Raytheon

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Raytheon in June 2011.

2 group interviews plus one-on-one

Interview Questions
You are negotiating with someone you will never meet, some HR person in a remote office. I got an offer of a cash bonus the second I mentioned that I would be forgoing a bonus at my previous company.

Other Interview Reviews for Raytheon

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linthicum, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Raytheon in April 2009.

Application via website with resume required to get things started. After putting in the application, it took a while to get the initial interview scheduled.

The interview process was informal, with a scheduled time to arrive, but the various people to speak with did not seem to be scheduled in advance beyond the HR team. It was a little chaotic. I was expected to fill out another set of application papers at the interview. Be prepared with dates, addresses, and details of education, past jobs and references.

Interview Questions
    • What would you recommend to grow our business in the current customer community?   View Answer
    Negotiation was very informal. It was done via email and phone calls with the talent acquisition representative. The company is willing to negotiate on weeks of vacation, and I was able to negotiate starting salary based on a bonus and education reimbursement that I would lose with my current employer if I left before the next Spring.

Once the details were worked out, the company still took two weeks to get the formal offer out in the mail. I was surprised at how long the entire negotiation took.