Question – Describe prior experience in an engineering job/internship.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in November 2008.

Interview Details – First contacted online, then brought to work site for interview with 6 members of department. No specific technical questions, just open ended questions regarding work experience and familiarity with software tools

Interview Question – No technical questions asked. Only personality questions, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't be scared to try and negotiate

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!