Raytheon Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in March 2014.

HR department was really responsive to emails and questions. The company paid for all travel expenses during the interview process and interviewers were very friendly while keeping me on my toes at the same time. Interviews were draining however, lasting more than an hour each with three back-to-back-to-back in very small offices with no windows.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon.

Applied in February 2013, heard back from them in late April. Was phone interviewed then (going over resume and the work they do) and then 2 weeks later was flown in (all expenses paid) for another in person interview. In person interview was more informal. I was given a site tour by the hiring manager, met a few other employees and then HR for discussion of benefits. Was notified a week and a half later that an offer was being prepared for me.

Interview Questions
    • Give me another perceived weakness, in addition to the one or two that I was prepared to answer with! I was constantly asked if I had any questions for them, so be prepared with many of your own questions as it shows interest in the position!!   Answer Question
    I actually -did- negotiate as a college entry-level hire as I thought what was initially offered to me was a bit under average. They came back with a number that made me happy. I was quite pleased that they were able to do that for me!

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in May 2013.

Applied online earlier in may and received a phone call from recruiter to schedule a phone interview with hiring manager.

phone interview was brief and talked about my experience using CAD and product design and why I want to work at Raytheon.

Waited a week for response and I have to take the initiative to call the hiring manager and HR recruiter to receive status. Obviously when applicant call in, you often hear a rejection.

Interview Questions
    • just go over resume and talked about projects   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2009.

Was flown out to Tucson and provided lodging. Food was reimbursed. Toured the plant site and was interviewed by representatives of different departments and sections that had interest in me. Initial communications were developed on campus at a technical career fair. Received an phone call to move forward in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe prior experience in an engineering job/internship.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Raytheon in November 2008.

First contacted online, then brought to work site for interview with 6 members of department. No specific technical questions, just open ended questions regarding work experience and familiarity with software tools

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions asked. Only personality questions, etc   Answer Question
    Don't be scared to try and negotiate