Raytheon Mission Operations and Services

3.2

Principal Public Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services in January 2012.

I met with the hiring manager first, then had 3 additional interviews.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money and receive $5k more, but neglected other benefits.

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services in November 2010.

phone interview followed by several one on one interview

Take it or leave it

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services in January 2011.

Great culture and people. Only 1interview.

Interview Questions
    • Interview had standard interview questions. If you are called your chances of getting hired are great   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services in March 2013.

After meeting with recruiters during an on-campus career fair, I was scheduled for a pre-screening interview before receiving the invitation to visit Raytheon's Tucson Headquarters. I was fortunate to speak with a former graduate I was familiar with who previously lead (and started) the school's Rocketry Club.

Being from Tempe, it was a hop-skip-and-a-jump to Tucson, Arizona where I stayed a couple of nights in Loews Ventana Canyon Resort. It was a two day interview process, however, I spent an extra night before to meet with the managers and other employed QA Engineers and learn more about what they do.

The process started off with a tour of Raytheon's Plant-site and a few of the facilities. They authorized you at the hotel by confirming your personal information, finger-prints, citizenship status, and provided temporary security clearance once confirmed (this also keeps you in the system). Of what I thought was the most memorable of the tour was the simulation room and electronics department where I observed employees calibrating missile heads and prototyping electronics for on-board chips.

That evening, the conglomerate of candidates had a chance to meet with other departments other than the ones they were assigned and squeeze in a chance to interview with the recruiters the following day. The two hour period followed with dinner and a presentation from key note speaker Wes Kremer, vice president of Air and Missile Defense Systems.

On the second day, interviews were conducted. Tables were set-up where HR provided revised interview schedules. My scheduled interview surprisingly was canceled in place of another session I was not originally committed to. After talking with the recruiters for some time, I was allowed back for my designated interview but at a much later time. We were sent to conference rooms and lounge areas dispersed around the hotel being questioned by at least two recruiters.

Overall, the experience was great! They treated you well and made you feel a part of the company before even placed on payroll. 10/10 would do it again.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you made an extra effort to produce high quality output. How did you go about this?   Answer Question

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services in April 2009.

3 phone interviews, 1 in person interview for which I was flown in. The in-person interview was with the direct managers at the client site. First run, I declined the offer in favor of another offer. Second run, I accepted the offer, after which came a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • In reality, I was very comfortable with all the questions. If anything, the question that called my attention was "what do you think of open source?". they wanted to see if I would be willing to learn an open source RDBMS (Postgres) in the eventuality they decided to migrate from Informix, their current RDBMS.   View Answer
    Negotiation was quick. They offered me their 2nd top level for the position I was applying citing that if they were to give me the top level, I had little room for growth. I was satisfied with the starting salary, so I accepted. I did want a sign in/relocation bonus, and the recruiter "forgot" to include it in the offer. When I pointed out the omission, she mentioned "bonuses come from another budget, if I wanted one, we'd need to go thru the application process again." (application, drug test, background test, etc, not the interviews). I opted to not bother. Looking back, I should have.

Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services.

Applied using internal rcareers web portal. Selected for a phone interview about 1 week after I had applied for the position. It was a phone interview with the manager at the time in Alice Springs, Australia. He went through my resume asked me about my experience and discussed the job

Interview Questions
    • How would my family and I enjoy living in the middle of outback Australia?   View Answer
    Straightforward

Compliance Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Raytheon Mission Operations and Services.

Professionally executed, interviewers informed of position requirements, sensitive and accomodating to interviewee's schedule, clearly stated company policies and benefits; included all relevant functional areas to participate in interview schedule; friendly and professional which led to an enjoyable interview process and refreshing that management was well versed in the potential position requirements

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this company? Seems a bit rhetorical since the company is a successful top 10 publicly traded defense contractor with competitive benefits and reknowned reputation; especially for applicants in need of a job; today's economic environment allows employers the benefit of choice whereas applicants, although somewhat discriminating, are forutnate to be interviewed and considered for a position   Answer Question
    Not in a position to negotiate but fortunately the offer was fair

Worked for Raytheon Mission Operations and Services? Contribute to the Community!