Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Multidisciplinary Engineer II Interview

Multidisciplinary Engineer II
Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Raytheon in March 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from a Raytheon employee saying that they were going to be on campus and that I should attend an informational meeting. I'm not sure where they got my email from. I decided to go and then talked to one of the guys after the meeting. After looking at my resume for a couple seconds he added me to the interview list for the next day on campus. The on campus interview was pretty standard. Mostly behavioral questions and the same ones you get at other interviews. He asked several questions about my research and thesis topic and wanted me to explain more about what I have been working on. He pretty much told me I would be getting an invite to interview in Tucson with his group (Signal Processing Group).

I received a few phone calls from HR setting up travel arrangements and stuff to go down there. I also received a phone call from a different group (Modeling and Simulation) and they asked lots of the same questions I had in the on campus interview. They didn't know I was already going down there to interview with the Signal Processing group but when I told them they said they would want to interview me too.

The interviews in Tucson are pretty cool. There were probably 150 or more students there to interview and they put us all up in a really nice resort and all the interviews took place at the resort. One day we took buses to Raytheon to take a tour of the actual place. There were some banquet style dinners with really good food.

In the actual interviews they mostly asked behavioral questions but they did ask a couple of easy questions about Fourier transforms.

While I was driving to the airport about an hour after the interviews I got a call from one of the men I interviewed with from the Signal Processing Group and he said they were going to give me an offer. I was surprised to find out so soon but it was cool.

The next day or maybe 2 days later I got an email from HR saying I would be getting an offer and the official offer came in an email about 3 or 4 days later. They only give you 10 days to decide but they will give you an extension if you need one.

The offer was pretty good and it was the group that I really wanted to work in so I decided to accept the offer.

Interview Question – If you have an N-point Fourier transform, what is the width of each frequency bin?   Answer Question

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!