Raytheon

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Linthicum, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Raytheon in April 2009.

Interview Details – Application via website with resume required to get things started. After putting in the application, it took a while to get the initial interview scheduled.

The interview process was informal, with a scheduled time to arrive, but the various people to speak with did not seem to be scheduled in advance beyond the HR team. It was a little chaotic. I was expected to fill out another set of application papers at the interview. Be prepared with dates, addresses, and details of education, past jobs and references.

Interview Question – What would you recommend to grow our business in the current customer community?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was very informal. It was done via email and phone calls with the talent acquisition representative. The company is willing to negotiate on weeks of vacation, and I was able to negotiate starting salary based on a bonus and education reimbursement that I would lose with my current employer if I left before the next Spring.

Once the details were worked out, the company still took two weeks to get the formal offer out in the mail. I was surprised at how long the entire negotiation took.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Principal Software Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Raytheon in June 2011.

Interview Details – 2 group interviews plus one-on-one

Interview Question – What automated testing tools did you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are negotiating with someone you will never meet, some HR person in a remote office. I got an offer of a cash bonus the second I mentioned that I would be forgoing a bonus at my previous company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Raytheon

Worked for Raytheon? Contribute to the Community!

Raytheon Videos

Raytheon – Why Work for Us?

Raytheon: Aspiring to be the most admired defense and aerospace systems company through our world-class people and technology Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Raytheon Principal Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Raytheon employees and interview candidates.