Raytheon Principal Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Raytheon (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

2 group interviews plus one-on-one

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You are negotiating with someone you will never meet, some HR person in a remote office. I got an offer of a cash bonus the second I mentioned that I would be forgoing a bonus at my previous company.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Raytheon (Linthicum, MD) in April 2009.

Interview

Application via website with resume required to get things started. After putting in the application, it took a while to get the initial interview scheduled. The interview process was informal, with a scheduled time to arrive, but the various people to speak with did not seem to be scheduled in advance beyond the HR team. It was a little chaotic. I was expected to fill out another set of application papers at the interview. Be prepared with dates, addresses, and details of education, past jobs and references.

Interview Questions

• What would you recommend to grow our business in the current customer community?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was very informal. It was done via email and phone calls with the talent acquisition representative. The company is willing to negotiate on weeks of vacation, and I was able to negotiate starting salary based on a bonus and education reimbursement that I would lose with my current employer if I left before the next Spring. Once the details were worked out, the company still took two weeks to get the formal offer out in the mail. I was surprised at how long the entire negotiation took.